GH2 Tournament Results!

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by kandjar, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Moryce

Moryce Member

User ID:
    342 724 387
    I'd love to see a video of yours
    It must be spectacular to see such speed and accuracy at the same time !

Fridgeboy likes this.
  2. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Tried several times. At 11% now, so I'm out. Anubis/DiaoChan/Ronove/TopDroid/BKali/Diabolos was my team
    TopDroid+BKali for poison resist
    Ronove for an active pop and to clear out jammers on the last floor if they go through

F1 is such cancer because you more or less have to rely on skyfall to hit 8 combos every time. Top 27% should be possible even if you don't though. Ronove was nice, but not necessary. Diao is just flat out not worth it since her active takes so long. A lot of extra TE on this team, but combos>time since this is such a short dungeon. It's better to prioritize hitting as many combos as you can consistently in a relatively reasonable amount of time.

3. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nothing special. Main ran it’s Rikuu team 1st attempt and scored 68% with 94k. Second attempt I tried a RaDrag/Raijin pairing and didn’t do much better.

My Alt, however, went with its Raijin team and got something like 50-51% and sitting at 113k points on 1st attempt. I was surprised. I love Raijin and wish my Main would pull one.

4. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Bahhhhh, just ruined my 150 by making an 8c floor 5 lol. It's official. I am a victim of good-run nerves. Ended at 148.1 with a 12.7c average. Losing 4-5c on that floor cost like 3-4k points.

iddybat likes this.
  5. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think you could get easy to under 27% if you just use a pure combo lead instead of rainbow so you can just one shot everything the first turn. I used sherias roots on my alt and rukia paired with sherias on my main.

Got both Accounts to around 20% so i am safe for the rainbow medal. i am not that fast or good at combos and it didn't take me more than 250 stam.

Tux, Vaedriel and ko300zx like this.
  6. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    :wideyed: Hot damn! I scored 110K on my first run with Roots which took me up from 68% to 43%! Thanks for that suggestion! TBH, I just want the 297 and killer machine. As long as I get those, I'll be happy. :p

Tux likes this.
  7. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

User ID:
    NA 339,899,271
    PADherder:
    link
    For me, 7x6 is easier than 6x5. My first runs of this tournament had the 6x5 board, but my attacks were too weak, so I wasted extra turns to slay my opponents. When I switched to my 7x6 leader, my attacks became stronger, my opponents died in fewer turns, and I got a higher score.

The big problem with 7x6 is poison. Before turn 1, the dungeon uses a skill delay to cancel my skill boosts, and the 6x5 board becomes a full board of wood, or the 7x6 board becomes a mix of wood and poison. In my first run with the 7x6 board, I erased the poison and we died.

One might leave the poison on the board, but I feared that I would erase the wood, then the poison would fall together and slay us. If the poison stayed on the board, I would have fewer attacking orbs, so my 7x6 board would act like a smaller board. I can't use an orb change to destroy the poison, because of the skill delay. One might use latent awakenings to resist skill delay, but my cards have no latents, and I have collected only 6 latents versus skill delay since I began playing PAD. I decided to use :awakening11: awakenings of poison resistance. These awakenings can't come from assists, because the dungeon has Assists Invalid.

This card is Water Kali from the GungHo Pal Egg Machine. This event added 2 poison resistances to Water Kali. My game is old; I pulled my 1st Water Kali back on 14 Dec 2016, and now have 9 cards of Water Kali. (I might sell 5 and keep 4.) If I use 3 cards, I can have up to 6 resistances.

Yesterday (Wed 26 Sep 2018), I farmed Revenge of the Sapphire Dragons to raise Kali 2nd and Kali 3rd to level 98. Today (Thu 27 Sep 2018), I added Tamadra in Power-Up Fusion, where each Tamadra yields 10,000 EXP. These Tamadra raised Kali 2nd and 3rd to level 99. I didn't use Monster Enhancements → Awakening, because Tamadra don't yield EXP there. I saved a Tamadra and unlocked only 1 of 2 resistances on Kali 3rd, so I have 5 resistances, which seems enough.

Water Tachibana: [7x6 board]; 5x ATK & reduces damage when Fire, Water, Wood & Light attack at once

Water Tachibana provides the 7x6 board. The 3 cards of Kali stop the poison. They have only water, wood, and light attacks. I need fire to activate Tachibana, and I want dark with some helpers, so I put dark/fire R Okuninushi as the last sub. I pick a helper who gets a high ATK multiplier from many combos or attributes. I tend to pair Tachibana with R Kushinadahime, but other helpers might work.

[​IMG]

My highest score so far is 120,802, est 31.1%, with helper Yuna from Final Fantasy. This is the lowest score among all screenshots in this thread. It puts me in the 27% to 37% bracket, too low for a medal. I might or might not pass 27% and get a medal.

My 6x5 leader was Valkyrie Reine (3x ATK for Healer & God Types; 2x ATK when erasing 4+ linked Water Orbs), who is my usual leader in ranking dungeons and most other dungeons. Reine and helper Healer Ryune got est 33.4% in the first GungHo tournament, but Reine was stuck below 50% in this second tournament. My switch from 6x5 Reine to 7x6 Tachibana moved me above 37%.

