Go nads, go!

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by nads, Jul 26, 2013.

1. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    Hey folks! I am writing this partly to introduce myself to you all and partly to use this as a journal of sorts (underlying assumption is that I will update this :-/) My in-game name is nads@PG/PF (I have limited friend space at the moment, but I will post my ID later on)

Anyways, I figure today is as good a day as any to start- the day after 2 Heroes. I need/want a Siegfried, but I knew that I had little chance of surviving the 4th and 5th stages. I have the "right" monsters (aka-the monsters I would use to run that dungeon), they just are not high enough of a level. In the past few days, I evolved Neptune into Sea Deity Neptune, on the way to Abyss Neptune. Anyways, instead of wasting 50 stamina and dying in the 2 Heroes dungeon, I went ahead and finished evolving Siren into StE (next step? max skilling her). You would be amazed at how "difficult" it can be to farm for the little 'lits when you need them. :s

07/26
    I ran the Friday dungeon (expert) twice. My first attempt ended badly. Being barely awake, it isn't a great idea to take a low hp lineup and run into synced dubs.

line-up: AmaO/SDNeptune/EtRE/VampLord/StE/GrOdin

My second attempt was more... fun. I do not know why I end up with turtle comps. Anyways, I dumped AmaO in favor of RK. I figure if I can take more than one hit, I should be okay.

Instead of a bunch of little 'lits greeting me, a wild dub-mythlit appeared! I surprisingly took him down with little effort (I have little faith in my orb drop luck as well as my orb shifting ability- I blame Candy Crush Saga for that), only to be greeted by synced dubs (blue and green, I think). I was thinking to myself "Crap, I guess I'm using a stone."

That did not happen as my troll sub was a toy! Not just any toy, but a green toy! I forget they have their uses and never considered that they would reap immediate benefits for me! I happily took one out quickly as I charged up my skills for stage 5. I was hoping to get two dubmyths, but I only ended up with one. Sometimes, that's all you need...

line-up: RK/SDNeptune/EtRE/VampLord/StE/Fortoytops

...and with that, I ulti evol'd into Abyss Neptune!

tl;dr
    07/25 events:
    Siren -> StE

07/26 (AM) events:
    got Dub-mythlit
    SDN -> Abyss Neptune

Edit: the monsters I have (not counting any keepers or dubs I have): http://www.padherder.com/user/nads/#tttttttttt

2. LightFangX

LightFangX ♡ Choco Parvati ♡

User ID:
    329,242,285 (Light@PF), 368,973,395 (Light2)
    RE: my PaD experience

Wow! If you plan on keeping this as a journal, there's gonna be too much space xD Still, I feel your pain with the Friday Dungeon, but I managed to get an ulti toy for the Weekend Dungeon :D It's a real good feeling indeed. Now, I just need some rainbow keepers for Underlord Inferno Hades > : D

3. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    dat metal dragon

I was not able to play as much as I would have liked- being stuck in traffic and falling asleep is no bueno.

Anyways, I took some time away from studying to play. I saw the metal dungeon was up, so I said "why not?" and dove in. The first run through was a bit lackluster (lots of metal dragons, nothing else popped). I put it aside and worked a bit more. A short while later, I started up again and ran through it three consecutive times. Gungtroll... what am I going to do with you? My haul:

x3 King Metal Dragon
    x2 High Metal Dragon
    [a buttload] Metal Dragon

I also took the time to finally feed my green pengdras and Emerald King to my Dragon Knight. I have no solid direction I want with any of my green monsters, but I figure at the very least, I should get myself an ADK just to say that I have ADK. :p

(I am still debating on what I am going to do with Fafnir. From my research, Fafnir is not exactly considered great, even if ulti evo'd. If I do end up getting Karin (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=748), then I may ulti evo Faf into either dark or blue- but learning towards dark. Still, that is a debate for another story.)

line-up: WDH Isis/Abyss Neptune/EtRE/Vampire Lord/Dragon Knight/Isis
    (aka dat x9 combo)

07/26 (PM) results
    Dragon Knight 38 -> 56
    Vampire Lord 52 -> 59
    DDK 45 -> 50

4. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    more about me

Me- I am planning on going non-IAP (although that may change). This is an important distinction because (for those that don't know) it really does affect what I do and the order I go about things.

