Getting to the bottom (or top) of your monster box

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by nickjr, May 21, 2016.

1. nickjr

nickjr Pushbutton kouhai of whale senpais

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just two super-dee-duper minor tips that I felt like sharing :p

To get to the top of your monster box: Tap the "header" of whatever view you're in ("Select Base Monster", "Monster Box", "Sell Monsters", etc.; it's the green bar that has the Back button and is on the same level as the sort/filter button)

To get to the bottom of your monster box without going to the empty spaces (which is what happens if you just drag the scrollbar all the way down; not all views will let you view the empty spaces, but still): Tap the moving text at the bottom, above the menu buttons/below the level with the "Card(s) 946/1000" text

Wizard, tanpopo, Raizel and 18 others like this.
  2. Guigui

Guigui Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Real nice tip ! Let you start the "ten things you did not know about Puzzle & Dragons" series.

nickjr likes this.
  3. nickjr

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Like how when you go to filter by multiple attributes, types, and awakenings, you can slide your finger instead of tapping each one individually? And how if you want to invert your current filters (e.g. you have fire and dark on, and you want to switch to water, wood, and light), you can just slide your finger over all of them? :p

Nachtmacher likes this.
  4. nickjr

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Here's another one:

You know how you can toggle a monster's favorite status via the little On/Off button in the upper right corner of a monster info screen? You can do this for dungeon drops without even going to your monster box. Just press and hold the monster in the drops list on the dungeon clear screen, and you'll be brought to the monster info screen, which does include the On/Off favorite toggle.

Unfortunately, you can't do this if you hold your finger down to fast forward through the dungeon drops list, and you have to wait until all of the drops are revealed. At least you can still fast forward through the coins/exp part and lift your finger off before the dungeon drops list! lol

5. nickjr

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I seem to remember that multi-turn armor break actives do carry through enemies with status shields, even though they don't work on enemies that put up status shields. Can anyone confirm this? I'm stingy and want to use my stamina on other stuff instead of trying to test this out to confirm what I remember lol

For example, if I pop Hysferzen and then proceed to sweep all floors up to an enemy with a status shield, then the armor break would have still been at 5 turns right before I arrived at that enemy. This is common knowledge (I think).

But then if I sweep that status-shielded enemy and the next enemy has no status shield, then that enemy will have the armor break that I popped earlier--with 4 turns (3 if this enemy has some other preemptive) remaining.

I don't think this would come in handy that often, but hey, I'm in this thread lol

(To be specific, I seem to remember using Hysferzen for the damage reduction in some dungeon, maybe a rush? And then I killed the next enemy with a status shield, and then King Fatty spawned with a few turns left of broken armor, and I was like "oh, so I didn't just doom myself by using Hysferzen too early")

6. nickjr

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    A quick way to restart PAD without having to go through the whole force-close-an-app process is to go to Others > Return to Title Screen. Can't do this while you're in a dungeon, but I'd imagine that the primary reason you'd do this (if you find yourself wanting to do it at all) is to force your friends list to refresh since it doesn't always refresh when you load it. (You'd want to refresh your friends list to check if high-rank players have logged in recently so that you don't miss the 1-hour window for using them as a friend.

I mean, we do have BFs now, but shh

edit: You'd also want to refresh your friends list if you requested that someone put up a specific leader and they just messaged you back saying that they put that leader up)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Dunamos likes this.
  7. nickjr

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You can access all of those post-dungeon game tip popups by going to Others > Help.

The three tips about Skill Transfer are at the bottom of the Useful Info category.

:p

Dunamos likes this.
  8. swintergreen

swintergreen Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow, that scroll up and down tip is going to save me a lot of movement, especially when fusing and editing my teams! Thanks!

nickjr likes this.
  9. BillyBlanks

BillyBlanks Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    wow that is awesome, I had wasted so much time scrolling back and forth, thanks a ton!

nickjr likes this.
  10. nickjr

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    When you sort your monsters by Skill (Chng Ordr > Special > Skill), your monsters are sorted by age of active skill in reverse chronological order.

If you have a monster selected already (e.g. for fusing), then the monsters with the same active skill are at the very, very top, but you probably already knew that.
    Those with the newest active skills added to PAD are at the top.
    Those with the oldest active skills added to PAD, even if they are recent monsters, are at the bottom.
    Those with no active skills, even if they are recent monsters, are at the very, very bottom.

Your wedding Akechi will be among the first monsters you see, assuming you didn't filter the guy out. Your wedding Echidna will be hanging out with her original incarnation and all five Christmas healer girls near the bottom of the list. Same goes for your wedding Ruka and wedding Kano; they'll be sitting with their original versions. NY Mitsuki, however, will be floating far, far away from her original version.

I probably saved you about five minutes of pondering. You're welcome. Use those extra five minutes well. :p

Nachtmacher, PDF3 and Celerity like this.
  11. nickjr

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    When you're using the "select at once" feature to put together your teams, you know how you can see the team at the bottom, between the Clear and Done buttons?

Tap on an occupied monster slot to remove the monster from your team. Tap on an empty monster slot to bring back the most recent monster that was in that slot. This way, you don't have to scroll as much to remove and re-add monsters. (Tap and hold an occupied monster slot to view the monster's information)

12. nickjr

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    "I see Multi-Select for folder sorting... What about Single-Select?"

To move one monster at a time to a different folder without scrolling all the way to the top to Multi-Select, tap the monster to get to this screen, then tap the folder icon:

Also:
    For those who didn't know: As of the update where you can sell your dungeon drops from the dungeon rewards screen, you can actually just hold down your finger and you won't go past the dungeon rewards screen.

Dunamos likes this.
  13. SuperArtFight

SuperArtFight Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have been playing an embarrassingly long time without knowing the opening tip in this thread. It is SO HELPFUL!! Thank you so much for mentioning it (and continuing to add on other tips)!!

While I was gleefully teleporting between the top and bottom of my boxes, testing it out, I thought to myself 'I wish I could do this for the middle of the box as well...' And sure enough, turns out you can! Pick a point anywhere along the scroll bar to the side of your monster box, press your finger there and hold (instead of swiping/scrolling), and you will be transported to that part of your box. Thought it would be good to mention in this same thread!:

MonsterBoxScroll.jpg

Dunamos, mtb911 and nickjr like this.
  14. nickjr

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    To rename your two custom folders, press and hold the folder icons:

The first time I saw a screenshot with named folders, I thought they were edited in. Then I saw a few more screenshots with named folders using the same font... LOL

Iluvatar likes this.