Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ElectricPaladin, Apr 11, 2015.

1. ElectricPaladin

ElectricPaladin Member

User ID:
    Hi, all. I'm ElectricPaladin pretty much all over, so if you've ever met an ElectricPaladin on pretty much any board dedicated to anything dorky, nerdy, or speculative... that's me. In real life I'm a 32 year old middle school science teacher. I live in California with my wife and our bearded dragon, Lír, and I co-teach with the help of a Russian tortoise name Miranda and a Vietnamese firebelly toad named Jasmine. I enjoy all sorts of science fiction and fantasy stuff, tabletop RPGs and wargames, and a select few video games, either on my laptop or on my phone. PAD is one of the rare games that both sucks me in and leaves me feeling entertained and refreshed, rather than drained and annoyed. Also, the art is neat, and the gameplay rewards mostly going about my daily life and sitting down to play for a few minutes every once in a while, which is pretty much how I play mobile games. And also, it seems like I can actually play this game and enjoy it without dumping a ton of real world money on it, which is a nice bonus, and distinguishes it from certain other games I've played.

Anyway, I started with the blue dragon because it was named after the dinosaur that was my favorite when I was a kid. And I rolled Urd, because I was lucky enough to start during a Godfest, and although I've read a lot that suggests that she's actually kind of a lousy choice - not bad, but hard to build a team for - I think it's too late for me to start again now. I'm looking forward to complaining about my terrible luck and getting advice from all of you more experienced PADers. PADers? PADites? PADians?

I dunno. You.

2. Dubby

Dubby Dubulubu ♥

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Welcome aboard~~

I like to call us Puzzlers~ :D

Marioman95 likes this.
  3. DeusExLuka

DeusExLuka New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I roll with Urd as a lead on my mono fire team. Easily one of my favourite teams when with the right subs you can turn the whole board red and then add 6% more damage to each orb. Horus, Set <3.

4. vincent000

vincent000 Hyped for everything

User ID:
    Welcome to the forums Electric Paladin

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  5. ElectricPaladin

ElectricPaladin Member

User ID:
    I've managed to do that a couple of times! I'm only Rank 46, so I've got a pretty limited repertoire. I like to rock Urd with a samurai goblin and a mystic flame knight, so if I get really lucky I can turn the whole board red and kill pretty much anything. It's definitely fun.

6. DeusExLuka

DeusExLuka New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Any mono team is alot of fun when you get it the way you want it. The spike teams are fun to but a pain in the butt to get all the combos needed. It's just my preference, I put the most effort into my mono teams just because I like the play style.

https://www.padherder.com/user/DeusExLuka/teams/#133810

If you want to add me for a friend feel free to do so. =)

7. ElectricPaladin

ElectricPaladin Member

User ID:
    Will do!

8. ElectricPaladin

ElectricPaladin Member

User ID:
    I've been really enjoying this game so far. Two things of note:
    1. I teach middle school and some of my students just started playing as well. Entertaining!
    2. My dearest wish is that those damn x-lits would appear somewhere other than in those lame short dungeons... it's a real grind getting the x-lits I need to evolve anything.

9. DeusExLuka

DeusExLuka New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You complain about that now lol. Oh but come the day when you do Keeper of rainbow for the first time =)

ElectricPaladin likes this.