Gamer Amaterasu - Lead or Sub?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by stratataisen, May 15, 2019.

1. stratataisen

stratataisen Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I managed to roll her. Is she better as a lead or a sub?

2. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Lead: Mediocre, but not terrible. Could be worth playing around with if your best leads are the ones currently showing in your signature. But only if you have good light God types, and only if you can find a friend who runs her.

Sub: Decent, but awoken skills aren't the best.

Inherit: Pretty strong.

Her active is easily the best part, so consider inheriting her on something else for a light or green team.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  3. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    As a lead, she's solid, but she's nothing special. She's got some tankiness from her hp multiplier (which is complemented by her healing). Her attack multiplier is on the low end among the best leads, but is good enough for most content if your subs have solid offensive awakenings (killers, 7c, etc.). Her god-typing gives her a reasonable pool of subs. You could beat most dungeons with her, but you'll probably have a hard time finding friends that run her.

As a sub, she's pretty mediocre. She has the basics: 2 sb, 2 TEs, sbr, and unbindable...but she's low on offensive awakenings with the exception of that 10c awakening and she has no other useful awakenings (VDP, FUA, etc.). The 10c awakening multiplies her personal damage by 5, which is ridiculously strong and has a really cool dragon animation when you trigger it, but it's nearly impossible to trigger on a regular sized board. A standard board has 30 orbs, so you would need to have a board that divides perfectly into 10 combos of 3 orbs each. So on a normal board she effectively has no offensive awakenings unless you get really lucky. She's more usable as a sub when you're using a 7x6 lead that's very combo friendly.

As @MisterDrgn said, her strongest asset is actually her active, which completely clears binds and provides a board change that will be great for some leads. More importantly, she's heritable unlike the most common full-bind clearer, OdinDra. So the answer to your question is actually 'none of the above'....she's most valuable as an assist. Well, that or for her orb skins if that's your thing.

4. stratataisen

stratataisen Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ok, thanks for the info!I think I know a few I could use her as an assist on.

5. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm usually more practical than this, but I have to say it:

Her art is ONE OF MY FAVORITE PIECES OF ART IN THE GAME.

I'm a mythology and folklore enthusiast and there are so many great references to Japanese mythology in her art.

Also, that orb skin is super cute.

Okay, art aside:

Her stats at 99 are weak, but her stats at 110 are solid: https://ilmina.com/#/CARD/5217

6. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Is she the only inheritable odindra active for light?