Go nads, go!

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by nads, Jul 26, 2013.

1. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    random fact
    In case you ever wanted to know where Duck Sauce's "Barbra Streisand" was sampled from:

...and where that song was sampled from...?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  2. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
  3. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    struggling

Random: I am almost at 2,000 days played. I would have gotten there about a week earlier than I will if not for the fact that Monster Hunter World has been occupying my time and I missed several days plus I have lost hours of sleep

Aside from that, not much else to report. I'm still enjoying using Gr.Sonia (when my friends list has her up, otherwise I use Bl.Sonia with Rein. Karin). I really should learn what's good again... but it seems like so much work >_<

4. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    ...and another one gone

I really need to write my entries out in their entirety and stop relying on saving drafts - they never work out for me.

Anyway, it was probably for the best- I was going to complain about Monster Hunter: World (yes, I'm a PC player) and at a certain point, the tone seemed too whiny and convoluted, so I guess it was for the best that I never got to publish it.

For something PaD-related, I have somehow regressed again. It's either a product of me being older or me just being a purtle (potato + turtle), but I am now landing in the mid-high 90's in ranking dungeons. This has happened the past couple events and even though I have historically not given a crap (as I know my bad score in some way helps people out), I am beginning to become a bit embarrassed by it all.

I'm not sure how to remedy this situation because I'm not exactly willing make all the necessary adjustments. Part of what will help me improve is playing more, but I enjoy playing as casually as I am (and I'm casual af right now). Another thing that would help is me determining what's the top lineups, figuring out what makes them great, invest properly, and practicing. All of that is not possible - my life schedule barely affords me the time to play and I'm into MH:W right now, so when I'm home, I would rather be running away from Pink Rathian hunting monsters.

Hope everyone is still having fun...

5. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    Heh

So... um, yeah. I am surprisingly still active in the game and shocked to find that the forum is still here - I thought it went all to Discord. Anyway, hurray for things still being the way they once were! :D

To get everyone up to speed since my last entry, I have spent the past ~3 years being lazy, logging in (hit 2.7k days the other day, yay!), doing a random dungeon to get a stone, and closing the app. On and on and on, the cycle repeated itself. It has been a semi-empty existence, but I was still "playing." I roll gacha once in a while, kvetch when I didn't get what I wanted, then close the app. I had been busy doing other things, such as finding new ways to spend money (I have gotten into building keyboards).

I like to tell myself that I had moved on from the game, but that wasn't true. I just lost interest. In addition to finding other gacha games to sink my mon- er, time in, I finally got frustrated enough that I practically stopped playing. I incredibly disliked the fact that I am penalized for playing on NA and not starting out in Japan. I hate feeling like I get the leftovers, time and time again. Sometimes, those leftovers were ripe. I mean, le pew! At a certain point, if things do not change and you keep shaking your fist to the sky, aren't you the fool? I felt that I was, so I opted to become a filthier casual than I already was.

But isn't that a contradiction? I mean, I was committed enough to log in each day and yet was uninterested in doing anything new. I have no clue what are good units, although I could look at sites like Mantastic's or gamewith.jp and figure it out, but that seemed like a lot of reading and research that I was not willing to do. I asked myself why I bothered to keep logging in to a game I no longer had a strong interest in. I guess deep down within the cackles of my cold, dead heart, I was holding onto something, hope. I had no reason to hope, did I?

• Did we get Disney collab? No
    • Did we get Marvel collab? No
    • Did we get MHA collab? No
    • Did we get HxH, or Dragon Ball collab? (I know these are old, but I'm old too!)
    • Will we get Demon Slayer collab? Based on the above, why should I expect that?

...and then, it happened. Demon Slayer collab was announced.

Granted, it has been months since it was released in JP. Maybe it's me being older, maybe it's my expectations being lowered, or maybe it's because I really enjoyed watching Demon Slayer, but I felt something I haven't felt in years regarding this game...

Hyped.

Yep, I was legit excited. Part of me was bitter, complaining that we again are getting "old" material but we can be "happy" because it is "new." (For the record, I will still die on the hill that if you have multiple regions, you try to get everyone on the same damn boat because no one wants to feel like they are being excluded. It is needless and after +nine years, PaD should have figured it out by now.) But the other part of me? It decided that it doesn't matter. We got it.

