grape's blog (semi retired)

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by graps, Sep 14, 2016.

1. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    Enter a3 with ASQ/Hermes, get red cap + furi, miss my red match, die fl 1

Another Zeus dragon killed but not dropped with BMyr

starting to hate this dungeon
    feelsbad

skillz
    Orochi delay fl 9 so we can stall it out

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  2. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    ok quick thoughts on the stream
    Kanna/whatev-who cares give me ult Ryune already. awoken archangels too pls. uuvo e2 would be nice as well. :/

Lakshmi
    omg >_< my waifu
    2 skill boosts now?
    100x?
    but the arts look like crappy photoshops :(
    and attacker type? what about more hp.. especially with the new 4x rcv...

arena 2x exp, awesome, that goes up to 200k-300k exp for 50 stam, that is actually amazing, 3 runs will rank me up. you can probably chain rankup for a veryy long time. that is almost experience of a lifetime tier exp rate
    for reference I believe uuvo ganesha is 130k..?? exp for 25 stam or so? of course that is much more mindless but arena also gives piis. watch as someone beats arena with ganesha lol

New mp dragons ults
    I called it. already predicted they are getting ults that need radar drags hahahhahah

New goal: 300k mp for nepdra :D

Bad news: we need to wait fricking forever for mech Wadatsumi or whatev to actually come out. Then we wait another 2 or 3 months for it to actually come to NA.

A3 record
    Hephdra
    1 time
    1 pass, 0 death, 0 drop
    Hit as hard as you can. Save both Mirus and hopefully one active for Kali. Probably 2nd hardest

Noahdra
    6 times
    5 pass, 1 death, 2 drops
    Stall for all skills, it is easy. Row + tpa to damage as much as possible. Burst again through 75 shield. Urd Andro asq for final burst. Easiest dragon.

Gaiadra
    1 time
    0 pass, 1 death, 0 drops
    Burst as hard as possible >_> Urd Andro last turn. Hardest dragon, haven't tested my strat yet, failed really hard the first time. Probably need to asq while shield is still up. Would really love gemstone or charite.

Zeusdra
    5 times
    5 pass (2 solo), 0 death, 0 drop :(
    Tie with Noah as easiest. Knock below 90 1st turn. Stall until he turns red and board is decent. Knock below 50 with a row. Stall out combo shield. Urd Andro to finish, try to control damage if he's red.

Heradra
    4 times
    4 pass, 0 death, 0 drop
    Pretty simple, you have like 10 turns lol. Cheaply cross and eat her 100k+ hits. 1 row is safe. You can also pop board changes and make big non row tpa blobs. Tpa + 3 is safe. ASQ and making a lot of 3 matches also does decent damage.

General strategy: You want each team to have a 2/3 board, likely Urd Andro. A 2x burst like ASQ that lasts 2 turns is best. Orochi inherit somewhere is good. All of fl 21 is delayable. you want to get all skills up. If you get beelzebub he's a pain but basically the partner taking the jammer hit needs to hoard hearts and clear blue while the other parther crosses on the 44k hit while avoiding water orbs. You will need to accept that it is very likely gg if you get gaia or heph after beelz though, unless you got Vishnu. A navi somewhere is good as you can get rid of osiris and hera ur's uneeded skyfalls. Also might be a good idea to cancel kappa skyfall while you stall on noah or zeus dragon as they have absorbs and unwanted skyfall can screw you over.

3. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Love your thoughts on a3! We should coop sometime if you're up for it! :D

4. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    Yolo godfest and: satsuki
    No use for now, whatever
    Looking at Kanna's d/l ult, I can have hope...?? A light one would be great for my lmyr team although it seems very unlikely as her active makes dark orbs and bride Satsuki seems to already cover that role...

Farmed some surtr today
    Team was acc/scarlet/antares/bgoemon/tsubaki with randoms or skuld/acubens/navi/nut/ryune with @Tarrusin
    [​IMG]
    Almost...
    Still need a few fire jewels to finish off Scarlet and regular goemon. I hope my acc can button push rogues soon, I'm going to have to save up 300k mp!
    Also ms'd Ariel along the way, pretty happy about that. Just need to find a day to farm Ellia and my Lmyr team is almost ready
    [​IMG]

Note to self: don't offer to carry someone who cannot chat on their computer at the same time
    They kept on doing dumb stuff but I'm going to hold back on the ranting
    Basically. they could have popped an active here to avoid being killed by the hour hand strike, then I could have finished her off. I even specifically told them to heal to full every turn on the final boss. but nope
    Haven't done carries in a while but it's a nice thing to do now and then. As long as your partner can communicate during the run.
    [​IMG]

