Gungho to introduce premium dungeons that drop REM characters??

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by らぶたん, Mar 10, 2017.

1. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

at least YamaP once thought about that kind of idea!(how's my clickbaiting skills?)

in the newly released book released for PAD's 5 year anniversary there is also an interview with YamaP where he talks about the possibility of such a premium dungeon. it would cost magic stones to enter and inside a random god type(REM drop) monster would spawn and drop if you defeated it. he didn't specificy how many stones this dungeon would cost, but it would be less than a regular REM roll. it would be supposed to be an alternative to the regular REM.

thoughts? how would this have to work to make it actually be competitive without outright making the REM obsolete?
    people on JP thought of fun ideas such as making it a dungeon with Fl1 Vishnu, Fl2 Lakshmi. have fun with those jammer skyfalls. so would you risk spending stones on the dungeon if the drop is random and there's a chance for you to die?
    (source)

Haku-ku-ku, kumomo and Arranging like this.
  2. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    It'd be cool if they made it a challenge, like ones that avoid gimmick heartcross or Aizen annihilation. Maybe as hard as Machine Zeus was when it was first released. Take the RNG out of the drop and make it like, a daily switch of monsters or something.

It sounds like, dumb and I know someone on this forums is gunna get upset about my opinion and demolish it but I honestly think it'd be cool if thats how they did it.

Nekrabyte likes this.
  3. Zuko-tan

Zuko-tan Gimme Krishna, RNGesus.

The clickbait on this was real. lol.

They would have to make it hard as hell, or cost more than the normal REM. Anything else would make the regular REM, as you mentioned, obsolete. I honestly don't see it happening.

4. PDF3

PDF3 Well-Known Member

It can work if they make it so hard that it requires at least 5 stones to beat. And, at the end, the boss drop is random, with a chance of dropping fruit dragons & fairy tale girls.

mtb911 likes this.
  5. symplecto

symplecto (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Staff Member

User ID:
    Based on the general principle that "no matter how hard a dungeon is now, it'll be easy in a year", for anything like to work in the long run I imagine they'd need to allow themselves a loophole (like with the original A1-->A2 controversy), namely that they "reserve the right to continually make the dungeon harder over time".

6. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    I agree completely.

7. Zuko-tan

Zuko-tan Gimme Krishna, RNGesus.

More like 95% chance for Fairy Tale girls and Fruit dragons (let's not forget Grimrock, either.), and 5% everything else.

Jph81 likes this.
  8. Rofl_Waffles

Rofl_Waffles Well-Known Member

The best they can do is make a challenge dungeon that can be played 1 times. Hard as hell. The final boss can be a few different gods and you would need to quit the dungeon and try again if you don't like the one it gives you.

This is probably the best you can hope for. Farmable REM monsters will not happen for sure.

AMDZen likes this.
  9. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    Delay then fenrir

GG no re nooblord devs

ainvar, philsov and らぶたん like this.
  10. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Seems near impossible to make this happen because there is a big gap in box power between the top players and the majority of players.

How do you balance the difficulty of the dungeon? Make it too hard and only the top 5% will play it. Make it too easy and the top 5% will farm the shit out of it and avoid the REM. I don't see either scenerio benefiting GH.

PDF3, nickjr and HappyNoms like this.
  11. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    They could code the descend to take into account what cards/team or are running and scale the difficulty to that, so that a given preemptive is always larger than team hp and forces a shield, or a given absorb is always against whatever subattribute/attribute is rightmost in your set or most represented in dominant attributes.

But they've never coded any descends that way.

In theory it's possible.

I'd think they would want to test it out first in Adaptive Endless Corridors, that has no floor count and just keeps going until you die, gradually adapting to troll your team harder and harder and ramp up the floor difficulty based dynamically on what you bring.

Shrug.

El Purgator and nickjr like this.
  12. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    5x4 dungeon with modified version of MZeus. If you bring a 7x6 lead, he pre-emptively removes buffs and awakens, then hits you with a 300000000000% gravity.

らぶたん likes this.
  13. limboaz

limboaz New Member

If you make it a dungeon you can only beat once, and only offer it a few times a year, it would work. You obviously couldn't have it so the top players could farm the crap out of it and milk it for all the best REM cards. The top players probably already have most of the best cards anyways. In keeping with one of the foundational aspects of the game, there would have to be some randomness to it.

14. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    One time gift dungeon could work.

Fire Emblem Heroes has an interesting gatcha implementation where you can get inferior versions of the gatcha cards. PAD has chibi but there is no way to grind from chibi to full, and thankfully they seemed to have abandoned chibi regardless

15. JettG_G

JettG_G I got hit by an airplane!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I remember the "Adaptive Endless Corridors" was essentially supposed to be what became the rogue dungeons. Your were supposed to enter with a Navitama guide and your team at lvl one, and as you progressed you would fight harder and harder monsters while your own would level up. The Navitama also levels up, and when you die, you would get the Navitama to upgrade your cards depending on the level you brought it to--this was the concept of the latents we have now. Well, I don't remember it fully, but I think that's how it was supposed to go.

Anyway, with the idea of REM cards dropping in a dungeon, I'd love if the dungeon were anything like the Challenge 11's we've had in JP. Single floor, really hard. The first Ch11 was with Satan who could reduce his turn timer to one along with his 100 million HP (iirc). The second one was with LValk who, under her 50% resolve, would always recover to full and you couldn't hit her over her nullify. While frustrating, those were fun.

Sure, you could enter the REM dungeon with a specialized team to deal with what you want to get, but assuming anything in the REM can appear within the dungeon, I imagine people making many resets. And along the way, who is to say you might find an unexpected card you want, and thereby attempting to grab it with a sub optimal team (or, if the card is an easy one to deal with, say a four star, you'd probably simply end up with more MP which I guess would be a problem itself). Of course, you could definitely plan for the different encounters, but I think if they make each and every card different from each other, with their own quirks and difficulties, it could be hard to plan.

For example, DAthena is really popular at the moment so you'd maybe be looking for some inherits. Maybe you want Carat and some Ryunes for inherits. Carat could have a mechanic where, based on the number of skill boosts you have, she makes makes her damage nullify threshold lower (More sb's = Lower threshold). In this case, you might want a tanky team to whittle her down or stall out the null. But then there's Ryune who has tons of HP (Mimicking her own tankiness as a lead) and switches both leads to random subs every turn (Huh, that could be interesting) so you'd optimally want to kill her immediately. You could never know which of these cards you'd get, or even when you'll get them. Of course, this situation was simply catered to getting my idea across... so who knows?

Wow that's a lot of text.

Arranging and らぶたん like this.
  16. Joshsp1985

Joshsp1985 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    This it should essentially be a gift dungeon just like the free rem pull machines at different rank tiers, but it should have a decent level of difficulty. Make it 2 stones to enter or something and only able to be cleared once, or whatever.

17. Joshsp1985

Joshsp1985 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I'm so glad I hated the Chibi nonsense.