Grandpa Ryu learns spike leads

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Ryuzaito, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Ryuzaito

Ryuzaito Demon General

User ID:
    Once upon a time there was a boy who was bored out of his mind with high school.
    While browsing the App Store one day, he discovered a game called Puzzle & Dragons. He downloaded this young but promising game, hoping to relieve his boredom in a lighthearted, stress-free way. Little did he know this relief would turn into an obsession, and force him to part ways with the game for his own good...

Fast forward to today, over two years after downloading, and Ryuzaito is back in business... somewhat.
    By giving his account to a friend for several months in order to focus on school and extracurricular activities, he was able to get accepted into college and reach the end of his club presidency. However, during this hiatus the game had evolved into something completely different, and Ryu found himself lost in a world of new monsters, skills, and dungeons. After collecting some new units and getting a grasp on what the game had become, Ryu decided he had to get with the times.

"I may be old, but that's not going to stop me from showing these monsters who's boss!"

--

Why, hello there! Thanks for stopping by. Welcome to my blog! Here you'll be able to watch me attempt to re-learn how to play Puzzle & Dragons, which I imagine is probably going to go about as smoothly as an 80-year-old learning how to use an iPhone. Fear not, though! I like to think of myself as a cool 80-year-old, one who's not afraid to embrace change. So come along, kids! Join me on my journey to break away from the ways of old and enter the new and strange world of... spike leads.

Contents
    1. Bio, FAQ, and To-Do List (below)
    2. Team Updates
    3. Box and Dungeon Updates
    4. Miscellaneous

Bio
    I downloaded PAD on Jan 17, 2013. I started with a Mermaid and no prior knowledge of how to play. Everything (even the interface!) was different back then. Screenshot attached. My first god came about a month later, in a special carnival. Screenshot also attached. I continued playing and rolling, playing and rolling, until I hit a wall and couldn't easily access free stones anymore. I IAP'd a few times (I think I'm around $50 in at this point) and really set off with my Balance team. I couldn't tackle many descends but it was what it was and the best I could do was try my luck at Anubis-ing them to death.

Around comes February 2014 and my break from PAD. You know how sometimes you try to drink the last little bit of water from your cup then you get hit in the face with a ton of ice? That's basically what happened to my life in February. Senior year coming up AND running a club AND applying for college left very little time for hunting monsters! So I gave my account to a friend for safekeeping until I could come back. This friend did a very poor job and went inactive for several months which is *exactly* the opposite of what I wanted him to do, but it's whatever I guess.

I took back the account in October and have spent the last few months getting readjusted to the game. I'm currently sitting at 690 logins as of this post (which could be 773 but who's counting, right?) and have a vague idea of what I should be doing. That brings us here, where I'll be keeping track of what I have to do. Hopefully I can get some help and meet new friends along the way! ^_^

FAQ
    Q: Why are you coming back now, Ryu?
    A: I got into Cal Poly SLO and the Key Club year ends in two weeks. Free time!

Q: Who did you run before you left?
    A: Mainly Cu Chulainn. Everything was so simple back then...

Q: What do you remember from before leaving?
    A: The best we had back when I started was the 6.25x ADK team, then 2/4/2 teams, then Egyptians, then Chinese & JP 2.0, then 3K & Ronia. Funny how this is also basically the order in which they were released, huh? ;)

Q: Are you upset that the game has changed so much?
    A: I'm lightly salted because I spent all my "free" stones trying to get Roman, Norse, and Indian gods when they were good, but saying we should go back to those times is like saying we should go back to not vaccinating our kids. But that's none of my business.

Q: If that's none of your business, what is?
    A: *looks around at literally this entire thread*

Q: ¿Hablas español?
    A: Sólo un poquito.

Q: What color is the dress?
    A: It's a light shade of be quiet with a hint of get away from me.

Q: What is Key Club?
    A: Key Club is the world's largest high school service organization. It is a branch of the K-family which is led by Kiwanis International.

