Help with Vajrabhairava

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Technique, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Technique

Technique New Member

Hi All,

Getting back into PAD after years off. Just pulled Vajrabhairava and I am wondering how to trigger the x30 multiplier. Any help would be appreciated.

2. James1605

James1605 Active Member

I'm not sure what you mean by "x30 multiplier". If you're talking about increasing the attack from your monsters, that's not what his leader skill (LS) does. Whenever you match any 3 (or more) orbs, of any type, then, after your regular attacks, you get an extra attack that's 30 times Vajra's attack. It works the same as the LS attack from Echidna, Hino Kagutsuchi, etc.

If you don't already know, if you can evolve Vajra to his Awoken form, his LS attack jumps to 100x. With +'s, that attack can be close to 250K, and a little higher with latent ATK+ awakenings or the right assist.

3. Technique

Technique New Member

Thanks for your help! I can't seem to trigger it, but I'll try again in practice. I am almost certain I got 8 combos and didn't get the x30 attack like shown in this video.

I'll keep trying.

4. James1605

James1605 Active Member

Ah, OK. You didn't mention Anubis before (the other lead in that video). That looks like Reincarnated (REvo) Anubis. If you're using "God of Awe and Fear, Vajrabhairava" and a REvo Anubis friend leader, then, yes, you should get X30 attack at 8 combos (X6 from Vajra and X5 from Anubis). And if you used a skill on that turn, you'd get another X3 from Anubis, for a total of X90.

FWIW, unless I'm missing something basic (wouldn't be the first time :) ), some of the numbers in that video don't seem to make sense. It shows X60 on that last turn, and I think it should be X180. But the video is a year and a half old and it's quite possible that one or both of those leader skills have changed since then.

FYI, floor 2 in that video is an example of a situation where Vajra's X30 leader skill attack comes in handy. That monster had a resolve, but after the regular attacks took it down to one health, Vajra's LS attack finished it off before it could do anything (heal, or hit him with a rage attack, or whatever).

5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The additional x3 ATK from using skills won't showed up on the screen.

Tek7 likes this.
  6. James1605

James1605 Active Member

Ah, thanks for that. I haven't really used leads with an attack boost when you use a skill (despite having Anubis :) ), so I just assumed that it would be included in the displayed multiplier.

7. Technique

Technique New Member

Thanks again for all the help! It makes perfect sense now.