Halloween Xiang Mei

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Noobzilla, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    well to play devils advocate, pandora and akechi are top tier subs for her. so perhaps their rational was:

"let's not support HXM with the halloween rem so that we can force people to ALSO roll the normal rem?"

ok ok ok, i will buy it in a couple days and start trying to work on him. but you and @bobphillips1976 are going to have to run MP with me when my training schedule lightens up. leaving the house by 5:45am and getting home at 7:15pm makes for a very long day. i have had no motivation to log in or play very much

EDIT: i forgot snowglobes don't pop out at max level anymore. sigh.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  2. Aurelius

Aurelius Well-Known Member

User ID:
    345 170 218
    PADherder:
    link
    The more I think about it, DXM was just a poor choice for GungHo from the beginning.
    She is a special REM recolor of a 300k MP card, so she has to cost more than 300k. The stats are not blindingly superior so the only justifications for that cost increase is the advantage of being dark and the (slightly) larger sub pool. But the cost increase is 67% over XM. None of that comes close to justifying the cost.
    As much as I love the game and hope GungHo continues to do well, I really kinda hope absolutely nobody buys this just to send a message that we expect value commensurate with cost or we are not going to open our wallets.

3. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    and yet, the problem is, people will still continue to spend.

4. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is well said, except like @Moozie said, people will still buy. The japan whales will buy her no doubt. Just think be to when plum wasn't good and immediately when she came out there were videos of plum systems in japan.

5. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Fine by me. I need to accumulate tons of MP too in case I care about anythING from Christmas.

6. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    I am actually not much of a fan of this card either. I have the MP to buy it and will not. I have all of the subs, but I have the optimal (I think) red team, and dont play that one very much. Its not that I dont like the playstyle, but I would rather spend the MP on something else. (Ragdrag)

@Moozie we will have to do some farming for sure

7. Obelisk

Obelisk Active Member

Not worth it imo, there are equivalent or better dark options for a fraction of the price.

8. Rajj

Rajj Active Member

User ID:
    Your logic is flawed. There's no reason why a recolor of a 300k card needs to cost more than 300k.

9. Aurelius

Aurelius Well-Known Member

User ID:
    345 170 218
    PADherder:
    link
    I disagree, the fact that dark is un-resistable compared to red should be worth something.
    The fact that there are more dark devils compared to red healers should factor in somewhere.
    I don't know what the "correct" additional cost should be buts it's definitely not 200k.
    Maybe the better way to think about the question is to ask "how much would you pay to recolor XM?" and "how much would you pay to change XM from healers to devil?"
    I agree the answer to both of those is "not much if anything" but I understand the logic of attaching a premium even if I disagree with the amount.

10. Rajj

Rajj Active Member

User ID:
    Is the difference between Red XM and Dark XM dramatically more than various other differences between existing 300k mp monsters? I don't think so.

11. AMDZen

AMDZen ZeN@PF ¥ Baby ZuOh

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It isn't just red healers or dark Devils. It was really about red healers that would actually make RedXM great, meaning they needed to produce hearts. Which is why if you didn't have gadius and uriel, or imo two uriel and a Gadius, you were better off with something else.

DarkXM isn't any less needy in the long run, I am thinking personally that two Pandora is just as crucial here as two uriel was there, which in some ways is an even larger constraint on DarkXM because those who have two Pandora may have one awoken they don't want to change. Bonkai is better here. Then there is the added constraint that her best bind clear (I believe anyway) is in the Halloween rem as well in rozuel, who is actually a huge question mark anyway. Which again, wouldn't be as bad if there was also a devil board change in the rem also, dark Saria and dark ryune being the best options.

Bottom line is that Red has tons of healers. You have Laila that makes a row for you, has to be great right, nope not unless you don't have better options. Even mamiya isn't the best. Red Valk nope, valen isn't needed. Red riding hood is "okay" as is Mitsuki. NY Mitsuki being a mid tier with that one collab chick I can't think of. Then you have literally 3 options at top tier, herself and the two mentioned before. Dark is in the same place, nearly identically. Lots of Devils, means lots of Devils that you wouldn't really want to use. Pandora and Akechi being the only absolute staples, along with herself, and a whole lot of questions.

12. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    A dark Ryune or Saria would most likely have RCV very similar to their normal counterparts. They would still work best as inherits because you need all the RCV you can get, especially without dupe HXM

13. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    BMyr was 500,000 times the cost of the normal one lol (assuming a free monster translates to 1 MP)

And she had even less advantages than HXM does. At least HXM is less limited than the real one, but BMyr is literally just the light one with a different subpool from virtually the same pantheons

14. Glutes

Glutes Active Member

At least Bmyr is at the very top of the meta. Can't say the same about XM

Xayvin likes this.
  15. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    When you're judging D.XM on the armed with the knowledge that the best possible XM-type team is in the template of the ideal R.XM team you should probably take a moment, step back and get some perspective. You are probably wrong, the ideal R.XM team is built out of scarcity of quality Red Healers, Dark Devils are not so limited.

PDF3 likes this.
  16. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is just not true. The reason the ideal R XM team is so good is because those scarse red heals actually have an amazing amount of rcv to support the largest HP pool that the HP multiplier grants the team. There is just absolutely no way of doing this with D.XM unless you use multiple S.Ult Pandora's and even then they still don't combine with a full board changer in the same way Gadius combines with Uriel. Batman works but he is bindable and will a lot of time not make enough hearts for fully activate, so you kinda have to always have a XM available as backup. You can have all the options in the world but if they any permutation of those options results in a better team then it doesn't matter. You are equally more accessible to better. Those are to different things. They are at best equally good. D.XM is not better as a lead.

AMDZen likes this.
  17. Redmy

Redmy Member

Plum or DXM for Gremory? Or both?

18. ChronoM

ChronoM 「天地創造」

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    They are pretty even. DXM guarantees heart activation while Plum gives you more firepower by also creating dark orbs. I'd personally only run one of them in Gremorys team, but if you lack enough Pandas you can get more as a substitute.

If you are lazy and got enough MP, you should pick DXM. No need for pys and evolving... also lower XP curve.

19. Glutes

Glutes Active Member

Plum, or 2x Plum. I don't think DXM has any place on a gremory team.

20. ChronoM

ChronoM 「天地創造」

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well she doesnt create dark orbs, but fixes RCV issues and guarantees a cross with her AS.

AMDZen likes this.