Gronia vs Blonia

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Noobzilla, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My Clea and Fio teams are in my signature.

I have 1 Cotton on my Alt and was going to go dark with it since my Alt has no Dark FUA, however, I may go blue instead for it's Clea team. I will swap out Sara when I do. So far my Alt doesn't have a Gronia. :(

I have 2 Cotton on my Main. I was going to make 1 Dark and the other Green but then I just realized that I have Nerg for dark FUA (doh!) and could evo my LuBu to his awoken if I wanted also, so I am now thinking about making 1 Green (swap out for Ishida) and 1 Blue Cotton (who will take Sara's spot). I do love my Ryune and refuse to take her off the team. I don't have a Ney on my Main so I evo'd my other Blonia into a Clea. Twice the fun!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  2. gpitty

gpitty Active Member

User ID:
    366, 198, 323
    PADherder:
    link
    Crap. Knew there was a reason I didn’t have them in my line up originally

3. Marr

Marr Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah it is a great active. I have three Mitsunaris in total, so I've got some inherit options for a hypothetical second Ragdrag as well.

I'm not too sure what the preferred inherits are (I suppose it depends if you're building for Alt Arena or Arena 3) - I haven't tested damage control vs Sopdet, Parvati, Vishnu etc., but I'm guessing at least one Fujin inherit is necessary for A3. That leaves questions about a spike vs Fujin inherit over Green Cotton or other FUA sub (also VDP for A3... not necessary?). I guess one could inherit over Sonia's active, but man, that active is great.

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    One green and dark match, surprisingly the green att goes over Sopdet's absorbs but still taking 30-35% of her HP. One unlucky skyfall would ruin the damage even more, and that's without any God Killer on the team. Perhaps just use Rathian poison/delay and set up the board to avoid unwanted skyfall. The best is just use Fujin. Parvati needs only green+dark match and one other combo to stay under. For Vishnu, as long as you don't 7 combo, green+dark with other combo would stays under.

Marr likes this.
  5. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    Just made a blonia team. Bind blows!

Blonia/Karin/Andromeda/Ryune/Kiri (3x dragon killer awoken)

Vaedriel and Ele like this.
  6. Rofl_Waffles

Rofl_Waffles Well-Known Member

7. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Anyone else in the ghetto blue/dragon FUA sub boat like myself, Ana Typhoon has a SA FUA just an FYI, that's what I had to resort to.

xer 21 likes this.
  8. Noobzilla

User ID:
    I realized I don't have to limit myself to blue dragons. I added dark Cotton to replace Andromeda. I also have Kulia which makes water and dark columns plus Anaphon. Potential subs are now Karin/Andromeda/Ryune/Kiri for blue and for dark I have Cotton/Kulia/Anaphon and Old Castle Sonia (dark and blue Sonia) for assist somewhere.

Vaedriel likes this.
  9. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I cleared every dungeon I went into this weekend with my new Clea team... and I have to say for the record that her LS has made me a better board solver.

Don’t get me wrong, historically I first played Horus, LKali, Haku, then RaDra. I combo’d OKAY back then 5-6 combo average. Then the 7C thing happened and I improved to 6-7 average sometimes hitting 8 which is why Anubis is not my default team.

Clea and Fio have made me re-analyze the way I combo through a 6x5 board. And that’s a good thing. I start in a corner with an L and puzzle out the rest and find myself hitting 7-8 combos nearly every time. I really feel like these two cards have brought something new to the game and have renewed my interest in playing PAD. Just my $.02

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Arranging, Marr, sgt502 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Noobzilla

User ID:
    The L match is definitely refreshing. Nowhere as annoying as Cross match but challenging and fun to do it plus the 7c. Gets interesting the with a B/Gronia board too. Still experimenting (I refuse to read guides and want to figure it out on my own). I usually start with an L corner and maybe a J then I have the middle area to mess with.

Vaedriel likes this.
  11. Thundercud

Thundercud Active Member

User ID:
    [US] 375,957,215
    Yes! Same boat here... I've burned 2 +297s trying to get Mel's FUA super-awakening unlocked... *sob*

12. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I didn't even think of using Mel because off type, but I'm basically out of +297's now and because we aren't swimming in plusses I feel like SA's are a dead issue to myself now.

The upside is Ana Typhoon has a mostly on color board change that also makes hearts, PLUS balance type so can take dragon killers.

13. Thundercud

Thundercud Active Member

User ID:
    [US] 375,957,215
    Hmmm... I've already got a hypermax Ana Typhon too... Guess that'll be next project.

14. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Four score and 20 years later... My main has its first Cotton! Started farming all the mats last Saturday. My Alt just needs 1 gold dragon to evo its Cotton. Le sigh.

[​IMG]

Ele, Arranging and xer 21 like this.
  15. Noobzilla

User ID:
    Changed my team to Gronia/RagDra (dragon killer)/OdinDra/Nees/Dark Cotton

Took out old uevo Gronia sub for Nees. Shorter cooldown and better stats. I get 105K hp with two skills that recovers 50% hp. Tanky as hell! I dont think I even really need a second RagDra.

16. Rofl_Waffles

Rofl_Waffles Well-Known Member

Kiri with L damage reduction lets a blonia team survive pretty much anything. Survive Sopdet no problem. Survive 10 turns of Mechanical Goemon no problem.

17. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I was not interested in blonia at all because no RCV but then revo andro got announced. I have 6 Andromedas. Gonna go old school tpas.
    Ryunne for fua
    3 Andros. One will have unbindable SA the other two will have tpa SA and I will put Valphalk on one of them so that bitch will have 5 tpas plus a 7c. And this team has 8700 RCV without any inherits or latents or limit broken stats.
    Looking forward to it. Now to evolve some Mions...

Vaedriel likes this.