Tachibana is not the best leader to use. Her damage reduction is useless; a leader with a higher ATK multiplier would earn more points on Max Damage. Tachibana is my advantage over some other players; I believe that most players have no 7x6 leader. My luck in pulling Water Tachibana from the PAD Island Egg Machine, and my ability to stop poison with 3 of Kali, gives a score above some other players.

Flandre and Vaedriel like this.
  8. ko300zx

User ID:
    Glad you did better. Attacks being too weak isn't always a reflection of board size. Normally the leader skills being too weak are the issue. 7x6 will generally grant you more combos depending on your ability, which can in turn give you more damage, but if you aren't killing things, it's probably less to do with board size and more to do with the leader skill.

The strategy for a high 7x6 score is to leave the poisons and hope for heart skyfalls. Resisting the poisons generally doesn't leave you with enough orbs to kill floor 1 either, so it's a gamble either way. Poisons grant more combos using an optimal board for a better floor 1 score. If your combo ability is pretty good, generally it only takes one run of getting heal skyfalls to finish a decent run, however many don't have the patience for that. That's why I suggested 5x6. There are plenty of leads where you can swipe the full green board and kill floor 1. After that it's just matching the board. If you can full clear each board, it's a decent score and you never have to worry about the poisons ruining your day.

Tachibana paired with Yuna is an 80x attack pairing. Reine and Ryune is only 42x. This is why you were struggling with killing things more than with the 7x6 pairing. The multiplier was about half. Additionally, you need to make rows with Reine/Ryune which is something you want to avoid in ranking dungeons. Combo count and time remaining are what add to your score. Rows take away from combo count and eat up time (I say that as they add a bonus in JP for making rows this week :banghead:).

If you ever want to post your box for ranking dungeons or otherwise, we can help you pick out the best team for the situation. Good job moving on up. If you can get your combo count up a bit you can get to the medal bracket for sure.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Tux and sgt502 like this.
  9. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

I'll see if I can record a run some time

Most runs end badly though cause I can't reliably pull off the cascade setup on F1 with only 4 seconds lol

Tux and Fridgeboy like this.
  10. ko300zx

User ID:
    Noticed all the 160+ runs I saw, they go for the 8c, low skyfall chance board. Much faster if you're willing to dump the stones into waiting for the hearts lol.

Tux likes this.
  11. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I randomly just did another run with Roots/Uranus/RevoKarin/Zela/Romia w/FL Roots

Scored 121K and sitting at 30.7% now. :wideyed: I think i'm done with this one. :D

Tux likes this.
  12. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

User ID:
    NA 339,899,271
    PADherder:
    link
    The "only 42x" of Reine and Ryune is near the high end for me. I rarely pick the newer leaders with the higher ATK multipliers; I have failed to change my teams as GungHo added the newer cards. In monthly dungeons, I might clear Lv7 but not Lv8. In special dungeons, I might clear Mythical but not Legend Plus.

The tournament has 6 battles, but I take 8 turns. I use 7 turns to charge Kali, because Delfador Gandalf Durandalf makes a bad board (of mostly light, heal, jammers). I use Kali's skill on the 8th turn to fix to fix the board so Tachibana can attack. 1 of my 2 extra turns happens in battle 1 when I erase the wood orbs without slaying my opponents.

A player can get an advantage, who can slay battle 1 with the 6x5 board full of wood orbs. I have not tried this. My old wood leader is Trance Zidane of Final Fantasy (1.5x to all stats for Attacker Type; ATK increases when erasing 4+ linked Wood Orbs, up to 3x). Zidane needs at least 6 linked wood orbs to reach 4.5x ATK, but is still weaker than Valkyrie Reine. I would fail to link 6 wood orbs in later battles, because I have no orb changes after the skill delay.

This game now has so many leaders, most of whom are unknown to me. I don't know who would slay battle 1 with 6x5 wood orbs, and then clear the tournament quickly; but I would like to hear results of such teams.

13. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been running King Brachy / Droid Dragon / Revo Bastet / Cronus x Diablos and I just can't seem to break in to the 27th percentile.

I just swipe on the first floor after I resist the poison orbs, but I've yet to get the 8 skyfall combos I need to clear the first floor without a second turn.

I have good runs, bad runs, terrible runs, and better runs, but my combo skills just aren't up to par to earn that rainbow medal.

I'm sitting at 28.7% on my alt and 30.8% on my alt, so I'm close, but not quite there.

I have no objection to switching to another strategy or lead (I've considered dual Rikuu; I may try that next), so I'll keep trying.

Tux likes this.
  14. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Made it to 15.0% on my main and 22.6% on my alt with my King Brachy team.

Feels good, man.

Spent 1 stone for a stamina refresh on my alt and none on my main.

On both of my best runs, I managed to clear F1 on the first turn thanks to a 1-2 quick non-green matches and skyfall generosity.

Tux and iddybat like this.