Gronia vs Blonia

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Noobzilla, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My Clea and Fio teams are in my signature.

I have 1 Cotton on my Alt and was going to go dark with it since my Alt has no Dark FUA, however, I may go blue instead for it's Clea team. I will swap out Sara when I do. So far my Alt doesn't have a Gronia. :(

I have 2 Cotton on my Main. I was going to make 1 Dark and the other Green but then I just realized that I have Nerg for dark FUA (doh!) and could evo my LuBu to his awoken if I wanted also, so I am now thinking about making 1 Green (swap out for Ishida) and 1 Blue Cotton (who will take Sara's spot). I do love my Ryune and refuse to take her off the team. I don't have a Ney on my Main so I evo'd my other Blonia into a Clea. Twice the fun!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  2. gpitty

gpitty Active Member

User ID:
    366, 198, 323
    PADherder:
    link
    Crap. Knew there was a reason I didn’t have them in my line up originally

3. Marr

Marr Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah it is a great active. I have three Mitsunaris in total, so I've got some inherit options for a hypothetical second Ragdrag as well.

I'm not too sure what the preferred inherits are (I suppose it depends if you're building for Alt Arena or Arena 3) - I haven't tested damage control vs Sopdet, Parvati, Vishnu etc., but I'm guessing at least one Fujin inherit is necessary for A3. That leaves questions about a spike vs Fujin inherit over Green Cotton or other FUA sub (also VDP for A3... not necessary?). I guess one could inherit over Sonia's active, but man, that active is great.

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    One green and dark match, surprisingly the green att goes over Sopdet's absorbs but still taking 30-35% of her HP. One unlucky skyfall would ruin the damage even more, and that's without any God Killer on the team. Perhaps just use Rathian poison/delay and set up the board to avoid unwanted skyfall. The best is just use Fujin. Parvati needs only green+dark match and one other combo to stay under. For Vishnu, as long as you don't 7 combo, green+dark with other combo would stays under.

Marr likes this.
  5. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    Just made a blonia team. Bind blows!

Blonia/Karin/Andromeda/Ryune/Kiri (3x dragon killer awoken)

Vaedriel and Ele like this.
  6. Rofl_Waffles

Rofl_Waffles Well-Known Member

7. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Anyone else in the ghetto blue/dragon FUA sub boat like myself, Ana Typhoon has a SA FUA just an FYI, that's what I had to resort to.

xer 21 likes this.
  8. Noobzilla

User ID:
    I realized I don't have to limit myself to blue dragons. I added dark Cotton to replace Andromeda. I also have Kulia which makes water and dark columns plus Anaphon. Potential subs are now Karin/Andromeda/Ryune/Kiri for blue and for dark I have Cotton/Kulia/Anaphon and Old Castle Sonia (dark and blue Sonia) for assist somewhere.

Vaedriel likes this.
  9. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I cleared every dungeon I went into this weekend with my new Clea team... and I have to say for the record that her LS has made me a better board solver.

Don’t get me wrong, historically I first played Horus, LKali, Haku, then RaDra. I combo’d OKAY back then 5-6 combo average. Then the 7C thing happened and I improved to 6-7 average sometimes hitting 8 which is why Anubis is not my default team.

Clea and Fio have made me re-analyze the way I combo through a 6x5 board. And that’s a good thing. I start in a corner with an L and puzzle out the rest and find myself hitting 7-8 combos nearly every time. I really feel like these two cards have brought something new to the game and have renewed my interest in playing PAD. Just my $.02

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Ele, Arranging, Marr and 2 others like this.
  10. Noobzilla

User ID:
    The L match is definitely refreshing. Nowhere as annoying as Cross match but challenging and fun to do it plus the 7c. Gets interesting the with a B/Gronia board too. Still experimenting (I refuse to read guides and want to figure it out on my own). I usually start with an L corner and maybe a J then I have the middle area to mess with.

Vaedriel likes this.
  11. Thundercud

Thundercud Active Member

User ID:
    [US] 375,957,215
    Yes! Same boat here... I've burned 2 +297s trying to get Mel's FUA super-awakening unlocked... *sob*

12. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I didn't even think of using Mel because off type, but I'm basically out of +297's now and because we aren't swimming in plusses I feel like SA's are a dead issue to myself now.

The upside is Ana Typhoon has a mostly on color board change that also makes hearts, PLUS balance type so can take dragon killers.

13. Thundercud

Thundercud Active Member

User ID:
    [US] 375,957,215
    Hmmm... I've already got a hypermax Ana Typhon too... Guess that'll be next project.

14. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Four score and 20 years later... My main has its first Cotton! Started farming all the mats last Saturday. My Alt just needs 1 gold dragon to evo its Cotton. Le sigh.

[​IMG]

Ele, Arranging and xer 21 like this.
  15. Noobzilla

User ID:
    Changed my team to Gronia/RagDra (dragon killer)/OdinDra/Nees/Dark Cotton

Took out old uevo Gronia sub for Nees. Shorter cooldown and better stats. I get 105K hp with two skills that recovers 50% hp. Tanky as hell! I dont think I even really need a second RagDra.

16. Rofl_Waffles

Rofl_Waffles Well-Known Member

Kiri with L damage reduction lets a blonia team survive pretty much anything. Survive Sopdet no problem. Survive 10 turns of Mechanical Goemon no problem.

17. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I was not interested in blonia at all because no RCV but then revo andro got announced. I have 6 Andromedas. Gonna go old school tpas.
    Ryunne for fua
    3 Andros. One will have unbindable SA the other two will have tpa SA and I will put Valphalk on one of them so that bitch will have 5 tpas plus a 7c. And this team has 8700 RCV without any inherits or latents or limit broken stats.
    Looking forward to it. Now to evolve some Mions...

Vaedriel likes this.
  18. Noobzilla

User ID:
    Changed my Gronia inherit from Meimei to assist Narcaruga (3x blind resist). Pairs well with Gronia with poison resist @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa