Grizztof's waste of time...

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Sparkle, Aug 12, 2017 at 2:21 PM.

1. Sparkle

Sparkle This is how you kill a god.

User ID:
    I'm so sick of doing these blog restarts. My game/blog reboots are a symptom of real life issues I have that I've rarely shared here (forum or DMs).

I keep coming back, so here I am again. Thanks for you check in on my checking back in.

I've taken my current restart really slowly. Typically, my restarts mean I play every waking hour I can until I've run out of easy stones and tri-mosntered normal.

Here I sit at day 10 and I'm just rank 63! I just unlocked tri-monster yesterday and I haven't even gotten through Tomb of the Saint Deep. The slowness of my progress is by no means related to difficulty. Odu is a great early hit in the REM. LS out of the box is strong enough to coast through KotG. No need to evo, uvo, revo to get competitive.

Odu team up until yesterday was 2xBride Sopdet, Shuten-Doji (thank you awakening mob egg machine), and King Baddie.

As much as I've never liked the card on any other account I've had, getting FA Luci in my freeroll of the current 10-stone REM perked me up. It's an upgrade from other subs (particularly loving his RCV stat), and he saves me a ton of time and stamina popping out eveo'd, skilled, awoken, and leveled. I plan to give a few more pulls of the 10-egg. It's like a fast forward button!

Further team growth:

For Odu, I'll be working to get his subs full dark. Dragon Zombie is a fave farmable sub of mine, especially when the team has and RCV multiplier but no HP multipler. Don't be surprised to see me with 3xDZ's in the future.

I'm working towards Revo Horus. For starters on his EVO Horus team, I've got Shuten-Doji, Bridechindna, Hera-Is, and Green Jas as my starting lineup.

I personally love the time in this game when your teams can grow at a fast clip and you have a good shot that a rem roll or farmable sub can flip the team's script. I also love running crap because I don't have better options.

Biggest upcoming milestones are just rank-based - Dungeon purchasing and assist assigment

2. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    *waves*

New blog!

pls stick around this time

I remember when you liked Set and I pulled him a few months ago and he's currently in his R/L uvo with the double 7c and all I could think of was "If only I could find me some friends who actually have him up" and then I could do you proud hahaha

Sparkle likes this.
  3. Sparkle

User ID:
    I'd burn a BF for RL Set if I roll doge myself.
    Having no Set, my account's BF currently hoarded for anyone that forever keeps up Ragnarok Dragon - like, they never take him down (Please tell me you do this)

--------------------

I'm trudging through normstechs/trimons right now. Gonna mix and match 10 stone with assist carnival rolls.

Latests rolls:

Assist - Diadem
    10stone - Astaroth

I'm not up to date on current opinions, but I'm pleased with my carnival whiff. Diadem likely becomes an inherit on my Nobu team as soon as I can, and I love rolling just about anything *machine* whenever I can.

Astaroth...I'm pretty sure I've never rolled this card ever before on any account ever. Nobu team will get her ulted to BG as a massive upgrade to the no-awakenings, partly leveled 2nd bride Sopdet on the team. Revo is too much work ATM (Love the LS and her Revo has one of my fave lady arts in PaD ever). She'll be in line right after I finish Rorus. (Rorus x Set seems good, and I'd love to have Revo Horus ready to sub for Set)

I'll shoot for one more 10-stone tonight.

foxwaffles likes this.
  4. Sparkle

User ID:
    Finally fixed my avatar. It will help keep me motivated.

Fixed my userID.

Fixed my sig to sucker people into this thread.

For all that is good, no one ever BF me before I have RagDrag or I have hit rank 400. I throw so many accounts away. Dumbest toss lately hit Fujin, Raijin, Amenominakanushi, and Gadius in its only 4 GF rolls.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 10:51 PM
  5. Scroff

Scroff Bus to Work - Destitute? Nah, just sociable...

