Heart Cross Conundrum: Myr vs. Ronove vs. Gremory

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Aurelius, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Aurelius

Aurelius Well-Known Member

User ID:
    345 170 218
    PADherder:
    link
    Ok, let me start off by saying this is not some theoretical discussion of one leader versus another. This is me asking very specifically about teams using the monsters in my box.

With that out of the way, this account seems to have a knack for pulling GFEs at the expense of all else (I'm looking at you Hermes. You too Wukong.) leaving me with the first world problem of trying to figure out which heart cross lead to go with. Here at the teams I have been thinking about:

(Myr and Elia +297, Myr and Apocalypses need skillups).
    I'm also looking at inheriting Saria onto Awoken Venus, but not sure who to pull for that. Apoocalypse #2, maybe?

(Ronove almost +297, RKali hyper, Rozuel is WIP)
    Don't have Kaede, so no obvious on-color option to cover light so not convinced this will work.

(Just rolled Gremory so she needs to be evo'd, rest of the team would need +'s).
    Obviously, this is dependent on waiting for Ana to come to NA and me getting a bunch of Grisar skillups, but not it not a big deal, just time consuming. Other possibilities include a second Panda, AYomi, DB Lucifer, AAnubis, Jize with some kind of skill inherit, etc. (I have a strong lot of dark devils so it's probabaly best to just look at my box on this one.)

So here are my questions:
    -Which would you choose and why?
    -For Ronove, what would you use for the last slot?
    -How does Gremory stack up against Myr (who I know is strong)?
    -As I've been focused on other teams, have I missed something entirely awesome hiding in my box that would make one of these teams exponentially better?

Thanks.

2. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Myr.

Ronove and Gremory get the edge for damage, but damage usually isnt the problem. A larger shield allows you to tank hits more easily. Gremory and Ronove have to worry about some secondary condition to improve damage, color match for ronove, and using skills for grem. Myr has her multiplier all the time if she makes a cross shield.

The only time this is a detriment is for damage shields. Gremory and ronove both get a little boost in those cases. But Myr can still handle those by making rows / tpa and smartly matching.

IMO your Myr build is also better than your ronove and gremory builds. In theory ronove can be better (with two Kaedes and a ragnarock) than Myr for some content, but thats not possible for most players to build.

I'd personally run Anaphon for dark if you have the team!

Faust likes this.
  3. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    If you want to use Ronove buy a Ragnarok. If you want to play Gremory buy a Plum. Ronove is just ridiculously easy to play. People are often scared by the cross plus rainbow style but it is pretty easy after a little practice. Sure Kaede really makes that team in terms of damage but Ragnarok hits nearly as hard most floors of arena and way harder on floors you are fighting gods which is a lot. Bring a utility shield for Kali and

Plum is a really great sub for both Gremory and Ana Typhon.

Ideally you would build all of those teams over time. Just consider where you want to start and branch out. Each has its pros and cons. I have Myr and a pretty optimal team for her too but I still use Ronove and Gremory a lot more. Maybe it is just that she is the flavor of the month and I am being contrary but the other teams are really good. Ronove is a 15 -20 minute arena clear if I am actually paying attention to what I am doing.

4. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I'd run Gremory for the fun, but I'm jaded. Objectively your myr is strongest at the moment, though apoc needs skillups or you will be a sad panda when you heart screw, and I think I'd just run ADQXQ over Elia as a base card as it combos with apoc board darks.

The two decent Ronove color completion options I see in your box are water/light Isis for being cd3 for whatever you actually want to inherit, or batman and gloves and use the two turn delay as if it were indirectly a Kaede, as the delay gives you free board prep / free +1-2 to cool downs and is thus functionally a lot like what Kaede is doing. Excepting, obviously, status shield issues / keeping in mind what actives you should be using when.

Faust likes this.
  5. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I would definitely worry about status shields with Batman. Relying on that as a way to save yourself instead of a planned delay usage on an enemy like Hino is a recipe for getting screwed in a really bad place. I would rather take my chances using a board change like one of the Kalis there and if I didn't get 5 hearts using a Ronove to fix the board.

