Help me with my remix

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Burton, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Burton

Burton Member

Hello! I'm Burton, a few might've seen me around the forums. My hobby is making music whenever I can; It's just for fun, I'm not a professional or anything (although I'd very much like to improve). Hopefully I'm allowed to post this kind of stuff in the lounge.

So lately I've been working on this remix of a Japanese song called "Only my Railgun". 22 hours were spent on this project so far- that means I'm at the point where I've listened to it so many times, I don't know what to think of it anymore -_-

And I've come to the conclusion that I need more ears for this remix, so I'm asking all of you who've read this far to do me a favor- please give it a listen and give some constructive feedback. Refrain from using phrases like "go die", "this is the worst thing ever" etc

WARNING- Contains electronic music similar to dubstep (the music that all adults hate apparently). If you don't like that genre, I'd give this track a skip*

I hope this link works

https://soundcloud.com/burton773/remix-only-my-railgun-test-2

It's a work in progress and I hope to improve and add to it (thinking of adding a base line to the first verse and crashes throughout the song). I might've overdone the wub wubs

Example template:
    First Impressions: [...]
    I like: [Time marker]
    I dislike: [...]
    I think that [...] is too [...]
    This [instrument] is too [...]
    This [part] is too [...]
    You should work on: [...]
    Overall [...]

Please include other thoughts such as the balance of instruments and how the song is structured.

*I'm not responsible for damaged speakers, hearing nor the loss of hope in music or humanity.

2. IAmWimpLo

IAmWimpLo Member

I like the little wubwubs in it! I like 1:14 and onward. Idk about the high-pitched *tings* from around 0:14, but that may be just me. Nice track overall (coming from a kinda dubstep fan, haha)!

3. Burton

Burton Member

Thanks, those tings are supposed to have a pitch but I guess the other instruments got in the way of it. Thanks for the feedback, I'll replace it with the piano or something ^.^

Does anyone else feel like contributing?