GH Stream Quick Question about host

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by kandjar, Apr 8, 2019.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I miss the beginning of the stream, did they mention anything about Antonio?

2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Missed the beginning too but you can always click on Videos on twitch and start it from the beginning.

3. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No info mentioned about Antonio, I guess he left????

4. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Antonio doesnt work for Gungho anymore. He made a post here a couple months back saying he was leaving.

5. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I saw Michael's one; but I missed it Antonio's one.
    Was the post on padforum?

6. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Found it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD..._goodbye_antonio_best_of_luck_in_your_future/

I guess part of me find it sad that they didn't say anything about it in today's stream; considering what it did for Pad especially.
    Oh well, I guess that's that...

I can't blame them too much; you can tell they aren't used to live stream; it was quite painful to watch.... No offense intended, I still remember the first GH stream :) It wasn't much better, really :D

7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think they made several very smart decisions in preparation for the stream.

They kept a balance between a script and ad libs, they brought a lot of great news that the NA player base has been eagerly anticipating (and they WAITED until they had that good news and the updates were imminent), they opened by recognizing and thanking the community, they kept the stream relatively short, and they addressed newer players AND veterans.

All these factors together gave the hosts an opportunity to ease in to what must be an intimidating task. Antonio was a well-liked figure in the NA PAD community and stepping in to that role had to be daunting, but knowing that you're going to be telling players that they're going to be getting 100 stones along with other great goodies had to take the edge off, if only just a little.

I don't remember watching the early streams with Antonio and Michael, but the hosts were likable and I think they'll grow in to their new roles well once the nerves wear off and they get used to livestreaming.

I've been quick to call out choices GungHo has made that I disagree with, so I feel it's only fair to post and say that the staff did a great job preparing for this stream. Again, I think the hosts will grow in to the role over time, just like Antonio did. I can't imagine how nerve-racking it must be to step in to that situation and I think they did a great job.

kandjar and xer 21 like this.
  8. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    I had a good laugh when they said "this is a preview of version 17, it's still in development so stuff may change".
    The stream was kinda bad tho, i don't mind the people but i wonder why chatting about nothing when they could have simply show all the megas and filled half of their airtime with that, maybe they have a strict policy from gungho following jp stream issues?