From my run with @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa
    Lakshmi barely surviving the hit from.. her husband :p That run ended with 1. me getting skyfalled an unnecessary water combo on Heradra and healing her back to full while we had already gotten her down to 50-60% and 2. us getting her to like 5% and dying in the end. :(
    [​IMG]

And here's my +297 hera clear, was originally going to do it with hermes/sq but I was half asleep and just entered it first thing in the morning. Popped Urd Andro on the boss and got a couple skyfalls, gg. didn't even have to asq
    [​IMG]

...and
    >///< omg
    [​IMG]

thanks for the arena runs :D all 3 XD
    we should totally run again sometime

5. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    I think I got 1.1 in ranking dungeon.

Rip crown. ;--;

Radar dragons aren't dropping, I've had over 20 clears and only a Noah dragon to show for it. Also get the worst rng at the worst of places like an extra skyfall that pushes Gaiadra into 20% . Btw, padx is wrong, Gaiadra doesn't one time 500% grav when you get her <50%

image.jpg
    Got threedia. Made a row and 7 combos, he's at like 25% so okay, let's stall another turn and use Isis to unbind. Perfect time for a blue skyfall apparently, he dies, I enter the next floor with like 40k hp. I know I auto lose to heph dra and I am very likely to lose against Hera and Gaia dra (but the Indra inherit maks them...possible at least) it sucks how I didn't even get to see which one it was just because of a random skyfall. There was literally nothing I could have done about it.

image.jpg

Bonus: me failing lakshmis jammer game. Not cause I forgot to remove jammers the floor before. Just cause I suck apparently

Should I stop running a3 until the stam is halved and rank exp doubled to 8k exp/stam? Probably, but I'm not sure what else I would even do.

I've been starting to enjoy the game less, maybe because of my bad luck or maybe because I've beaten almost everything. Some irl friends have quit recently, and I've been starting to wonder if I should do the same? There are still a lot of things I want to accomplish so it will probably be a while. But it's a possibility that has never occurred to me until now.

6. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That sucks, but congrats on getting that close :)

Nooo, we need our V.Lakshmi clear! You have to do that before you quit :)

7. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    I'll hit my 1 year mark (this January) first, and from there I'll see. I need to focus on my studies, I think, but seeing as I am not too tempted to play these days maybe I can just log in for the daily stone when school gets hectic. Of course we will get our a3 clear :p we were so close last time!

8. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    here's my failures from the past few days
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

rip 600 stam

9. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    image.jpg
    Lots of good stuff today.
    For my rolls.... Scheat! She is not hermes but she is the next best thing, my first blue mass orb generator. Muse will be use for skill transfer and Sylph can be cheap sdr.

Next, I got a 2nd noahdra, neat, I can hyper one as a trophy and the other can go to ult Nepdra. Started to get crazy after that with 3 heradra drops. I kid you not, it was all in a row.
    Thank you @Lexane and @Tarrusin for the runs!
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Very happy overall. Funny how I made more progress in one day than an entire month of banging my head against a3.

Ended off the day with another failed SQ/Hermes a3 attempt on.... Zhou Yu :rolleyes:

10. ronsonson

ronsonson DragRON Master

Nice to see you started a blog! Love your art as usual. Like the blue clears. I got Bmiru as well! I would like to see more usage of Tsubaki pls.

11. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    [​IMG]
    As you all might know from my R&A post earlier, I finally got my a3 clear with sq/hermes. Noahdra/kali screens are also there. Highlights included stalling like 120 turns on Noah Dragon, needing SQ to delay Leviathan just to get Urd up for the 1/6 chance of Lakshmi appearing, then her actually appearing, getting 2 Kappas floor 1 and not wanting to pop Hermes until floor 20 just because I really didn't want to get rid of the 99 turn buff.. ending in me cleanly one-shotting through both Noahdra and Kali thanks to a little bit of skyfall rng with Hermes' skyfall buff.

I also got my Zeus dragon :D
    Fed him 15 piis (lol) and a whole crapton of super kings. He's now max in everything but + now. Also levelled my Scheat to max. Now I need sttd again... I've made up my mind. I'm going to hyper Scheat, Nut, Roots, Zeusdra, in that order
    [​IMG]
    got a 10 combo board when practicing (shh I haven't gotten one til now because I suck hehe)
    [​IMG]

Didn't catch the screen for my actual ana snoglobe challenge but here's something I did for the lols
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah and I finally got this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Self-imposed challenge.
    Beat Arena with all your fave cards on one team, with your OTP as the lead pairing.

