How gungho NA failed again - crows... Err.. Voltron collab

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Tetedeiench, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tetedeiench

Tetedeiench Active Member

And again, gungho fails. Instead of a brand new exclusive collab, with a lot of work being put in balancing things as Antonio said, we get exclusive art ( not that great imho, but I'm not a fan of Voltron to begin with, so that's personal), slapped on an outdated, uninteresting collab, with a few changes that makes cards worse, and even more, leaving out the arguably better cards.

So we're stuck again in a loop of salt. Our customers want dathena ? Let's not talk about that. We announce something huge ? It's a huge disappointment.

Truly, I wonder if they really know what they're doing at that point. It's as if they're trying so hard not to upset the JP player base that they'd rather angry the other community... All because they are first trying to do something for us at the start.

The Voltron failure looks like the following :
    - hey let's give the poor NA players something ! An exclusive collab ! They'll be closer to JP. They missed so many.
    - let's get people happy and announce it, it's BIG !
    - hummmm, what do we do now ? If it is exclusive it'll angry JP... So let's make a reskin. Which one ? Pick any. *Bad pick occurs*. Great !
    - let's do some changes, I said we were working on balance... I don't care if it makes cards worse
    -Announce our collab... Why the salt on NA players base ???

It's really as if they truly wanted to cuddle us, but ended up slapping us because it was the logical thing to do.

Gungho will always amaze me.

2. Lunatic

Lunatic PaD_n00b

User ID:
    Lunatic
    Disclaimer: take everything i say with a grain of salt if someone does disagree with me

1. Don't blame GungHo NA. It could be people in JP holding back announcements of DAth.

2. Again, I'm not sure whether the NA group is all to blame about the poor Voltron collab. I myself am completely fine with a reskin but the fact that the good crow stuff was left out is pretty annoying.

What are you referring to?

3. Tetedeiench

You can replace gungho NA by Gungho as a whole in my post - the NA subsidiary of gungho is just there for communication, you're right.

Something i saw on reddit, and i have to admit i failed to verify : In a stream, they said balancing the voltron collab was supposedly hard and being under progress. If it is just a reskin, i wonder what has been so hard, really.

4. Hoi_C

Hoi_C New Member

User ID:
    I stopped watching right after they said they were not announcing Dathena. Don't give a shit about Voltron. So fuck u GungHo. Dath or GTFO.

5. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

I like how when Voltron was first announced a lot of people said that they should just make it a recolor of a JP exclusive collab and it'd be fine. and now that they did exactly that there's still people raging xD THIS is why you can't have nice things in NA.

Fizzydrink, Iluvatar, graps and 9 others like this.
  6. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

We're "raging" because our consolation prize is insulting.

We were hoping for a couple truly standout subs and maybe an exceptional (but not meta-shaking) leader.

There isn't a single card in the entire Voltron collab that I would consider using as a sub even in the most absurdly nichey niche-niche of ways. And as far as leads go, we got a 3rd (maaaaaaybe 2nd) tier card.

Every time I look at the new JP collab cards, I get a major jealousy boner. The Voltron collab just gave me erectile dysfunction.

And the art is pretty bad. It's like it was drawn in the dark by my Michael J. Fox.

Voltron was GH's chance to extend NA an olive branch. What we got was the stick they used to flick the dried shit off their boots. And you're telling us, "What? You got a stick like you asked for? Why are you complaining?"

I hope Godzilla rises from the ocean and forces you to watch while he rapes and curb stomps Hello Kitty.

It's rare to see so much smugness and ignorance stuffed into such a tiny, little man.

mtb911, nickjr, Exoxist and 2 others like this.
  7. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

not all collabs are game-breaking though and even in JP a lot of them are purely to lure people to roll for the art. also who knows if they might do a Voltron part2, there's some really good cards in that Crows collab. like that dark card with the Fujin active that's a perfect inherit for...oh.
    but also look at what this implicates. maybe this is a way for Gungho to finally work around the licencing issue and for them to start regularly releasing NA collabs that are reskins of formerly JP exclusive collabs. instead of looking forward to that people insult the art and aren't the least bit thankful. :( I think Voltron is a massive step forward in the right direction.

8. andylkpark

andylkpark Member

Simple: In their yearly financial report, revenue comes greatly from JP than from the western.

