How to build Ilm's team?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Murdurus, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just pulled Ilm in this godfest and I have 5 Leilans and 3 Gadiuses available to me, what should the ideal Ilm team be? Should I just throw in 4 A.Leilans or 3 A.Leilans and a Gadius? I also have a variety of other light and red monsters that can potentially work in the team but I figure Leilan and Gadius dupes are at the top of the list of subs.

Or should I just say forget about her? I haven't really seen her used recently and even when she was being used, it was mostly for ranking dungeons.

2. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ideal team is hard to say but 3x a Leilan plus Gadius sounds solid, obviously you might want to inherit a delay or shield as needed.
    Ilm is pretty cool for farming stuff since his leader skill is easy to activate without much brain Power.

He is pretty similar to aizen in playstyle, both can blow shit up without much active use and can tank very well with their rcv multipliers. Although aizen is obviously better for a number of reasons

3. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I love my Ilm!! So much fun to play. I usually pair her up with my Alt's Tsubaki team, and since her team is focused on Fire cards mine are all Light cards (guarantees both orb makers available).

Some people play her Fire and some play her Light or a mix of both. Just depends on your box. I play the light side. I picked cards that would give me the most yellow rows and TPA. Here is my team with inherents:

Kanna is my unbindable card. Make sure you have a unbindable because that is one of Ilm's weaknesses, no bind immunity or clearing ability. That is why I put my A.Amaterasu on Kanna who is unbindable. Kanna is my TPA dmg dealer too, she does insane amounts of dmg output even though I have not 297'd her yet. If you don't have Kanna, there is Ariel and Sakuya, who both do TPA dmg. Also Baal or Ra can fill that spot too. Baal would add rows which are useful to Ilm.

As for the rest of the team, I picked Tifa for her rows and shield and put a sky fall on her. Both Wukong and Baal were chosen for their rows/SB. I happen to have 2 Sarias so I inherented them both into the team, because ideally a Saria board either:

1) makes enough light that I can make 1-2 rows + TPA
    2) make 2-3 TPA and a red row
    3) enough red and hearts that I can use Tifa to covert hearts to light and do option 1 or 2
    4) enough hearts to bind clear without having to use Kanna's AS.
    5) haste

Not sure what light cards you have in your box but Gadius and Leilan are great picks for a Fire based Ilm team. I would throw a Yamato in there to convert Leilan's wood orbs to fire and a heart breaker for Gadius.

Have fun!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Knomraski and Murdurus like this.
  4. Nekrabyte

Nekrabyte Tooooo Blue

User ID:
    Nekrabyte 336,730,373
    Try leader pairing with ilmina. The 7x6 board is amazing for the leader skill. And once she gets her buff she will be a REALLY strong option.

5. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Coloring book Sakuya out of pal points machine is solid as a straight base card unbindable bind break, as inheriting Ama isn't usually up on t1 and-or when you want to roll solo. The gravity isn't useless on the occasional perserverance, which is Ilms other questionable spot after binds. It's too easy to skyfall into mega damage, so at least think about inheriting a delay somewhere.

6. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Funny you mentioned that because I completed 5x4 Ultimate Endless last night with Ilmina as my friend; it's cheating, I know, but I don't even care. I did end up going with Gadius/A.Leilan/A.Leilan/A.Leilan though, just board changers out the wazoo.

After making my post, I didn't think about the popular pairing between Minerva and Ilm, so I think I might have to give it a try at some point or another to see the potential of the team. She's definitely pretty fun to play with, at least with my current team.

7. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'll tell you a secret: I cleared all the 5x4's (coin ones included) with Tifa when she came out. And I don't feel guilty about it either. :cool:

Murdurus likes this.
  8. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i pair mine with minerva (or my minerva with an ilm) for brainless clears using a fire row team

9. Chartreux

Chartreux Member

another vote for using it as a sub for Minerva, works good. I have a shield on mine...