How to Wukong [Community]

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by bangbang, Aug 28, 2014.

1. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

Wukong!
    [​IMG]
    and some Divinegon
    [​IMG]

Friend listing below!

This post aims first and foremost to attract a community of Wukong team users. To that end, on the first page I'll lay the ground work for making a wukong team (a bit like a traditional guide). I have no intention for this to become some uber list with minor commentary of every feasible monster. Secondly, I'll do my best to gather a compedium of videos of dungeons cleared with Wukong teams. Most importantly I'd like to create a home for general discussion on Wukong teams.

For those who stopped by to quickly get an idea of what team to run, I'll put this up front.

When making a wukong team you are balancing big burst damage (cards like thor or orb enhancers) every floor damage (primarily through row enhancers) control through orb changers, and survival.

What's that? You don't have a single REM card in this game? That's okay. Try this.

But really, there isn't a single ideal team. I'll list the top tier and second tier options below. But don't live and die by some REM card you don't have. Fuma and Thor are probably the most valuable bench options currently in NA. [Edit: this is a slightly outdated statement. After Wukong's ultimate evolution, thor is a bit less important. Baal and DQXQ are excellent subs for Fuma,] Other orb changers and damage enhancers can substitute (and sometimes are superior options). So lets get on with it.

Two primary leader options:
    Wukong
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] and [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Min turns: 8
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Leader skill: Attack multiplier on all cards when clearing 6+ connected light orbs. x3 for 6, x3.5 for 7 and x4 for 8.

Divinegon
    Light cards ATK x1.3 for 2 turns, Light damage to all enemies equal to ATK x20. Min turns: 9 (Why isn't this 8 like the RBG ones?)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Leader skill: Attack multiplier on all cards when clearing 5+ connected light orbs. x2.5 for 5, x3 for 6

These leaders are designed for monolight spiking; plane and simple. Live and die by your light damage. While Wukong is generally the preferred choice for his superior leader skill and orb changing active, Divinegon does have a roll. If you have a great bench for a Wukong team, but lack Wukong, I strongly encourage you to try a Divinegon team. I'll highlight success of Divinegon teams in the videos below.

Alternative Leader and Friend Options:
    TAMADRApurin
    Light ATK x2 for 1 turn, Light damage to one enemy equal to ATK x30. Min turns: 11
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Leader skill: ATK x3.5, RCV x0.5

Princess Valkitty
    Delay enemies 1 turn. Min turns: 8
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Leader skill: ATK x4 when a skill is used

Superman
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] to the entire board. Min turns: 9 (one better than apocalypse)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Leader skill: ATK x3.5 when HP > 50%

Souther
    Change 3rd column from the right into Light orbs. Change middle row into Light orbs. Min turns: 11
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Leader skill: ATK x3 when clearing 6 connected orbs

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    AgentBonkers likes this.
  2. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

Bench
    Reason to choose something to be on your bench:
    1) Orb changing (mainly making light orbs)
    2) Row Enhances (For damage)
    3) Active Skill for damage
    4) Some other niche
    I'll order the monsters within each section by usefulness.

Your standard wukong bench will be 1) Orb changer, 2) Orb Changer, 3) Damage Enhancer, 4) Optional
    Typically those orb changers are of the 5 turn variety (if you wukong(s) are skilled up you get more flexibility). It's hard to define 1 ideal team, even for a given dungeon. My default is an orb changers delight (Valk, Verche, and Fuma) with Thor as the damage enhancer. But that varies often. I won't make an exhaustive list below, just highlight the most common options.

Double Light Row Enhance
    In time I hope to come back and crunch some numbers and give examples of the power of light row enhance. Trying to 1 shot zeus in king of the gods? This will likely make or break you~ as in many other places. Below are the only double light row enhance options. Single light row enhance is common, and can be the reason why you choose a specific member (e.g. Fuma > Verche in part for that reason). Edit: Seems like with every batch of ultimate evolutions new cards get moved here. Not as rare as it once was.

Wukong
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] and [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Min turns: 8
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Particularly since his UEVO, Wukong is a top tier bench option.

DQ[XQ]

What doesn't she do? Top tier sub. If you have her, she's on your wukong team and a high priority to plus egg.

Thor
    Light cards ATK x1.5 for 3 turns. Min turns: 9
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Pick your UVO of choice. (Personally I take the light one to just barely make a few HP requirements, but it's a very minor difference).

Baal
    4 turn counter, [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Min turns: 8
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    When I want to go 4 orb changers, Baal makes the team.

