Help! Back after 2+ years

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Sharki, May 8, 2019.

1. Sharki

Sharki Active Member

Took a very long hiatus and boy am I confused with all the new UI stuff available. Anyway, first things first, trying to figure out what to build towards. I have always leaned heaviest towards dark, secondary red. I have a ton of others monsters (think REM stuff from 2+ years ago), but here are the 297's I have plus others that I think could be relevant. Far from exhaustive list. Really appreciate any advice, especially for dark!

Dark 297's:
    Haku
    Valk Claire
    Okuninushi
    Tsukuyomi dragon
    Awoken zeus stratios
    Pandora
    Akechi
    Izanami

Other notable darks with various plusses:
    Dmeta (2)
    Durga
    Lucifer
    Persephone
    Hanzo
    Loki
    Yomi
    Hades

Red 297's:
    Shiva
    Yamato
    Urd (and a dup)
    Ronia (and a dup)

Other red notables with various plusses:
    Krishna
    Belial
    Freyr
    Chiyome
    Ame no uzume
    Cao Cao
    Ares
    Uriel

2. Vio

Vio Member

Dmeta for sure ..
    I quit for 5 years too, your box is very similar to mine.
    You have all the good sub for dmeta: izanagi haku, luci(i suppose it is archangel), pandora, yomi etc..
    Just get your subs in reincarnated evo you can already farm a lot of end game dungeons.
    Noc wrote up a very detailed answer for me and i am sure it will be helpful to you.
    https://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/retired-player-coming-back.107470/

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Noc likes this.
  3. Vio

Vio Member

Noc likes this.
  4. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Your Mega Dmeta team composition will depend on who you mean by Izanami and Lucifer. If Izanami is some version of the farmable (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=813) rather than this (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=805), then I would sell her for plus eggs. It's not that plus eggs are super rare (see @Vio above), but that the value of many farmables, including Izanami, is very low. If your Lucifer is the arch-angel (started as: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=628), then he will be fantastic on your DMeta team. If he started as this guy (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=638), then I would not include him in your team. For a DMeta team, you have to be able to hit 7 combos pretty fast. When you get your hands on some diamond dragon fruits, I would be aiming for something like:
    Mega DMeta/Mega Dmeta/Reincarnated Yomi/flex/flex
    For the flex slots, you can use Lucifer (if he's the arch-angel), Durga to to reduce your hp (Dmeta hits hardest under 80% hp) and boost your damage, a heart-maker (YomiDra or Reincarnated Pandora), or a damage boost that doesn't hurt you (Reincarnated Loki instead of Durga). If you're struggling with time, there is a time badge you can add to your team in single player that should make DMeta a little bit more manageable. You can get badges by going to the achievements tab. By the way, Yomi's active is also a huge help when you need to be absolutely certain you'll hit 7 combos.

If you're not especially fast or don't care for DMeta, the other option is to trade the Springfest medal in your mailbox in the monster exchange for something you can use as a lead. All 3 of them are solid leads. If you have some cards with dragon-typing or that can gain it in later evolutions, then Rex is fantastic (see puzzledragonx.com to check the evos). He has a really fast active when skilled up and some really good offensive awakenings in either form. One form will rely on matches of 4 wood orbs for damage, while the other one relies on combos. Rex adds two extra seconds per lead and doesn't need large numbers of combos to hit hard, so he's easier to use than DMeta and doubles your hp without requiring you to be under 80% for max damage. All else being equal, DMeta is still a better lead since her leader skill has a shield and hits a lot harder. Once skilled up, you can also use a lead Rex's active every turn so you effectively have 5 extra seconds to move orbs. Echidna Sara and Hera are more flexible leads when it comes to team composition. Echidna would allow you to make use of your solid fire cards, but you might occasionally need to stall if you have less than 4 fire orbs. Hera-luna is a little weak by today's standards, but does plenty of damage for everything but some of the most recent dungeons. She requires a team of devils and is super-tanky: double hp (like rex), double rcv (so you can easily heal back), and massive extra 5 seconds per lead (10 seconds for matched) leads. In short, your strongest lead is DMeta, but she can be hard to use depending on how comfortable you are with combo leads. If you have devils and are looking for something easy to transition back into the game with, then go with Hera-luna. If you have want to take advantage of your fire box, go with Echidna. If you have some dragons, Rex is great. Note: If you're happy leading with DMeta and aren't looking for an additional lead, your considerations for the springfest medal will be very different.

5. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I wouldn't focus on making Reincarnated evos until you know exactly which direction you are going to take. Main reason being they are very expensive to make relative to simply making the Awoken version. It is 16 million XP to max a Revo versus 4 million for an Awoken version and the difference isn't game changing in most cases. You can max level a full team of subs at the same cost as 1 Revo. When you catch up a little and have some spare resources, or are dead set on one specific team, you can start working on Revos. Half of the older ones don't get much use anyways so it would be a waste to make a Revo just because it's a Revo.

"Dark 297's:
    Izanami"

Think it's safe to assume that it's the farmable otherwise it was misspelled AND he/she is color blind :D

6. Sharki

Sharki Active Member

Thanks for the info guys. I was referring to farmable Izanami (max skilled too, so I hate to feed her), but I also have the REM Izanagi, just not plussed. And yes, I do have Archangel Lucifer. Dmeta sounds like a great plan. So based on what I've read, it sounds like my ideal subs are:

Dmeta lead
    Dmeta sub
    Yomi
    Luci

With 1 flex of:
    Izanagi
    Haku
    Yomidra
    Pandora
    Durga
    Loki
    Persephone
    Lu Bu

Sound about right? Any idea which flex I should focus on first? Also, are reincarnated monsters pretty much universally the best version? Lastly, is best way to score the Diamond Dragon Fruit just to endlessly farm the Thursday dungeon?

Thanks again guys.

7. ko300zx

User ID:
    Izanagi should be your last sub so that you can regularly use the active to keep HP in Dmeta's activation range. You can get a Diamond Dragon fruit from Hephaestus descended in the May quest dungeons. Rushana as well but that one might be tough just coming back.

Sharki likes this.
  8. Sharki

Sharki Active Member

Diamond fruit is an invade regardless of dungeon, right? I'm not seeing it on PadX in anything other than Thursday dungeon, but I'll take your word for it. Higher invade chance in descended perhaps?

9. Vio

Vio Member

More like izanagi is the staple.
    All my dmeta teams have him, no matter what dungeon because his active is only 3 turns cd and synergizes perfectly with dmeta.
    luci is semi staple
    yomi, 2nd dmeta haku etc are flex

I suggest you to first work on a team to farm training Arena.
    1.(Devil killer latent x2)
    2.(max skilled)
    3.(god killer latent) + assit,
    4. Delay(more turns the better, orochi ideally)
    5. Last slot for whatever you need to level up
    And a freind dmeta with at least two devil killer.

Traing arena give you 6mil exp split across the team for 99 stem, equal to 10x extreme king metal dragon.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  10. ko300zx

User ID:
    It is a reward for completing the quest dungeons mentioned above. The reward is scrolling across the top of each dungeon in the menu. It doesn't drop or invade, it will be sent to your mail when you complete the dungeon. As for farming, it is only an invade in Thursday but they give them out left and right for various rewards so you shouldn't have to farm them.

11. Vio

Vio Member

Diamond dragon fruits can be obtained from quest dungeon rewards, it gets into your mail after you complete. The invade rate on Thur dungeon seems reallly low (i still havent seen one in 50+ runs) I do not recommend farming from Thur even at 1/2 stem..
    Also go to Achievement on top right you can also get one by completeing legendary remians technical dungeon.

12. Sharki

Sharki Active Member

Are there clear favorites as far as latent tamadras? Any particular strategy on how you choose them for your monsters? (generally and for this team specifically). Thanks again for all the help!

13. ko300zx

User ID:
    Heh, I could go on for days about this but I'll give the very VERY short version.

Depends on what dungeon you want to focus on but killers will be 80% of your latents. Up until the introduction of A5, Dragon and God Killers were generally the strongest options for anyone that could take them. A3 favors Dragons, Alt Arena favors Gods, A4 Dragons and Gods. Now A5 throws Devils into the mix. The rest are relatively niche. My A5 team is almost entirely Devil killers where possible with a few God thrown in. You can get through A3 easily with Dmeta without really putting any investment into killers. The lead is just overpowered for the dungeon. Maybe save them and see what you want to focus on after that. If someone only takes Devils or one of the unmentioned weak ones, add them whenever you want.

