How to farm Z8 like a REAL MAN with MZeus and Dioses

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by ViewtifulGene, Dec 15, 2016.

1. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Z8 farm builds are a dime a dozen for Liu Bei, Cao, Mathena, MZeus, etc. But this is the best method I know of in terms of speed, effort required in-dungeon, and REM requirements. One side is entirely farmable and the other requires one of many REM inherits on all farmable bases.

Here is an example of team, and before you jump down my throat about Byr, I will tell you that she is not essential.

Inherits are filler on all but Byr and Crusader. Byr as an AOE nuke for the Dragon Seeds and Crusader has fixed damage for Z8 phase 1.

I'll give you the turn-by-turn playbook so you can understand exactly what is required, then I'll go into ghetto substitutions. Sit tight, please. I know most don't have Another Crusader or Byr laying around.

F1- Host uses AOE nuke. ARa, Rodin (Tamazo), Vritra, Late Bloomer, or Famiel/Lumiel is fine. You only need to deal 14,100 damage.
    F2- Host does a yellow prong, a green or purple mass attack, or any quick match that would hit all targets. If using Rodin (Tamazo), you can just match 5 red orbs.
    F3- Guest uses Chinbowdra (Ruph) and then Dios.
    F4- Host uses Dios.
    F5- Guest kills without actives. Yellow prong and a couple other combos will work.
    F6- Host uses Anji.
    F7- Host does a yellow or purple prong.
    F8- Guest does anything that would hit all 3 Predras. 3 green orbs or 4 yellow would suffice.
    F9- Host uses Dios
    F10- Guest uses fixed damage attack on a green card. Ra, unawoken Minerva, Honjo from Kenshin collab, Jize, or Famiel/Lumiel is OK.
    F11- Guest uses both Zeus gravities and Dios.

The Dioses are non-negotiable for this team. They should be max ATK for consistency. Anji is also non-negotiable. His AOE nuke plus guard null is irreplaceable. He also needs at least 25 ATK eggs for consistency.

Cosmo Crusader in my screen can be replaced with any green card with 2+ SB. Tengu is a farmable example, but you need the card to be green so that it contributes to the boss kill shot. Bei and Perseus are options you may have laying around if you can't be assed to farm a Tengu or Crusader.

Byr can be replaced with anything that has 2 SB and can carry a nuke with effective cooldown below 18. Rodin Tamazo is the best farmable example. ARa or Vritra can be used straight up if you have either laying around.

If possible, try to have some sparkles of any color on whoever carries the seed nuke; these will indirectly boost the damage of your partner's boss kill shot. Enhanced orbs of any color will become green when Dios is used, and a sparkle or 2 can differentiate killing Z8 or leaving him at 5% without skyfalls. For this build, Rodin Tamazo arguably is better than the real Rodin, because his red sparkles ultimately give your Dios board a boost. Either Myr is also a good base, due to her 3 sparkles and low cooldown.

Ruph can theoretically be swapped for a 1-turn damage void like Ganesha, but it is not ideal. You want 2 turns of invincibility, in case both the pirate and samurai swipe at you.

Shoutouts to @aFireBlaze for providing the first recorded example I am aware of for a Moose + Dios farm build for Z8, and to ZZ Dent from Line for refining the formula. My contribution to this is minimal. I basically just tried to tweak ZZ'S adapted build so that it would require less REM. I'm just a messenger that made a ghetto team a little more ghetto.

Happy hunting and let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    aFireBlaze and Arranging like this.
  2. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Real men use a poodle with lipstick my ass...

aFireBlaze likes this.
  3. aFireBlaze

aFireBlaze Triggered People are what feeds me treats :^)

User ID:
    :MingRen:
    While it's not as lazy and fast(please correct me if I'm wrong) as the method I provide, it's always nice for people like youto not shitpost in a whileto spread the word about how to still be efficient in Z8 + other guides.

EDIT: Reading more carefully it utilizes a nuke for the first floor to be slightly faster. Very clever you guys. Only issue is making some combos but that's perfectly fine.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  4. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There are some small improvements in this build over the one in your video. There is no matching on the Dragon Seeds, and therefore no deaths because somebody flubbed a mass attack and didn't have enough coffee. Also, no time wasted sitting through a team swap animation between Z8's two forms.

aFireBlaze likes this.
  5. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    TMI

6. aFireBlaze

aFireBlaze Triggered People are what feeds me treats :^)

User ID:
    :MingRen:
    I'll post the version of what he mentioned of my build.