Lemon Dragon
    Recover 3000 HP,[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Min turns: 6
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Not a bad choice.

Divinegon
    Light cards ATK x1.3 for 2 turns, Light damage to all enemies equal to ATK x20. Min turns: 9
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Poor man's Thor on the bench. Although if you can max skill him, the difference isn't that great. Near identical stats and awakenings. Slightly less multiplier for 1 less turn. And his active attack hits all enemies rather than 1 for about double the damage.

Triple Light Row Enhance
    Venus

Mini CTW + Light Orb Enhance Min turns: 5
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    What a beast.

Light Orb Makers
    Right now Fuma and Valk serve as the bread and butter of orb changers. Wukong+Valk is ideal for a boss spike. Red proves the hardest color for a light team to get a handle on. [Edit, I'm finding myself using DQXQ more often than Fuma if I have to use just one. They are both top Tier).
    Fuma
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Min turns: 5
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Physical type means you are sacrificing some RCV while gaining HP. Only 5 turn orb changer with a row enhance.

Valkyrie
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Active pairs very nicely with Wukong or DQXQ turning the board approximately 2/3rds light. Ideal for achieving massive spikes. I prefer to do big spikes this way over Superman or Apoc+another orb changer.

DQ[XQ]
    With 2 max skilled Wukongs and DQXQ you have a heart maker 3 out of every 8 turns.

Apollo
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Min turns: 8
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Not really my favorite orb changer, but a reasonable option.

Verche
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Somewhat poor synergy with Wukong. However, we live and die by light orbs, so don't neglect verche as a team option.

Arthur
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] and [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] Min turns: 7
    Access to skill ups means Arthur gets consideration. These riders have one of the oddest orb changes in the game. However his awakenings make him worth considering over Verche, despite the slower skill timer.

Souther
    Turn specified column and row into [​IMG] (potentially making 10 light orbs). Min turns: 11
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Requires Shynpy to skill up.

Shin
    Spawn 7 random [​IMG] Min turns: 10
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Requires Shynpy to skill up.

A word on heart making orb changers
    The best heart makers are 2 max skilled wukongs with a max skilled DQXQ on the bench. However, if you don't have those or that won't be enough, I prefer Lemon dragon, Fuu, angelion, CoC healer (in that order) for a pure heart making option. Fuu and lemon dragon are the stand out top tier options here.

3. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

Active Spikers
    Lets simply start with all the light orb Enhancers
    Unicorn / Hera S. / Athena / L. Zhuge / Takem / Sagirin / Regulus / Genie / Venus

It's not a bad idea to have one of these options available for extreme spiking the boss (particularly if you use divinegon).

Thor
    Light cards ATK x1.5 for 3 turns. Min turns: 9
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Second time he's made the bench list.

TamadraPurin
    Light cards ATK x2 for 1 turns. Min turns: 11
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Izanagi
    God cards ATK x2 for 1 turns. Min turns: 8
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Remember, he only enhances gods.

Sandalphon
    Healer cards ATK x2.5 for 2 turns and 35% damage reduction. Min turns: 15
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Thanks to @Kurii for this suggestion. Wukong isn't a healer, but the other 4 memebers could easily be (Sandal, Valk, Venus, DQXQ for example).

Outside the Box Options
    If you have these cards, they are worth considering for specific dungeons

Suzaku
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] to the entire board. Min turns: 9
    Pairs best with Fuma, maybe DQXQ

Genbu
    Pairs best with Fuma, Verche, or both

Superman
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Pairs best with Wukong or Baal

Raphael
    [​IMG] to the entire board. Min turns: 8
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Requires Valk, prefers a light orb enhancer as well. (Now a double row enhancer too)
    Some uber quick math on the Raphael Bomb(TM). 10,000 [ATK] * 16[Leaders] * 3[Orb Enhance] * 2 [Rows] * 7.75 [Full Board] * 1.5 [Thor active] = 11 Million damage.

Indra
    75% damage reduction for 3 turns. Min turns: 15
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Can take the pressure off of dealing all the light damage all the time. Best skill lock resist option.

Light Meta
    Bind and HP recovery. Min turns: 6
    Can take the optional spot if you want the recovery. More importantly used as a tool to get around lethal binds.

Venus
    Move orbs freely for 10 seconds. Min turns: 13
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    For ensuring you achieve peak damage. Perhaps the 10 second CTW still has a niche, but this venus is really outclassed by L/B Venus now.

