Hey all, again. How do I build up to the new Meta?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Superpeon, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Superpeon

Superpeon Member

User ID:
    Retired
    Whats up everyone. Retired from PAD 2.5 years ago but recently decided to reinstall just to move some orbs around, it was always a fun time killer. Glad to see the forums are still alive and kicking

I am super confused on the new awakenings, interface, dungeons, and just other options of the game now. Starting over on a new account because I don't have my old one anymore.

So back in the day, a major strategy was to restart until you rolled a decent God to use. Since we got those 100 stones for Xmas, I decided to try out the Heroine 10 stone REM and pulled a couple of Momiji which I'm using now. Is there another strategy I should employ to start rebuilding up to the new meta? Unfortunately, looks like I just missed a good 10 stone +297 REM and players choice REM which probably would've been a good place start.

2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What else did you pull? Momiji is a situational sub and a great assist on the right team, but not a very strong lead. I imagine she would work for early and mid-game content if paired with a Yog , though.

I'm always hesitant to advise re-rolling, but it may be worth considering. Of course, it all depends on what else you have in your box.

As for getting up to speed on changes to the game in 2018, I snagged these links from the PAD sub-reddit:

Puzzle and Dragons New Player Guide - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O3Fh9U7fAosJRXBJNjei6Rhfv37fq9pc7pt16vBWytg/edit

The Missing Manual - https://docs.google.com/document/d/...d4GN8eXWvYMBno6ZsNoyZoz26h7lNyBU_IvXW0gvP/pub

3. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There's not too many good monsters in Heroine for starting players unfortunately. The one that stands out the most is Ilmina and she's still being used to some extent in some form another ever since her release so if you're looking for any kind of long-term use, I would probably attempt to get her.

Uruka is also very good, not just as a leader but for her active skill as well. She also pairs well with Reeche who is very popular so you wouldn't have problems finding friends. The only real problem is that Uruka's leaderskill doesn't need light but need hearts and Reeche doesn't need hearts so you would have to essentially match all 5 colors + hearts to get the full benefits. Alternatively, you can also pair with Edward who is also very powerful at the moment and he only requires you to match combos. Uruka is pretty highly sought after, mostly because there aren't too many actives that ignore damage absorb.

Meridionalis isn't bad but she isn't used too often anymore but she can work.

Over all, I would probably try to get Uruka over Ilmina but it's really based on your personal preference but in terms of over all usefulness, Uruka wins.

4. Superpeon

Superpeon Member

User ID:
    Retired
    thanks for the advice, definitely think I'll re-roll and see if I get lucky on the REM, then probably save the majority of my stones for the next godfest.

also still trying to decide between Athena Non and Ciel. Feel like Athena makes a better sub and Ciel a better leader if I go healer again

5. Superpeon

Superpeon Member

User ID:
    Retired
    rerolled, took Ciel and pulled a Momiji, Navi, and Kushinadahime as my starters with the first few rolls. Think I'll just sit tight for now and wait for another GF before using the rest of the 100 stones :)

6. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ciel is a decent choice as most people went with her so you might be able to find some people who run her. Athena is arguably the strongest lead for starters but not many people chose her because she frankly isn't that powerful in today's meta and is essentially an upgraded version of dark Athena albeit she is more than capable for most things. Zeus is a niche pick and is only slightly better than Verse. So essentially, you really can't go wrong with any of the 3, just mostly depends on what you want.

R.Kushinada is a solid starter but she needs a team of healers which is rather difficult and the other problem she'll likely run into is that there are no one who really runs Kushinada anymore. Ideally, you'd want a leader who is flexible enough to have at least some longevity as well as one that can pair at least decently well with today's meta leads so that running out of friends to run with is not a problem.

7. Noc

Noc Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Since you have to solid healer leads, I would farm some healer subs to fill in the remaining spots in your team. Your two strongest, but most annoying to farm, options are Eir (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4635) and Rushana (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3967). Eir can heal for a ridiculous amount of hp with a match of four hearts, which is nice to have an a team like Ciel's with an hp multiplier (but no RCV multiplier). Eir is also a valuable sub on other teams as well (e.g. DMeta). In addition to generating hearts, her active also removes binds and awoken binds on a reasonable cd. The catch is that her dungeon is pretty awful and that she requires a lot of skill ups. I py'd mine using arena runs and various rainbow pys in the mail. Rushana's biggest value stems from her follow-up-attack (FUA), which is used to deal 1 damage with a column of hearts to finish off enemies with resolve on the same turn. If you lack FUA options, she's also pretty amazing, but really annoying to skill up. Rushana's active isn't as useful, so you'd probably want to inherit something on her. Then of course you have the usual suspects who were probably around before you left: Valk, Aamir, healer girls (Siren, Echidna, etc.). While their stats are terrible and their awakenings aren't the best, the hp and attack boost from Ciel's active would arguably justify running them.

8. Superpeon

Superpeon Member

User ID:
    Retired
    oh didn't know they added that in, that's a cool mechanic. will look into those healers you mentioned, Ciel is definitely a strong starter just by herself, the 144x is no joke