My monster box- Originally, I was planning on building a mono-blue team and trying to roll through it all. The more I play, the more I realize that no "team comp" will get you through everything. Building what you have and having a variety is more important because you can then change your strategy. For example, if I am going through a dungeon with an Isis/Horus lead, I should be sticking in rainbow goodness that deals "tons of damage" (thanks Phreak!). Neptune's active runs contrary to that concept so he would not be the best choice (assuming I have more meaty options). Some dungeons later on lock certain colors, so bringing in a mono-set will ruin your day.

Anyways, I have a paltry amount of red, a few pieces in green and yellow. I have some decent blue and I might be closer to having a mono-black team than anything. I still need a decent lead (I guess vamp can do in a pinch, but...), though. Having said that, I need to distribute my team building more evenly. It will make for a slower change in power, but it will be best for the long run.

5. nads

nads #rage

User ID:

Thanks! I hope to keep this updated regularly.

(Sorry, I thought I replied and it never went through. Gungtroll'd yet again... ;))

6. LightFangX

User ID:

In fact, did you have any new experiences today, or are you in a bit of a bind?

7. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    hope this helps!

So... if you have read this far into my thread/journal, you might be asking yourself "why is this person writing all of this for?" In the end, I hope to help people see that this game is more about the journey than anything else. I see it everywhere- people asking "can my team beat X?" "hey, I got Y, is this a good roll?"

While I cannot answer if your team can beat whatever dungeon, I can talk a little about rolling with your rolls.

When you first start the game, much of your future game experience can depend on what you get as your beginning roll- there is an excellent thread in the guides section that do recommend what to stick with and when to "reroll." I just looked at my monster chronology and here is the order of the rare egg machine rolls I have gotten:

Isis (ult evo), Cupid, Mystic Dark Knight, Titan, Naga

The list above are rolls I did before I knew about Godfest and whatnot. Below are rolls I have done when I wait for Godfest:

Fairlio, Mystic Stone Knight, Green Golem, Genie, Neptune, Light Golem (x2- back to back rolls which I promptly fed one into a skill-up), Amaterasu Ohkami, Fafnir, Mandrake.

...as you can see, the REM was not exclusively kind to me. Having said that, lots of this can be useable (Except Genie, lol. Well, I have not found a use for Genie yet) and I have used nearly all of them happily to advance in this game (case in point is my naga- even though she is farmable, it is still a good roll in the sense that I got to start feeding her early and evolve her into the EtRE that she is today!). Even if I were to say get "great rolls," one thing that you have to consider is that you still need the sufficient team cost to stuff all of these great monsters into your lineup! I have found that the later in this game I go, it becomes necessary to have a good mix of offense and defense, with the occasional exception to the rule.

I guess one thing to also point out is that these rolls happened over the course of a three month period. I have seen some folks get such incredible pulls (and some subsequently trash it all for a chance at GrOdin) and they make me envious, but I have also seen some really doo-doo-tastic rolls (imagine paying for stones then being greeted by three toy dragons and a rider). In some cases, it is the same person in two different point in time!

What I guess I'm trying to say is this (for those that don't know):

a) roll only during Godfest (no guarantee, but it does tip the odds in your favor... but not by much)
    b) a good number of the monsters in REM are not bad, per se, just not optimal, they are situational. For example, the other day for the Two Heroes dungeon, some toy dragons like the green and black toys were a much more trendy pick than normal because of their dual-resist leader ability. Outside of these instances, people are more apt to be like loltoyz.
    c) Lady Luck is not always a lady :angel:

8. nads

nads #rage

User ID:

No new experiences yet, I ran into a wall doing master skydragon dungeon last night (had a beefy lineup, just was derpy setting up my offense). I may not really be in the best position to do well in master yet, though. I need more experience for my team.

Right now, my priority should be in leveling up my Neptune and StE, but I kept seeing the emerald dungeon and was like "well, I would like to have an ADK sooner than later..." :p

My plan ultimately is to get Neptune and StE to around level 40 or 50 and then focus on either a) getting my Vamp Lord maxed, b) getting DDK maxed, or c) getting DK maxed. No matter what I do, however, I need mats, lol.

