How many Dios(es) should I max skill?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by D1m3TR1, Oct 24, 2016.

1. D1m3TR1

D1m3TR1 non-IAP scrub

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just finished my third yesterday, wondering if it's necessary to do a fourth. thanks!

2. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The only dungeons where a 4th Dios would come into play are Z8 side B, and possibly Devil Rush. It's simpler to make do with whatever other green changers you have lying around for that 4th slot. Not worth the trouble to make a 4th Dios.

3. D1m3TR1

D1m3TR1 non-IAP scrub

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    cool, not gonna bother with the 4th then cause I can solo Z8 & Devil rush consistently (devil is the easiest of the Rushes by FAR imo).

4. SamS

SamS ham

fourth one is luxury for when you want to farm easy dungeons with more than 6 floors quickly. it's nice to have but not necessary, so you can work on other things first.

Arranging and D1m3TR1 like this.
  5. D1m3TR1

D1m3TR1 non-IAP scrub

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    true, I had the same thought after i posted my reply above lol. although I can clear Z8 consistently, it still takes more time than would be ideal. Devil Rush is still a joke either way though haha

6. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    the correct answer is 4 - N, where N equals the number of drakes or gonias you have and if you are not lazy like me.

D1m3TR1, Arranging and Dunamos like this.
  7. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Gonia can be used with A. LB?

8. Dunamos

Dunamos Just zis guy, you know?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As a sub, sure. Like Drake, she's a bi-color green board changer, and on all but the hardest floors a 9-orb green row does plenty enough damage. Initially I only skilled 3 Dios and used my Drake as the 4th, and normally used him on an early easy floor.

Plus if (unlike me ;)) you can combo, Drake/Gronia lets you get past combo shields, if you're not set up for the Vaan trick.

9. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    check my signature, all the related ALB information is there, builds, subs, dungeon skill plans, friend leads and more

D1m3TR1 likes this.
  10. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ah, cool! I have Gonia, and a dupe LB, so I don't have to get rid of my current max skilled one.

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to skill four Dioses anyway, since he's so stubborn to skill up.

Dunamos likes this.
  11. Aurelius

Aurelius Well-Known Member

User ID:
    345 170 218
    PADherder:
    link
    I would also add Verdandi to the list of other flex subs, especially because of the heal. I use her often with my usual partners.

D1m3TR1, Dunamos and Revelate like this.
  12. Revelate

Revelate Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Yeah I can definitely see Verdandi; not that farming a slew of gold keepers was that intensive on Bamboo, I skipped over ALB because of all the pre-empts but I could've just slotted verd in there for floor 3 and easy breezy beautiful covergirl! One trivial solve vs. 6 trivial ones.

Thanks for the tip on that!

13. SamS

SamS ham

I farmed 20+ gold keepers yesterday with alb. Just slot in any heal or something and you'll be good to go. 3 dios and a.ama, ceres, raph or even grodin would work. the other side doesn't even need to bring anything special.

If neither side has ANY of those, then just dios, then pop one or two alb actives (his active also heals), then swipe.

14. Revelate

PADherder:
    link
    Will say that 4x and probable future 5x made it way less painful than people make it out to be... though I'm used to old school grinding that crap out so my opinion is decidedly skewed :). Also I built ALB later than most people did (couple weeks back) and 4x was a recent introduction at that point.

See how you feel after skilling 3, 4 is a luxury I agree but it might not be that bad. I have to skill up Avalon drake and I'm looking forward to that way less than I did multiple Dioses... Dog dragons are one of my 3 least favorite farms =/. Sadly I don't know why I didn't manage to ms AD eariler, I ran most of them hard for the puppies, maybe I skipped that one.

kaylathehedgehog likes this.
  15. Revelate

PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, I haven't used ALB all that much since I simply tore through everything with YY but am a recent convert. Am sure there are plenty of tricks I'm missing still.