9. ronmoho

ronmoho Well-Known Member

The artworks pain me greatly but aside from that I'm fine with it, they're pretty much a reskin of Crows collab, still miss a lot of cards but what can you expected from a series with just handful characters, Voltron could have split ult but nope, actually they should make them a descend collab drop instead. But seriously, please redo the robot art, it's painful to look at.

10. Fomalhaut

Fomalhaut Artemis is the #onetruegoddess

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Stop complaining,salty folks, and think about us EU creeps,who will never have Voltron or anything else because we are the bastard child of the bastard child of the PAD world :D

11. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Voltron is strictly worse than Aizen, and the collab cards are such a garbage fire I literally thought at first they were the dungeon cards and not the actual R.E.M. So, yeah, lulz and salt for days. Gunhgo not being able to tell that's the way it would be received when it's blindingly obvious, is a huge indication the game is off the rails, lost and blindly fumbling.

Not really vexed because I'm moving on. Log in for daily stones, maybe the occasional play or two, but not even bothering to clear whatever in time if any given one-shot or c10 is extra trolly annoying or requires retarded devinyan/baddie trash.

Powercreep has rendered 95% of the dungeons boring easy stupid, and the remaining 5% are ever more troll filled lame nonsense.

It was a good run though, for a casual game. I did genuinely enjoy my time here, as much for the forum community as the game.
    All good things come to an end.

12. Tetedeiench

At least the challenge dungeons keep things interesting. Like the current C10, it was fun (and hard) to achieve a 0 stone clear with Aizen. Bringing ganesha inherited on dmeta and grodin inherited on a tengu was key.

Without my current box, it would not have been fun at all though.

So i guess that if the older dungeons are laughably easy, try to enjoy the challenges and teambuilding that comes with it.

13. Tetedeiench

Why don't they try to change that ?

Moreover : why did they launch in NA if it wasn't to make revenue out of it ?

14. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure this is A) not the collab people had in mind when they said they wanted a reskin and B) it's not even the better parts of the collab that was reskinned. I suspected this would happen the minute they mentioned that YamaP was concerned with balancing the collab to fit in within PaD as a whole, since gungho JP's version of balance across servers seems to consist in preferential treatment toward JP. JP whines constantly and it has yet to impact them negatively as far as we can tell. Gungho NA should take the fact that we're still around as a sign of good faith, and at least pretend to care about the quality of the cards we're getting. This almost justifies the D. Athena whining because at least she's good and accessible.
    I'm not fond of this line of argument. The fact that Europe gets treated even worse in no way justifies NA's treatment. We're both on the same side in all of this. Realistically, we can justifiably be disappointed by what we got and you should justifiably be even more disappointed. But you should be complaining about the asymmetries between JP and EU, not NA and EU. Our getting a consolation prize, in no way detracts from the absurd asymmetries between JP and everyone else.

Songlian, nickjr, Exoxist and 4 others like this.
  15. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

this is probably their last attempt to try to make some money out of NA and if this doesn't work they finally shut down the server for good HUEHUE

16. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    Or they can really shock us all by merging the servers and tossing in a language setting ;)

mtb911, Fizzydrink, PDF3 and 3 others like this.
  17. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    This collab is insulting, not enticing. Way to go out with a bang.

I do feel the day is near that an announcement will come that the NA servers are shutting down in T minus ...

18. symplecto

symplecto (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Staff Member

User ID:
    I think the majority of us EU players appreciate that it does not make financial sense for GH to pay additional licensing fees to cover the 1500 or so players on our server.

Fomalhaut, ArmYgeddon and nickjr like this.
  19. Exoxist

Exoxist Master Chief

PADherder:
    link
    When you're expecting an exclusive collab, you want the Snickers bar that JP is enjoying right? Well the one they gave us is at the bottom of a pile of shit you have to wade through. But hey, you still got a Snickers bar so shut up and don't complain.

Logic not found.

I haven't ever cared for Voltron and won't roll in it at all, but man I feel really bad for the people that have been looking forward to it.

Songlian likes this.
  20. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

not all collabs that JP gets are broken and the Bleach collab being one of the most OP ones NA actually already got. maybe your expectations were just wrong.

aFireBlaze and Flandre like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.