Gem Temple dungeon... tasty, but short

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by taen, Aug 6, 2018.

1. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    So, I only caught this for the last 8 minutes, but I powered through it 4x, 2 regular and 2 annihilation diff.

Anyone have insight on how frequently we might expect this?

I picked up many medium and large gems as well as Gaia Drag, Gaia Awoken, and ... I don't recall the third, lol.

I LOVE this concept though, talk about fast accumulation of a gem stockpile!

-T

PS: no details yet, but link to Padx: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=3611

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  2. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    4 times in 8 minutes? That's an average of roughly 2 minutes per run. Is it really that easy?

I'm not sure how often we'll get this dungeon but if I had to guess, it would be similar to the jewel rush.

3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I didn't even attempt Annihilation difficulty because I caught it near the end of the hour, but my Kaede teams made quick work of it once I put an Indigo assist back on my alt's Kaede (and remembered to use it).

Yes, this is most definitely a welcome addition to the urgent dungeons. I just hope the frequency is closer to tamadras or even jewel rush than Whaledor/Raguel/that red dragon with the row awakenings.

4. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, it is that easy. I anticipated the anni difficult to be rough so I ran the easy twice, and crushed them (after the first one a little hestitantly and realizing it was easier than the tama dungeon, I just started blowing actives with Clea and face rolled. So, I tried Anni, ran through once in ~ 4-5min, and was able to enter a second time before the dungeon closed (so, probably 15-16 min in all). Got Hephdra on run one, (that was the other gem I couldn't remember.) The first anni run was lame, all small/med/large gems until final floor, but the second I had a named ult evo gem on floors 2-5 + Gaia on 6.

I HOPE it comes often, this was a surprise and a wicked fast way to build gems up.

-T

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  5. hirosan31

hirosan31 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Tried kaede once on annihilation coop, died on the last floor with dark izanami at 5%. need 2 turns to kill each floor exept water.

6. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I missed this one on my Main account because I was at work. On my Alt's account it is going to run tonight. Can't wait to try it!

7. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    btw there's a radar dragon at the end. I was just planning on coasting through a bunch of gems with Yog but that didn't work out so well.

8. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the heads up! On my Alt's account, this dungeon is coming up at midnight. Yea.

9. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    It is a couple min run, juts bear in mind you can faceplant into heradra void on endfloor, or eat a gaiadra -500, if you arent prepared for all five radar to rng up whichever is most awkward.

Midfloors are fairly forgiving for stall for any team with decent hp or rcv.
    You can laser them for farm speed, but probably shouldn't less antivoid is a base sub and up fast by endfloor, or you inherit lasers on whaledors, which seems overly bespoke for this miscellaneous farm.

10. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I wasn't sure what the HP was like on floors 1-5 on annihilation so I did 7x6 and made sure to have guard break on both sides of the team and just swept by matching 5 of one of the guard break colors. I think everything is pretty much buttonable but standard lazers won't work against the rare specific evo spawns. Need something like grimjow and a defense break.

I'll have to look up some button-style builds. See what people are doing. Matching orbs is for the birds.

11. James1605

James1605 Active Member

Master seems to only be regular gems, so you just need something to bypass/break their really high defense.

Annihilation is a real gamble, for a few reasons. It's twice the stamina, you can apparently get a much tougher spawn on any of the first 5 floors (I didn't in my only run), you don't know which boss you'll get, and you may not get their rare gem. My first run of Master I got 5 medium gems. I only ran Annihilation once, but I only got 3 small and 3 medium gems (no rare gem). So, for 1/2 the stamina, I got 5 medium gems, vs 3 small and 3 medium. Maybe I just had really bad luck, but Annihilation just didn't seem worth the trouble, so I just ran Master some more (I also wanted to run the tan dungeon that was coming up later, so I was saving stamina for that). FWIW, Heph Dragon was the boss in my Annihilation run and I just got lucky with which team cleared the floor before his and got hit with his +15 CD preempt.

FWIW, while the regular gems don't hit super hard in Annihilation, you'll have several on a floor and if you're trying to stall (or save your actives, like I was) and don't take some of them out, the hits can really add up.

12. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Got a freaking machine Zeus gem to drop and ran into Heradra which is the only one I can't handle... Fujin actives are just so longgg

13. Hansey

Hansey Destined to never own a single Haku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Really sad that I missed this yesterday. At first I wasn't too fussed because I assumed annihilation was going to be too difficult for me, but seeing the PDX page now makes me think I'd be able to finally get the GaiaDrag I need to evolve OdinDra. (Even if it takes multiple runs due to RNG.)

Hopefully it will come around again sooner rather than later.

14. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    LOL whale status here :). Finally found some use for all those Lajoas I rolled.

Coop:

Main: Lead Lajoa(Pixel Lightning) - 2 SDR/Dmeta(Pugh) - 3 evo killers/Dmeta(Bride Perseph)/Pixel Lajoa - 3 godkilers/Pixel Lajoa - 3 machine killers

Alt: Lead Lajoa/Pixel Lajoa - 3 evo killers(Pugh)/Pixel Lajoa/UUVO Satan/Fujin

F1(Main) - Alt's Lead Lajoa
    F2(Alt) - Pix Lajoa
    F3(Main) - Pix Lajoa
    F4(Alt) - Pix Lajoa
    F5(Main) - Pix Lajoa
    F6(Alt) -
    If Heradra, UUVO Satan, Fujin, Swipe.
    If Noah Drag, Satan, PixLightning, pass. Main pop bride perseph and Pugh for comfortable move time and make box
    If Heph, Fujin for haste to get lead lajoa up, pop it and kill(he will heal). Main pass back to alt, alt pop satan and swipe.
    If Gaia or Zeus, just pop satan and lightning, pass to main, and make the box.

If any of the Lajoas board troll you, youre fine since LJ has that amazing shield, just chip damage and move on, using passes if needed.

I got like twentysomething annihilation runs done in my hour last night. One or two more hours of this and I will be stocked up for the foreseeable future.

Vaedriel likes this.
  15. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I used Yusuke to clear mine last night and had Lugh sitting in my Alt's Cotton spot. I just stalled on the gem floors until Lugh was up. The gems don't hit very hard.

16. James1605

James1605 Active Member

Well, it's back today (Thursday), so if you missed it last time, or could just use more gems, there you go. I'm guessing that it's back so soon as part of the "Training" event that's going on now.

Vaedriel likes this.
  17. Hansey

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The LTD link in game is telling me that Gem Temple is 11:30-12:30 (UTC-8) for me today. After adjusting for the time zone, that should be 2:30-3:30 my time (EST), which is right now, but it's not showing up for me. Anyone else in group B not seeing it? I assume it's supposed to be in "Special Dungeons"?

18. aznnluvnit

aznnluvnit Member

it should be up at 3:30 pm EST

Hansey likes this.
  19. Hansey

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ah, okay, thanks. I probably mistook UTC for BST or something.

20. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If anyone in group D or group A has a Kaede swipe team and wants to run Matter difficulty of Gem Temple tonight, please let me know!

I missed groups B and E times because work was crazy busy today.

EDIT: I can bring the Indigo assist.