How is the new skill ups process better?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Roland, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am just not using it right I guess. Maybe I just don't have any mats to use, but basically I just see a box with all of the cards I need skill up and have to click on it to see if I have the mats.

Maybe it is odd this way because I have pi's, but doesn't seem to help me know I have mats or not.

2. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Go play some cross leads you cowards :p

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Itprevent mistakes I'ld say ? With the new system you can only pick card that are not already max-skill so it makes it easier to pick the card you want (max-skilled cards won't show up). It also gives you a button to fuse only stuff that will skill-up your card so you don't fuse something else by mistake.

There isn't much more about it I think, you just can't miss-fuse stuff anymore. Granted you miss-fused stuff before ~

Ultraduck likes this.
  3. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It is easier to skill up things and prevent mess-ups. It also allows you to see all the monsters that you haven't skilled up yet as opposed to having to look through a random mish-mash of monsters that are skilled and unskilled. Of course, I don't really skill things up often but when I do, I'm sure it's easier and better.

Ultraduck and BurningMan like this.
  4. Hansey

Hansey Destined to never own a single Haku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My biggest problem with the skillup system has always been when some random card drops in a dungeon and I have to figure out whether I actually have the card that it skills up... that takes more time for me than anything else. It would be heaven if they could come up with a way to easily show this information. I dunno, maybe when you hold your finger on the skill and it brings up that small box that tells you how many turns it is at max, it could also show cards that also have that skill, greyed out if you don't have it, or highlighted if you do? Just a thought.

YamaKyu likes this.
  5. James1605

James1605 Active Member

And they seem to have "broken" the Skill sort in the regular Fusion option. I got a drop today that I knew skilled up monster X, which was already max-skilled, but I thought that I might have another monster with the same skill. So I tried selecting X for fusion and then sorting the materials by skill and, well, I don't know what I got, but it definitely didn't start with the monsters with the same skill (like the one that had just dropped). Really annoying.

Of course I could select the monster that dropped for fusion instead, but, in this case, selecting X happened to be easier, and it's just annoying when something that used to work doesn't work anymore, for no good reason (IMO).

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  6. James1605

James1605 Active Member

OK, I think I figured it out. The old Fusion option does have a bug in it. At least, I'm guessing that this was not intentional. From what I can tell ...

When you select a single material box and try to sort by Skill, the game does not update the sort to use the skill for the current monster.

If you have used "Add Many" at some point since you started the game and sorted that by skill, then sorting the single material selection by skill uses that skill. For example, if you select Hera > Add Many > Skill, then monsters with Ultra Gravity, and dark pys and king tans, will be at the top (as they should be). If you then select Hera-Sowilo for fusion, but select a single material box, you'll still have the same monsters at the top (Ultra Gravity, etc.). This is especially confusing when you see pys and king tans that are the wrong color. :)

If you haven't used "Add Many" since you started the game and select a single material box and sort by skill, I think it's sorting by skill number, descending (so the most recent skills (from MTG) are at the top, and monsters with no AS are at the bottom).

Hopefully they'll get that fixed eventually, but, for now, the basic solution is to always use "Add Many", or at least use that first. Or, of course, you can use the skill-up option in the Enhancements menu. To be honest, I hadn't really looked at that until just now. I just used the old method, which worked fine for me (until this hiccup). Now that I look at the Enhancements skill-up, I am reminded that you can't select single materials there. It has a "Select ..." button where the normal fusion has "Add Many", and you have to use that button. That probably explains what happened to the regular fusion. The Enhancements skill-up fusion only has one way to select materials, so it only has one sort option to change, and somehow that was carried over to the regular fusion, and the single material selection doesn't properly change the sort anymore.

Honestly, now that I've looked at it, the Enhancements skill-up is probably a better option, since it shows the skill-up level, but I still think that they should fix the regular fusion. Telling it to sort by skill and then getting the wrong skill is only going to confuse people.

7. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I like that I can now find which need to be skilled up, just wish I knew if I had the mat to perform the skill up as some highlight or color variance in the display. I would also think it better if the mats such as Pi's were NOT considered or were maybe another color mod to the display. Actually, I would LOVE this as a feature.