To-Do List
    Finish up this thread's first few posts
    Change team stats from Code to Monster tag
    Update signature
    Figure out who to main
    Figure out Horus team
    Make F/L Horus
    Confirm best possible Andromeda team
    Confirm best possible GZL team
    Confirm best possible Tomato team
    Catch any unnoticed high-potential teams
    Fill out friends list
    Max level Andromeda
    Max level GZL
    Max level Tomato
    Max awaken Andro team
    Max awaken GZL team
    Max awaken Tomato team
    Evolve/level Noel Rouge
    Evolve/level Noel Blanc

2. Ryuzaito

Ryuzaito Demon General

User ID:
    Teams!
    I've decided that, with what I currently have, the best I can do right now is form an Andromeda team and a GZL team. I have a Yamato Takeru (here on out called Tomato) team ready to go for when he gets his ultimate as well. For farming I have good ol' Cu Chu. Some things never change <3
    ---------------------
    Andromeda
    [​IMG]
    I think this team has a lot of potential. It also gets bonus full-waifu points! It needs a lot of work with evolutions, levels, skillups, pluses, and awakenings (OTL) but if having a top-tier team was easy this game wouldn't be making money, now would it? If I had a Blue Odin or Sun Quan I would plop it right into Blonia's spot but you make do with what you got, amirite? Given Andro's all-in style I won't use her until the team's max awoken/skill 3+/level 70.

Stats
    Code:
    Andromeda
    Max evolved?: Yes
    Level: 72/99
    Awakenings: 5/7
    Skill: 1/6
    Pluses: 4/3/4

Blue Sonia
    Level: 41/99
    Awakenings: 0/6
    Pluses: 1/1/0

I&I
    Level: 88/99
    Awakenings: 4/4
    Skill: 1/9
    Pluses: 0/1/1

Hatsume
    Level: 35/99
    Awakenings: 0/3
    Skill: 1/5
    Pluses: 0/0/0

Sharon
    Max evolved?: No
    Level: 27/50
    Awakenings: 0/3
    Pluses:1/0/0
    ---------------------
    GZL
    [​IMG]
    This team... is weird. To be honest I don't really know which units would be best for this team because I have like almost every wood sub known to man in my box, but this is the best I could come up with. I've actually tried using this team a couple times with CuChu replacing Marine Rider and it actually went pretty well! I'm still not comfortable calling myself a GZL user until I have everything max awoken/lvl 50/skill 3+ though. Okay yeah GZL is the bomb dot com I'm gonna use him a lot. Still wanna get Marine Rider evolved to replace CuChu though. Side thought: I'd really love a Liu Bei to replace Genbu.

Stats
    Code:
    GZL
    Level: 60/99
    Awakenings: 5/5
    Pluses: 2/6/1

Susano
    Level: 74/99
    Awakenings: 3/5
    Skill: 2/6
    Pluses: 0/1/0

Sasuke
    Level: 38/99
    Awakenings: 3/3
    Skill: 2/5

Genbu
    Level: 97/99
    Awakenings: 7/7
    Pluses: 8/8/6

Marine Rider
    Max evolved?: No
    Level: 30/50
    Awakenings: 0/6

Cu Chulainn (temp)
    Level: 99/99
    Awakenings: 3/3
    Skill: 6/7
    Pluses: 2/47/0
    If you have any advice on what I can do with these teams please feel free to let me know! If you'd like to add me for either one also feel free, but they probably won't see much use for several months unless you ask me!

3. Ryuzaito

Ryuzaito Demon General

User ID:
    Monster Box
    Here we see what all my playtime has gotten me. As you can see, I'm not exactly a hardcore player. It's even less impressive when you consider how old this account really is. Still though, I've managed to clear a fair amount of legend weekly dungeons and descends using various ragtag teams that were virtually unheard of. It's been pretty fun trying to come up with my own special little teams to work around different dungeons, but the time has come to work on my two core teams. :sleepy:

[img=300x534]http://i.imgur.com/IwYnykO.png[/img][img=300x534]http://i.imgur.com/kEU54HS.png[/img][img=300x534]http://i.imgur.com/YC8nQeN.png[/img][img=300x534]http://i.imgur.com/x4hUbmA.png[/img][img=300x534]http://i.imgur.com/c4e6Hta.png[/img][img=300x534]http://i.imgur.com/tHtIxKJ.png[/img]

Unfavorited units include not-favorite-worthy trophies, unevolved skillup mobs, and evo mats evo mats evo mats.
    --------------------
    Dungeons
    Ah yes, dungeons. Who wouldn't love ransacking the homes of monsters to harvest their unborn?