Ideally would've been B/D Hermes, sucks that his leader skill isn't usable ....:sorry: Awoken Hermes doesn't have nearly the same matchiness to Ryune (art-wise). In fact his otp is probably more likely sun quan at this point...
    Also would have liked to have I&I or Mori in there but I haven't rolled either and you can only fit 6 cards on a team...
    Was originally going to use my usual sq/hermes team of Gabriel/Isis/Bmyr(urd)/Beast Rider just with sq swapped for ryune. That's not hard enough / fun enough though

I don't play much to begin with these days but I still like her playstyle quite a bit and I will try and use her more. I did use her for this current c4 although I'm not sure how much that counts :rolleyes:

RageSedai likes this.
  12. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    It counts cause you ran with me!!!!

RageSedai and graps like this.
  13. LordAx

LordAx Thunder God

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice a3 clears, after clearing it once myself last night i'm probably not going to do it anymore until i pull a board changer and can coop it.

RageSedai likes this.
  14. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    Nice! That team isn't bad at all. If you ever want to coop it, add me on Discord at graps#2826!

Yeah, unless you want a radar for some reason there's no need to waste time and energy on a3, it's a bit too tiring for me these days :)

I have board changes but no dqxq/wukong/Paimon ;_; if I ever pull one I can coop a3 with you.

-----

Unrelated to pad but for school, first report card today and I got all the marks I wanted/needed :D (90+ for me)! I know it's only the first one and much more is to come, but I am quite happy about this as it is such an improvement over this time last year.

I was somewhat ? concerned that my out of school hobbies (pretty much pad and art) were getting in the way but for now I think I can keep on playing (and drawing) :)

-----

Anyways, I did a few things over the weekend..

image.jpg image.jpg
    Gaiadra finally! Great to have another board change for Roots (if I ever decide to invest in that team) and a use for all those useless Woodpy.

image.jpg

Friend dared me. Hey, I made it pretty far.

15. LordAx

LordAx Thunder God

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think it would be a good idea to stay away from roots :p

16. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    im too used to my teams with 10 million time extend >_< i already know I suck

Tarrusin likes this.
  17. ronsonson

ronsonson DragRON Master

I been chasing for roots since initial release =/. So jelly you got him. Remember to keep your radar dragons for mp dragon uuvos.

18. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    Khepri hyper!
    [​IMG]

Wish I had UY of my own. This will have to do.
    1.3/80 ish/1.3 is bad
    hope Nut gets 1.5 to all stat for her uuvo, and more scaling, something like 3x at 4 combos, +.5x for each additional combo up to 4.5x at 7 combo or something :v
    [​IMG]
    Context: tried bursting Zaerog off a dark absorb. Get Zero Blasted, I'm at like 1 HP.
    Barely passed Kali's damage check but I only had like 1 HP anyways :'D

Also did this thing.
    dont ask.
    [​IMG]

Also tried Ultimate Descended Rush in cmode.
    not a good idea.
    Other bmyr is there for her Carat inherit, I thought that I might have needed it. But Nordis is too hard.
    [​IMG]

Also, I did a thing
    [​IMG]
    :D
    here it is for anyone interested
    and here is an explanation for it (it is honestly very confusing)
    I know :) Can't wait for nep dra

David@PF, ko300zx and Tarrusin like this.
  19. ronsonson

ronsonson DragRON Master

Congrats on your honorable mention! I been playing PAD since the beginning, so it made sense to me.

Yeah, I can't wait for NepDra either. I am planning to invest in either ShivaDra or NepDra, unless OdinDra get's a miracle UUVO and LS.

graps and RageSedai like this.
  20. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    I actually quite like Merlin, you could inherit him to Isis or something, or use him as a sub. I agree on going B/L, the devil killer is sweet (unless you're farming arena, Parv sucks)

Honestly, Norsebound style tank, Blonia, and Nepdra are so outdated. SQ/Hermes are better. I also think they're better than Saras for endgame content but I can see why her ease of use makes her so popular.

Also, lack of Andro is unfortunate but Laks/Gabriel/Skuld/Sumire/Flex is pretty darn solid. With 100x honestly you do not need a burst combo, Sumire is enough for board fixes. Flex can probably go to Isis or 2nd Gabriel (if you have that skilled up)

RageSedai likes this.