PADherder:
    link
    Hey Sparkle/Grizztof
    In Nov 2014 you were good to me with advice to a first week newbie. I was then @Scroff and that game is now 1000+ days. ANO took it over but fair enough as it was on their I Pad anyway
    Today I have a NA game called Perylle ID 335,820,414. You might be able to use Sephiroth in 1 or more likely Diablos in 2. I have a few other darks like Anaphon and if you want to know more I'll list them (no Padherder for this game unfortunately).
    Friend me if you like.
    Scroff x

Sparkle likes this.
  6. Sparkle

User ID:
    -------
    (10 stone roll #3)

I wrote about Revo Asty being one of my favorite lady arts in PaD. Interesting coincidence - my next 10-stoner roll was Isis, whose Awoken art *is* my favorite lady art in PaD and has been since it existed. She looks serene, wise, confident, and strong, and I absolutely love the materials and coloration in the art.

------------
    (AVO mat machine pull)

Ult Beelzebub, instant add to Odu Nobu.

-------------
    (Main team pic for quick reference)

image.jpg

I booted Shuten Doji for Beelze. Sopdet seemed better to boot at first, but her SBR is a huge selling poInt.

----------
    @Scroff - I'd love to have you as a friend. I got a fail message when I tried to request you earlier. Thans for the recap and the kind words.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 2:11 PM
  7. Scroff

PADherder:
    link
    Sorry - I always forget and run out of friend space. Try again - should be fine now!

Sparkle likes this.
  8. Sparkle

User ID:
    As easy as OduNobu is to main over babby Horus, I'm trying to run more Horus for a few reasons.

1. Change of pace.
    2. Decided to make a guide for him.

Who needs a Horus guide?
    IDK, but maybe I'll find out by running one.

9. Sparkle

User ID:
    Kinda disappointed. BF'd @Scroff for Diabolos. That's not what's disappointing.

Horus x BF Diabolos has changed that guide to "Combo and win"
    Granted, with Horus merely offereing 4-5x (34-42.5x w/Diabolos) will only go so far until the active skills/Chicken will need upgrading.

------------

On of my favorite things to on fresh accounts (that I don't recommend to others) is to burn 20-30k MP as necessary to fast forward my early game.

RIP 25k MP. Hello SBRs, time extends, skill boosts, etc!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 4:40 AM
    Scroff likes this.
  10. Sparkle

User ID:
    When an account is this new, most anything pantheon can be hugely impactful on where the account goes.

Since my last roll update, I've rolled the carnival twice hitting Karin (another of my top lady arts + cards), and Lumiel (*ew* art, stellar roll).

-----------------------

I change my mind, ramble on, lose focus, a lot in my threads. The following is meant to recap simply:

Current card's I want to lead with, most excited for on top, followed by a letter grade of how good of a team I could make right now):

Ragnarok base -> Uvo -> SUvo (F)
    FL Horus or better, BUT NOT ACE (D)
    R.Karin (C-)
    R.Isis (C-)
    R. Astaroth (F)
    OduNobu (B)

Progress through the game:
    Normals, in T5, boredom restricted
    Techs, in T3, boredom restricted
    Challenge dungeons, C6 cleared w FL HorusxDiabolos, NP (need higher stam cap to try C7)
    Descend clearing confidence - Zeus Vulcan difficulty.

Settled on just tossing "finished" cards on HorusXDiabolos, team screen pic:

image.jpg

I do appreciat having 2x bind clear actives.

11. Sparkle

User ID:
    It'll be nice to get to later content and have more experience with current leads so I'll be more qualified to comment on these things.

12. Scroff

PADherder:
    link
    Yes Diab is OP. I don't like him much (he is up for others use) and so he isn't developed. I don't really like the big board but I've got a lot of cards that make one eg Romia, MaChao, Navi.
    My best rainbow leads are Anubis, DQXQ and CBSakuya if that helps. No Horus sorry, but I do have Isis and Karin.

13. Sparkle

User ID:
    I was lamenting not having a proccable reset for Horus.

Someone in my box started jumping up and down.

YO! Doofus! I'M RIGHT HERE!

image.jpg

(My brain was stuck on a 5color reset)

---------------

I bit on Diabolos to BF you because I felt he can let me run a lot of different leads I want, all in just one BF, regardless of anything else you have as a bonus for me. I'm using him to get to the point where I won't feel I'd need to use him.

OMG I hate 7x6 boards after a couple hours of play....

I'm noting you have the blue babes. I may plead to get one put up once I roll/farm their mats. Thanks.