Normal First Clears + Leaders
    T1-3: Siren
    T4: Saint Minerva and Siren, probably
    T5: I&I?
    T6: Cu Chu & Odin
    Starlight: Odin & Ama, depending on friends
    Seaway: Anubis

Technical First Clears + Leaders
    All the way up to Forbidden Tower: I don't even know lmao
    Windy Woods - Ceres?
    Ice Water - I&I
    Blazing Fire - Freyr [note: back then Minerva was bugged and she barely had any HP but I still probably could've taken her]
    Mystic Stone Cave - Cu Chu, Horus, GZL

Descend First Clears + Leaders (not chronological!)
    Hera: Chaos Devil Dragon
    Heroes: Fortoytops
    Zeus: Anubis
    Valkyrie (legend): Saint Minerva
    Goemon (legend): I&I
    Hera-Is (legend): I don't even remember but it was some sort of resist
    Hera-Is (mythical): GZL
    Satan: Anubis
    Hera-Ur (legend): Dark Minerva
    Athena: Anubis
    Takeminakata (both): Anubis
    Izanami (legend): Anubis
    Heracles (legend): Anubis
    Hera-Sowilo (legend): Anubis
    Thoth & Sopdet (legend): Anubis
    Cauchemar (legend): guess what it's Anubis
    Draggie (master): Kuromi (remember Hello Kitty collab?! me neither)
    Dragon Zombie (Master): ADK, probably
    Wadatsumi (legend): GZL
    Noah (legend): Horus
    Kanetsugu (legend): Horus

Other clears + Leaders
    Wednesday Dungeon: Odin or Ama, probably Ama
    Thursday: Tomato (with a Bastet friend, wut)
    Friday: Zeus
    Endless: Odin or Ama, probably Odin

4. Ryuzaito

Ryuzaito Demon General

User ID:
    Long-Term & Secondary Goals
    Hypermax Andromeda Team
    - feat. Sun Quan or Blue Odin
    Hypermax(?) GZL Team -- not sure about RCV
    - feat. Liu Bei
    Hypermax Cu Chu team
    Clear Zaerog -- not necessarily with Andro/GZL
    Clear Fagan -- not necessarily with Andro/GZL
    Clear remaining Descends -- not necessarily with Andro/GZL
    Obtain Apollo
    Obtain Okuninushi
    Make Attackerasu
    Awaken Roman gods

5. HeartlessIndigo

HeartlessIndigo Inactive Member

PADherder:
    link
    that old layout nostalgia .-.

If you want me to delete this post so you can have a full front page, just ask :c

6. Ryuzaito

Ryuzaito Demon General

User ID:
    Whoops, just noticed that sexy lvl 50 Noel Bleu sitting there. There's gonna be an update where they bump to 3m exp right? I'll probably use it on Hatsume or Sharon, but if it's gonna take several months then... a lvl 9x Andromeda right now wouldn't be too shabby...

Also got a Noel Rouge & Noel Blanc waiting to be evolved. Putting them on To-Do list.

7. Ryuzaito

Ryuzaito Demon General

User ID:
    GZL IS SO GOOD OH MY STARS. CLEAR ALL THE DUNGEONS. Knocked out the last mystic dragon in techs using him as lead and sped up Wednesday runs by nearly half an hour using him as sub. Favorite unit <3

Speaking of Wednesday I evolved Loki to his Balanced evo but idk what I'm gonna do with him, ahaha. At least he looks nice~♪

Super sapphires are in ~45 mins so I hope I can get some progress on Sharon & Hatsume. I beat Challenge Hera-Is with my balance team so the Tama gave a nice little boost to Andromeda. Overall progress is looking pretty decent at the moment. Super excited! ^_^

also I got a skillup on Susano ty bowl dragon