Anyway, what got me so excited about rolling and possibly causing me to break open the ol' wallet for a months-old collab? Well, there were two reasons:
    • Inosuke
    • Nezuko
    Okay, three (Shinobu). So I went in, hard. Free roll got me Haganezuka (boooooooooooooo). The next roll was not much better- Urokodaki. A couple of rolls later, I got Tanjiro! That was pretty good and I did not expect such good fortune! Not long after that, Inosuke (first one off the list). A couple of poor rolls later, Shinobu! I was sitting pretty and in simpler times, I would have claimed myself to be satisfied and stopped. However, seeing as the gacha-hol has whet my appetite, I decided - I'm going after Nezuko.

Cue the intro!

After Shinobu, I got a dupe Tanjiro. New ones after that were Enmu and Yushiro. And then... Tsuyuri (which means I don't need to spend $20 for the orb skin). After that, Sabito (I pulled several Sabito but sold all but one and found out later that I could have built a Sabito system. Oh well, that would have taken more work than I probably would have spent, at least, that is what I'm telling myself). Tamayo came next, and after a whole slew of dupes, I finally got... Tomioka. :banghead:

My butthole started clenching a little because I started at around 200-something stones and was now down in the double-digits (under ten pulls remaining) at this point. I cleared some content and got a few more stones and then went in hard again. Nothing was coming up. I decided to play the story mode and cleared the Sonia chapter (yes, I am grotesquely filthy) and got a nice surprise, lots more stones!

I pulled again and got my second Inosuke - which means I can either keep one as a sub and evo the other to make an assist or make two assists. As of now, I am keeping one in base form and turned the other into an equip. But this is burying the lede, for I did it! I got Nezuko!

At this point, I am missing Rengoku, Muzan, and Zenitsu. I am waiting for the *8 pull to see what I get before deciding if I want to trade for Rengoku (if I get dupe Tanjiro or Muzan) or Muzan (if I get Rengoku).

So yeah, years of relative inactivity undone by Demon Slayer.

Alexa, play something appropriate

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    YamaKyu likes this.
  6. nads

nads #rage

User ID:

It's not a one-shot, folks... well, if anyone were still here, yeah... not a one-shot! I'm writing again!

Anyway, I wasn't just active for the excuse to make an entry. I have been playing a considerable amount lately. What did I beat... -checks notes-

Huh, nothing of note.

Eh, I will say that I finally cleared a challenge dungeon in who knows how long. Granted, it's 5 floors. Still, baby steps.

Love
    • My darling Inosuke hit 10k hp(!) It makes me think back to the days when I first started playing and being amazed the first my entire team totaled a 5-digit hp value. Now I'm doing that with one unit.
    • *8 pull got me Muzan, I then traded extra monsters to get Rengoku, so now I'm just missing two.
    • I got off of my boomer-butt and actually took the time to create assists for my burgeoning Tanjiro team
      • Tanjiro - Tanjiro Earring
      • Nezuko - Misato Keychain (I don't think this was ideal, but eh)
      • Sosuke + Laevatein - Inosuke's "hat"
      • Inosuke - Shinobu's Haori
      • R. Tachibana Ginchiyo - Bonta-kun (this did not work out like I thought it would)
    Hate
    • Desire to start throwing money again is growing, but I must remain calm. After all, I'm juggling... six gacha games(?!?) I am not a fan of myself at the moment. How did it come to this...?

Searching
    • Trying to think of what a good assist for Kanao
    • Still trying to pull for Zenitsu and Akaza - one to turn into an equip and one to just sit there
    • Also trying for Seina - just because she's available right now

7. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    Searching for an update?

Did I get Zenitsu?

Did I get Akaza?

Did I get Seina?

(Get it? I did indeed get Seina and used this as an opportunity to get in a Jojo reference. Lawdy, I need help... >_>)

Oh, I also completed the Odin story! It was better paced (in my opinion) than the Sonya one. I thought I was going to get more stones, so I was a little disappointed, but also happy that I got so many Tama.

8. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    don't be a degenerate like me (gacha game related)

The other day, I mentioned I was playing like six gacha games. I decided to list them out and provide my feedback on them. It turns out things are worse than I thought as I am playing eight gacha games. Thankfully, I am not whaling in each of them, so my wallet is not upset at me for this.