Scroff likes this.
  14. Scroff

PADherder:
    link
    FYI
    Isis is Awoken, hypermaxed
    Karin is B/D (Ethereal Guardian), L99 and fully awakened, skilled to Lvl 4 (11turns) and with ~50+.
    Happy to change Karin evo if you want. She's neglected anyhow. Unsure about revoing Isis, but you're welcome to try persuade me.
    For use of either or anything else, just ask.

Sparkle likes this.
  15. Sparkle

User ID:
    I hate being out of date with evo's and LS'.

I had assumed Revo Anubis had retained AA's stupid LS combo scaling. Nope. JOY! They fixed it for the revo. Starting at 8 makes me excited to run RAxRA in 6x5, should I roll him. No. Not Ra, revo Anubis...

I love max sorting a board and biasing for skyfalls.

Overnight, I rolled again. missed the Carnival, but Gabriel is about the best miss I could have made for my blue box right now.

Gran cleared. Dark Knight is next. He was just lower priority. Later, I'll be exploiting Mech Rush's exp/stam to chain rank while farming stuff like kings. FlorusXDiabolos, as usual.

16. Sparkle

User ID:
    I just haven't been outting much energy into this game compared to what I would in the past. I'm still plugging along.

Two rolls today, Sheen and Alfecca. That's enough win for me.
    Mech Rush farmed a bit, using extra stam for clearing some techs, farming some kings.

C7 is the first challenge dungeon I checked the wiki for. Seemed cake. No problem. 7x6 no RCV almost feels like tricolor. I used water dragon to stall, because I wanted Lumiel up for Grisar's post-gravity poison.
    image.jpg

Maybe I'll hit A1 by the end of tomorrow overnight. Not sure I'll be ready to FLorus it. Come to me, Spinx and Thoth!

I need 8 more stam to try C8.

17. Sparkle

User ID:
    I read the wiki for C8. It seems like it wouldn't happen. The team in the pic above is 2186 RCV/20.4k HP (Lumiel is still growing), expected damage output without skyfalls < 3.5 mill/turn, throwaway actives. Seems rough for FLorusXDiabolos.

I'm very excited for Dragon Zombie today. My OduNobu team, should I want to use it, wants the beefyness of DZ. I loved my inherited Dragon Zombie on my roots team.

My start of an idea for stretching what I can do with Horus is to skew as heavily towards high-HP subs as I can, low CD is great, too. Dragon Zombie may earn a spot there. High HP for being easily farmable, unbindable, and CD dropping to 4! soon.

I just dk how rainbow Horus can afford to be.

I get the impression Isis will gravitate way more towards a solid blue team to give a rip about DZ.

Nailed 33 stam Drush, Heimdallr yesterday.
    Mech rush dropped from coins. That hurt. Exp/stam for Tower of Windy Woods, etc. is trash. Hard to rank chain.

Maybe I'll get to assist rank today.

18. Sparkle

User ID:
    Progress report:

FlorusxDiabolos team max leveled. (Team makeup is pictured two posts back)
    Most awokens are on standby because the dungeons aren't coming quickly enough.
    Normals - Clayus Prison (boredom limited)
    Techs - Mythic Stone Dragon Cave (techs take a while because they are an exp/stam trap)

Todays descend clear of only Dragon Zombie - it's because I ain't touching dungeons that start at Mythical and go up until my team starts to come together more properly.

Today's Roll - Chika (Minerva buddy) is the kind of card that I may find a use for, but wretch at rolling. At least I get to see some Minerva.

I should maybe make a list of my favorite female arts....

1. AIsis, RIsis
    2. Most Karins
    3. Rminerva
    4. RAsty

Honorable mention - Uvo Apocalypse

.....but then maybe I'd want to mix in my favorite femine arts, like some versions of Antares...

Cave of Dreaming should be easy enough to rip through now that I have a Diabolos buddy.

19. Sparkle

User ID:
    Paradise of the Holy Beasts is 99 stam.

Crap.

Details.

Not like I'd want to take on Arena yet.

I'll just focus on getting to 150 right now, so I can pull an RGB Indian 1.0 and be disappointed.

Dragon Zombie 2/6 skill ups.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 9:16 PM
  20. Sparkle

User ID:
    Almost let DZ go buy without saving a dupe.

Why save a dupe of Dragon Zombie? Because I want two.

I'll be here all week.