Faust likes this.
  6. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    Myr, hands down!

With Ronove, you're missing Kaede and light coverage. This means that you'll be using a rainbow lead, but you'll only have 4/5 colors available to you, which will make him more difficult. And as someone who has Ronove but no Kaedes, I can tell you that Ronove's damage is not nearly as impressive without her. Ronove depends on Kaedes TPAs and really high attack for damage. He still hits fairly hard, but you'll often fail to one shot bosses...especially if you can't nail the fourth color. He also has the steepest learning curve. So your Ronove team is sub-optimal and he's the hardest to play.

With Gremory you'll have a different problem: time. Gremory has very few time extends of her own, so with that particular team you'll be very short on time. If you can heart cross and set up dark attacks very quickly then you'll be fine, but otherwise you might be in for an unpleasant surprise. At the very least, if you don't have a lot of practice with crosses, can get lots of practice with your last and best option. Your Gremory team also has the least heart-makers and is therefore most prone to heart-trolling. You have less time so you're more likely to miss the heart cross and you're less likely to have a way to make more hearts.

On the other hand, your Myr team looks rock solid and Myr alone adds plenty of time (4 seconds, which is 8 TE awakenings worth, in the leads alone). Myr won't hit quite as hard as the other two (although Ronove is iffy since you don't have Kaede), but she's got plenty of defense (50% per lead unlike Ronove and Gremory's 35%). The other nice thing about Myr is that she's farmable, so it's a lot easier to find people with Myr than with Ronove or Gremory. If you're able to quickly make heart crosses and love the play-style, you can always start building Ronove and Gremory next since you have them. Your team also happens to include Apocalypse and DQXQ who make beautiful, boss-murdering board babies together :)

7. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    And to answer your teambuilding questions:
    1) Myr-Drop Elias. The more heart-makers the merrier and Apocalypse's UEVO is a fantastic Myr sub all around.
    2) Ronove- Before committing to RagDra, I would farm Gainaut from his Rogue dungeon. He combos well with Ronove who is up every 3 turns anyway. Ronove's active turns Gainaut's jammers into wood and adds a pair of hearts, which give you plenty of hearts for a cross and some extra wood orbs for Ronove. Gainaut also has multi-boost, so his stats are better than they look. But more importantly, he covers light!

8. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For Ronove: Ronove/Ragdra/Susano/Sakuya/Flex. Inherit anima on sakuya for kill shot on Kali (in you are thinking of the Arena's). I can't stress how important Ragdra is to the team. If you are serious about the team, buy him. For the flex you can use DKali, but I would prefer to use a on color card with TPA's. Looks to me like Robin Hood would be the best fit for that, though he would be the only member of the team without the anima boost. He does boost green damage so he can serve as orb generation and secondary boost. But yeah i would go Robin Hood or Kali for the last spot.

Both Myr and Ronove I have found to be equally strong and look very strong on your box but ronove is harder to get to high end damage than Myr (skill wise i mean). Gremory is the weakest of the 3 with your box it seem since you don't seem to have Akechi to combine with Typhon, though doesn't mean she would be weak by any means.

For Myr, I strongly recommend Bride Izanami for solo arena runs. With her shield you can tank the first kali hit and easily one shot after Kali's shield is gone. Plus the OE make natural board damage pretty good. In coop, run Venus with Saria inherited instead of Iza, especially if running with a friend that has an Akechi inherited. I would take out Elia for either of these options.

For Gremory, I would take out Grisar, put in Yomi and inherit Ishida to Yomi. Ishida plus Panda is your kill. That fixes both your lack of time movement and lack of bicolor kill shot. Then, if you ever buy Plum, take Batman out for Plum. otherwise take batman out for your dupe Panda. So Gremory/Typhon/Panda/Panda/Yomi:Ishida. That team is just slighty worse than the other 2 IMHO, but strong enough.

I'd say all teams are strong enough that you should just use the team that is the most fun for you. Test them out in combo master if you have andriod.

9. whoistoddjones

whoistoddjones Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Myr, cut Elia for A. Venus with Saria inherit.