Current setlist
    • PaD
      • Enjoying life in the game. Still not 100% sure what I'm doing but I think I'm doing okay.
    • Granblue Fantasy (currently on casual mode)
      • I would like to point out that this game, despite being a bit grindy (although it is not nearly as bad as before), can be great fun. I'm a little burnt out at the moment. Also, the Granblue fighting game is quite fun.
      • Note: The game is only available in Japanese (but it does have an English text option). If you want to play it on your phone, you will need to use QooApp. If you want to play on your PC, I think you will need AndApp.
    • Princess Connect: Re: Dive
      • Impression: I like it. I mean, I don't hate it yet. Even though I had to end up hitting pity for a character I wanted. Aside from that, I also lucked into a pretty good guild so things are going well so far.
    • Sword Master Story
      • Impression: They currently have a collab with KonoSuba, which prompted me to play the game. I actually thought it was a new KonoSuba game. Anyway, I did pull Aqua, Megumin, and Darkness. If I spend money on costumes, I can have Wiz and Kazuma. Not sure if that is worth it... but anyway, this game throws lots of ways to spend money. I'm not entirely sure I oppose this...
    • Blue Archive
      • Impression: This one has been a bit hard for me to enjoy - I like reading and this game has lots to read and I feel like a damn illiterate (it's all in Japanese and not simple Japanese either, it feels like "you better know how to read a newspaper" level of Japanese). So yeah, I don't like this game because it's hard for me to follow and it makes me feel dumb. But if you like chibi girls running around with guns and rockets and frickin' lasers, you may enjoy it.
    • One Punch Man
      • Note: There are two versions of this game - I am playing the one that is only available in SEA.
      • Impression: I think I hate it. The rates are horrible (for reference, I would rate it between Genshin Impact and Summoner's War in terms of horrible drop rate) and I'm pretty sure this game is a cash grab. Of course, I have thrown a little money at it in the hopes I would enjoy it. So far, not really. It is sad to say, though because I did end up getting some interesting pieces (Tatsumaki, Zombie Man).
    • Touhou: Lost Word
      • Impression: This game was not what I thought it would be, for better or worse. I thought it would be some kind of bullet hell with a gacha option. It isn't - it is turn-based and that was disappointing. The explanations aren't plentiful (e.g. there are two offensive and defensive stats - yin/yang and there is no explanation as to what either represents; I had to look around and found out that some characters have both yin and yang in their attacks. I still have no idea what the difference is) but it has been fun for me to try and better understand why Touhou has such a following. I think I'm getting it, maybe.
    • Epic Seven
      • Impression: Have you played Summoner's War? It's practically the same thing, but better graphics and better drop rates. I enjoy it - the developers listen to the community, which can be both good and bad. Anyway, I do enjoy this game and have been playing it consistently for a bit despite having absolute horrible gacha luck at the beginning. For me, it typically would spell my lost interest in the game (I like having a balance of having new things to build and use and having time to build the units that interest me). Having said that, I have had better luck overall in this game compared to others and am happy that I didn't rage quit.
    I need help.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  9. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    retro gacha gaming

This may date me, but I got hit with the frozen fishstick of nostalgia when I played the Street Fighter 2 dungeon. I wasn't expecting anything and popped when I saw the versus screen and heard this for the first time in many years...

This was a nice surprise. :)

10. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    Current Mood

(it's funkier than it has any right to be)

I think I'm going to try and do something I have never done before - complete the monthly challenge dungeons. Even before I was lazy, I would do everything up to like stage 7 or 8 and then just stop. No reason for it, that was just how I am... lazy A.F.

Anyway, so far I have completed almost all of the intermediate dungeons and all of the beginner ones. I have yet to start the advanced ones. Again, laziness envelops me. :(

11. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    I had an epiphany. I'm 38% sure this is an original epiphany that I didn't think of in the past.

This game makes me feel like I'm in an anime.

This occurred to me as I was wrapping up the intermediate challenge dungeons. Some of the dungeons in this list were odysseys for me when I first started this blog - dungeons like Hera-Ur as an example. I remember proudly posting my Devil-tank lineup that I used as a crutch - my HP was boosted to (at the time) pretty high levels that would allow me to slowly chip away floors and use actives at specific times just to slow-play my way to "success." Ultimately, I had to stop using those types of teams as they no longer worked. It sucked at the time, but it was important for my growth.

Getting back to Hera-Ur, I don't remember any of the dungeon's mechanics and I just walk in, raze the land, then walk out. It was at that moment where I thought to myself "huh, I remember this dungeon was quite a challenge for me!" It's like I went through a training arc, came back to an old rival, and smite the sinner with my backhand of justice.

I still haven't started on the advanced set yet, but I'm hoping that my "new found" power will continue to keep me pushing forward