Then there are SDRs. Again, depends on the dungeon. A5 is very SDR dependent, to the point of needing 4-6 on some stuff to avoid instant death lol. AA can get away with 2 on most. Inherits are a big deal these days. The more important it is to have an inherit up exactly when you need it, the more important SDRs are (up to a point). Generally you are doing 3 killer, 2 SDR 2 killers, and 4 SDR, and 1 killer. 4 SDR on things that you absolutely need to have the inherit up for. 2 and 2 when the inherit is strong but not necessarily needed. 3 killers will generally go on cards where you inherit an Equip (transfers awakenings to the base card) card for the awakenings but don't really want the inherited skill up. Or when you inherit the same card on top of the base since it doesn't matter which is up. Enemy skill delays are actually nice for keeping an inherit from coming up so no SDR, and 3 killers in that case. I mention 4-6 for A5 because of spawns like Machine Athena. If she does her 150% gravity, my team dies, so it is imperative I have Fujin up turn 1 for her and she does a 4-6 turn delay preemptive. For most dungeons, 2 SDR will be the most you need for now.

Then there's stuff like RCV, or HP. If a card doesn't have any offensive awakenings (7c generally these days), putting killers on them isn't going to be much help. You can use RCV and other stuff on them to boost those stats.

14. Vio

Vio Member

Well as ko300zx said Dmeta is so powerful
    Actually with dmeta lead and max skilled awoken Izanagi, then throw in some random god subs you can already clear like 90% of game contents

With right subs maxed out you can almost clear 99%, just short of some Annilation level and A4 after. Thats where you really need the latents.

Training Arena is just a normal dungeon (enemy has no skill) with enemy that has high atk and ridiculous hp, therefore you need the killer. Training arena also drops TE+, atk+ hp+ rcv+ latent which are universally useful.
    When you farm enough you will have so many of them you can simply throw into your subs as placeholder that you can later dispose of. Once you have the main subs maxed and start challenging dungeons like AA, you will understand most of the mechanics and find out what latents you need for your team.

Also be aware that a lot of gods lose their god type in awoken form.

15. Sharki

Sharki Active Member

The team is already really coming together! Just need an Light Izanami to feed izanagi.

Really confused about super awakenings. My dmeta’s “lvl Max” is white, which I believe means she can’t be extended past 99. So how do I unlock her additional awakenings? I clearly see from my friends list that it is possible.

Edit: Nevermind, just found the assist info! Wow they’ve added a lot to this game!

Thanks again!

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  16. ko300zx

User ID:
    Only certain cards have super awakenings. I don't think Mega Dmeta has any. Lvl Max will be in blue if she can be limit broken (access to super awakenings and up to 110) If there are other awakenings to left of the normal ones, it could be an equip card. If you see [​IMG] the awakenings are from the equip card.

17. Sharki

Sharki Active Member

I’m trying to understand how this guy (on my friends list) got the 5 extra awakenings on the left. I thought it would be from adding an assist to DMeta, but when I do that, only stats and second active show up in the preview window. No extra awakenings. Can you explain “equip cards”?

Edit - can’t attach the pic but I think you know what I’m referring to.

18. ko300zx

User ID:
    I can!

There are certain cards with the awakening I showed above. For example, a popular one is Rathian. The equip evo is called Kralice Rapier (the theme for assists is weapons).

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4140

On it's own, it is pretty useless. Looks like:

[​IMG]

But when inherited onto another card, that card receives the awakenings from the assist card. You'll see below that Luci has the awakenings on the left that are from the card above. The one that is above the [​IMG] is the Super Awakening.

[​IMG]

Some of the most useful ones are resists (poison, blinds, clouds, etc). The [​IMG] indicates that the card is an "equip" card (I don't even know if that's the proper term lol). Here's a list of them https://ilmina.com/#/ADVANCED_SEARCH/{"awakeningsSelected":{"0":49}}

Noc likes this.
  19. Sharki

Sharki Active Member

Ahhh.... ok I think I got it. So you can use regular monsters as assists, but if you do, you only get their stats (if same color) and their active. If you use an equip evo, you get the awakenings too (example - Green Odin has an equip evo that would give me those awakenings). Am I missing anything?

20. ko300zx

User ID:
    Pretty much. Think they have to be max lvl (and same color) to transfer stats, and then if they are 297, they will transfer additional stats.