Inherit a shield onto your myr so you don't have to burst Kali

Profit.

That's my opinion

10. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    It comes down to Myr or Ronove for me. Personally, I like Ronove quite a bit more than Myr, but I have different subs. You should try out combo master (pad sim) and see how your Ronove team plays. Your Myr team is good although I would remove Elia for Ariel (SI Saria). You can prong pretty good on trash and still have enough rows for a kill shot. Prongs saves orbs = saving AS which is pretty important for Myr (she's semi AS hungry).

I would not do Gremory. She needs to chain skills which your current setup wont be able to accomplish.

Optimal Gremory is about the same as optimal Myr. Your Myr team is closer to optimal than your Gremory team making it an easy decision between the two.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  11. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

For Myr, I would actually just run Saria. Pair with someone with Myr-LAkechi is the way to go.

12. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    Myr looks like your strongest, most synergized option in my opinion.

13. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

For gremory you have a pretty strong team actually. You have 3 pandas. Maybe make another awoken for the hastes. Anaphons active isn't the best without akechi although grenory can fix it somewhat. Maybe you could find a gremory with akechi inherited. Also Halloween Iza with Ishida inherited could do well to give you 100% sparkle orbs. Which is huge damage. Plus ishida has 2 turns haste and combos with panda. I would take out grisar and only use batman when you really need delay. Ryunne can also be inherited somewhere. So I would run 2 awoken pandas and Hiza with ishida and the last spot is flex. Anaphon is good but kinda needs an akechi active to shine.

14. Aurelius

User ID:
    345 170 218
    PADherder:
    link
    First off, thank you all for the quick responses!
    Second, let me also thank you rubbing copious amount of salt into that Akechi shaped hole in my soul. ;) (So much chasing and yet, still no Akechi).
    Seriously, this is exactly the feedback I needed. When I actually looked at it, Ronove looked like a good idea, but II feel like I am really missing key cards. The desire to run Gremory comes from the fact that she was a 6* yolo pull and a burning desire to actually have my 6*'s be useful (few of them actually are).
    So now, it looks like I need to hope skill rotation goes back to Apocalypse sometime soon and I'll be in business.

15. Aurelius

User ID:
    345 170 218
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey everyone, sorry for the bit of thread necromancy but it seemed relevant.
    I have finally caught my white whale (in the form of a dark samurai) and now have a shiny new Akechi who I will be working diligently to build up.
    This coupled with the upcoming Halloween REM leads me to ask if the recommendations on teams has changed at all?
    I know Germory/Anaphon both benefit tremendously from Akechi (as does basically every dark team ever).
    Is there anything from Halloween REM that would make you shout "You must play Gremory/Anaphon!"?
    Along those lines, would buying HXM tilt the balance? Plum? I do have a crazy ability to yolo ultra-rare pulls, so you never know. I do have the MP but 500k is a lot for a card I see only as a sub (unless it's s super awesome sub). The flip side is I have almost enough MP to grab Plum AND Ragdrag and go to town on heart crosses of all kinds.
    Your thoughts?
    As always, thatnks for helping out!

16. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I wouldnt spend 500 mp on HXM. I get the feeling you will regret in a couple months. They have announced that the original MP dragons will get uvos which means Plum and Ragdrag probably will too one day. As a collab card HXM will be left behind and might get another dark row or finger in a year as compensation and then rot while everything else gets reincarnation and super ults blah. If you spend a pack or two to chase her ok but unless you're swimming in Mp I would say no. Plum and Ragdra will probably benefit you more. Just my opinion

17. jlarimore

jlarimore Well-Known Member

Normally I would agree with you. But, I think HXM is going to be an exception mainly because I think long term her sub pool is going to grow uncontrollably, (devils are the most common dark typing) and I believe she will probably be a solid sub as she has RCV for days. (which is rare for dark devils)

18. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I would rather put super panda in for rcv but you have some fair points.

19. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Myr is *so* strong, and you have great subs for her. I don't think there's any way pulling Akechi makes Gremory a better choice. Of course you can have fun with both teams, but I'd think long & hard before investing the MPs in your dark team.