9. LightFangX

User ID:

I understand your plight. I did the Weekend Dungeon Master; I managed to reach to the Mars Carbuncles (Wood and Water-so my ulti toytops came in handy :p). Then, just as I was about to beat the Mars Earth Carbuncle, I didn't have enough hp and it ko'd me :/ That was an excruciating blow, but I now know I can finally take master on. Lady luck was on my side this time :D

10. Antares

Antares New Member

Having a mob along that does Defensive Stance (golems, keepers) goes a long way towards getting past the end Carbuncles on the weekend master level if your offense isn't quite up to snuff. I had a Wood Mech Warrior Asgard sitting around from getting one during the last Flower Carnival, and decided to put him on my tricolor team in place of Bastet this weekend. Great decision, he saved my bacon three times.

11. LightFangX

User ID:

Huh, my team is all tricolor dual elements (see my sig) with an Isis friend. I could either get an Isis myself or just level up my guys (low 20s-40s), and yet they blasted through floors 1-9 without a hitch. I do happen to have a flame golem in reserve, although I don't know whether to use him or not. Any advice?

12. nads

nads #rage

User ID:

I think the last time I beat Weekend Master, I just used a friend's GrOdin. Thankfully, the 'buncles were not synced.

Still, I like going double Isis- x9 = lots of fun

13. Antares

Antares New Member

If your flame golem is a comparable level, you might try swapping out the wood samurai ogre for a run and see if the change in offense is noticeable. I suspect it won't be. Yet having that defensive stance in hand for a tough 10th wave is definitely advantageous.

14. LightFangX

User ID:

Huh, the difference in attack is only minor-only 4 points xD Although, I will lose my extra wood offense;now I can only count on my combos, which I do get a lot often :p

15. nads

nads #rage

User ID:

I actually just ran it (tricolor master) while waiting for "The Wolverine" to begin.

[table cellspacing=1 cellpadding=0]

[/table]

Lots of healing and an 80% shield in the event I make a booboo.

(I'm telling you- I overcompensate)

16. nads

nads #rage

User ID:

Did the blue skydragon on Master- got to floor 9 and stopped (no kraken, died to the sirens and didn't feel like continuing).

Line-up:
    [table cellspacing=1 cellpadding=0]

[/table]

It was not too bad- no hearts meant lots of issues early on. I hoped to see kraken, but it never showed. It probably would have been a two, three stone affair. But in the end, no kraken, no thanks.

Lessons learned:

1) Max skilled siren would make life so mich easier, start farming marine goblins.
    2) If monsters were higher level, more carnage would have ensued.
    3) Looking at points 1 and 2, I can conclude that I'm closer than I thought.

I now wonder what could have been if my SoD Luci friend would have been up...

17. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    waiting for Godfest

I am not sure if everyone knows about this site:

http://www.padherder.com/

It is great as a planning tool- you need to register first, though. Once you do and input your monsters, you can see which evo mats you need to collect during the week. I have been keeping it updated so anyone who is curious can also see what I have been doing. (http://www.padherder.com/user/nads/#tttttttttt)

Knowing this, I can decide which dungeons I want to run. For example, I know I need at least one dub-mythlit to ulti evo my Plesios, and I also know that I need one dub-mythlit and one dub-amelit for my Vamp Lord. What this means is that Friday is spirit dungeon time!

Aside from that, I have been waiting for Godfest later today (Archdemons and Norse). I am going to roll (I have enough for one) and hope to get Astaroth (for a devil setup), Loki (same reason), I&I (mono-blue), and Amon (1.5/1.5/1.5 is better than nothing). That is my hope. My reality? Shardra. :p

18. Antares

Antares New Member

Good luck, and may the Fortoytops be with you!

19. nads

nads #rage

User ID:

Ha! I'm actually waiting until tomorrow morning so I can lower my chance of getting Fairlio ;) If wood carnival is up, then my theoretical chance for Astaroth should be higher

20. Antares

Antares New Member

Godfest will be over on 8/1 at 7:59pm pacific. Carnival of Light ends at 11:59 pacific. Looks like you'll need to roll a Fairlio.