Helper Friend Rant Appreciation

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Cheeseghost, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I know it's been talked about before but it's annoying...I started PAD in August of 2013...I remember when I ran my Ares team bc my box was all fire, I had about 3 ppl who ran Ares on my friend list and I desperately waited all day for them to log in..half my friend list was Odin, amaterasu, and lucifer...anyway...the friending yourself option is fantastic and helps with team building...if you have dupes...and that is my issue..I IAP somewhat heavily and some collabs I just dont have luck...I finally pulled my first cloud yesterday..and I know hes not game breaking but I enjoyed playing around with him...but in a month, most of my friend list wont have him up anymore...Barbara and Julie got updated which I have and a quarter of my 160 friends switched to her...It just sucks that monsters can become partially unusable especially after you chased after them...except for groundbreaking meta cards....and you either trade for a dupe or find the next best thing....anyway....yeah lol...

kandjar and Noc like this.
  2. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Agreed! The friends system in this game straight up sucks. Not just because leads become less available as they go out of fashion, but also if you're looking for a particular set-up (e.g. a few extra resists, a particular active, etc.) Unfortunately, there isn't much of a financial incentive for Gungho to give us a way to use the same card twice. Trying to keep up with friend leads or rolling your own dupe costs magic stones and therefore money (if you're IAP).

Along with the stamina savings from co-op, this is my main reason for having multiple accounts. If I roll something I really like on one account, I can trade on the other knowing that the lead will be available to me whenever I want and with precisely the set-up I need. On Monday, my alt will be trading for B&J for the reason you mentioned.

I feel your pain :(

Cheeseghost likes this.
  3. I_Grok

I_Grok Comb the desert

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I friended you just now. I'll leave my Cloud up - 3 devil killers, Yuna assist for the tape, VDP super - for however long you want.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  4. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I agree with you, and I would also add another point which is also worst to me:

The game will randomly try to find matching friend leader (i.e: "*user* not in your friend list"), but this system has two major flaws:

1 - IT WILL ONLY SEARCH FOR YOUR CURRENT ACTIVE TEAM, if by any chance you started looking for a friend leader with a different team that the one you're want to run it with... well, sad face, no *user* leader will match your team. You have to restart the game with the proper team...
    => A refresh button OR Search matching friend would be more than welcome!!!

2 - The above point is even worst if you need a friend leader which *is* not your leader, for example: you have a 7x6 leader and you're searching for a specific matching leader to run a dungeon, well the game will show you other *user* with the same 7x6 leader.... pointless..
    Or in a recent case of mine, I was running training Arena using Valeria but I needed Base Saber as friend leader.

Trap and Murdurus like this.
  5. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Can't agree with you more, as -you know-, I play rare leads. But I skipped the "this system is annoying" part and jumped straight to the "embrace this system and future-proof my fav leads" step.

The friend system is not good, and there are only 2 things we can do about it :
    1. Hope it'll get re-designed entirely eventually (and maybe reach to GungHo JP (that is considering JP hasn't already complained plenty about it))
    2. Embrace it
    As is, this system give us the possibility to future-proof our leads, by getting a dupe of them. It's RNG dependant, because RNG will never guarantee you'll pull a card twice, or even have the requirements to trade for them, which absolutely sucks (just like the friend system (oh wait)). But ultimately it's our only way of not being sad every months because new cards are added to the game and people stop playing what they play.

I 100% agree it sucks.
    I 100% do.
    But I'm beyond hoping for a redesign and my enjoyment of PAD has skyrocketed since I started future-proofing the leads I like by trading for them.

I'm sorry to be that guy -and again, I 100% feel your frustration, been there experienced that- but there's nothing we can do about it, but this.
    Or reach out to GungHo JP, but I have no idea if it is feasible.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  6. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Thank you, I was just using that as an example..I run obscure leads a decent amount of the time so its difficult someones. .but I also have been playing so long I have lots of dupes...I have a dupe of everything in final fantasy minus noctis And cloud but who knows when it will be back...
    I really think bu allowing us to use 5 or 6 of our friends leads and all of our best friends leads it would be a lot more beneficial and at least they're taking some steps to make it better

YamaKyu likes this.
  7. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Absolutely. Heck, why not use all our slots. That would be yet another easy way to address this issue, but it doesn't seem to be their priority atm and that sucks :<

8. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That would be at least a bandage fix of some sort which I have suggested at some point. It won't fix the underlying issue with the friend issue but it would at least alleviate some of its problems.

I'm really still surprised that the friend system hasn't gotten an overhaul at this point. We can't possibly be the only people who realize that it has some serious flaws. It's been what? 8 years? And the friend system has pretty much remained the same. The three notables changes were: Best Friend being added, 'primary' and 'secondary' slots being able to be used and that using 'user' helper actually had its leaderskill working (no idea why it didn't to begin with). Like I get it, they want people to chase the same monsters everyone else is because that means more money for them and one of the ways of doing that is to limit the amount of shared helpers but it severely affects my enjoyment of the game at times. I'm just lucky enough to have my own Campus Uruka to pair with because I otherwise won't know where I would find one.

9. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Off topic but I pulled a 2nd cloud woo!! Got dupes of everyone except noctis and healthier for the 6 stars!!

YamaKyu likes this.