Kurii likes this.
  4. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

Miscellaneous

Speed farming Star Vault

This concept obviously works with a wukong team. It's about as fast as you could possibly farm here for plus eggs.

Ideal board Setups
    With more enemies absorbing under a certain combo count, mastering this is very important. If you'd like to farm defoud skill ups for the above video, you'll make your living creating and executing the 6 combo set ups under the Hero Gods heading. Note that the multipliers listed are for 5 rows.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  5. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

Weekday Mythical

Friday:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  6. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

Normal/Technical Descended
    [​IMG]

There are really a lot of options for dealing with this dungeon. Just be sure you can pierce neptune's defense.

[​IMG]
    Yup yup

[​IMG]

What's that, a divinegon team?

[​IMG]

Walk in the park. An orb enhancer ensures 1HKO on valk. Orb changer ready on turn one is the most important consideration.

[​IMG]
    You'll want an orb changer ready turn one. You can do a bit more of a finesse build if you want. Or just blitz through it.

[​IMG]

I spent far too long in here farming for jewels of wood. It's not too bad, just know which enemies you can take hits from. I like all orb changers, or 3 orb changers and Divinegon or thor to ensure plenty of damage on the last 2 waves.

[​IMG]

This dungeon is a cake walk for a wukong team. It's not unreasonable to just clear the 6 waves in 6 turns and be done with it. However that is far from necessary. On waves 1-5 simply stall until the turn before you get hit, pop an orb changer if necessary then kill. On wave 6 you'll need Satan dead before he uses World's end after 3 turns. 6.7 million HP feels like 3.3 million HP since he's dark. Not too tough.

[​IMG]

Found a few highly plus egged videos. Good ole Leon Chow has a Divinegon team up as well. There's lots of combinations that work here. Some spiker is needed for the boss.

[​IMG]

Low HP threshold but high recovery likely needed here, making L. Meta a sub to consider. Ra can be solid choice for the ifrit wave. And if you don't have an REM choices, you can still win.

[​IMG]

Doing it with 3 wukongs! (for no apparent reason). Divinegon/Wukong with Unicorn/Verche/Valk/Baal Or perhaps you prefer DQXQ? A speed run with Ra

Lots of ways to do this.
    Stage 1: stall until the last countdown timer. Pop any orb changer and 1HKO. Stage 2, assuming you aren't breaking the defense, this is going to take 4 turns to kill. (potentially 3 with divinegon or if we get a wukong UVO). A heart maker makes it much easier. Use it right after his -99%hp attack (first turn under 50% HP). Stall early on to make sure its ready. A skilled up wukong works here or a lemon dragon. Angelion isn't a bad back up plan. CoC healer if you are desperate. Stage 3, no reason with some orb changers you can't kill this sucker before he hits you. If you have thor you can pop him. Stage 4: I prefer Wukong+Valk+Thor for the 1HKO. There are plenty of other combinations to accomplish this. Many people seem to prefer the safety of an orb enhancer.

[​IMG]

Fun dungeon for a wukong team.
    (If you are bored, might as well max skill a takemwhatever, right?) Remember, Verche and Fuma are worthless here. But there are many team compositions that'll see you safely through this dungeon. Or maybe you prefer a 1/2 full bench.

[​IMG]

I went through this dungeon again just for kicks a few hours ago. Genbu invaded on the second floor, and my skill lock resist connected. I think it'd be smart to focus on some 100% skill lock resist teams if you are jewel farming. Anyway, my team was a standard Valk/Verche/Fuma/Thor. Ra or Bane may be a good choice if you want to make stage 3 a bit easier (depending on who shows up).
    Here's a sample run

[​IMG]

Light Izanami. Dark Izanami. Light Izanami. And Divinegon.

[​IMG]

Here's a vid of a full +297 raging through the dungeon. Just before typing this I went through this dungeon with Valk+Verche+Fuma+Thor. If skill lock resist kicks in on the last stage, it's a fairly easy dungeon. If it doesn't, then you've got 2 turns of healing your arse off. Here's a video of a less plus egged team using dragon rider and divinegon.

[​IMG]
    Going with a light team on a 10 turn light absorb boss is playing on hard mode.

[​IMG]
    Still trying to figure out the most stable build here. Overly plus egged team. And a divinegon, unicorn team. Lastly a bit more traditional build.

[​IMG]
    Best I've been able to find. Stalling on Ares is killer.

[​IMG]
    This dungeon is uniquely hard for a wukong team, purely due to the boss stage. Sopdet has the < 5 combo absorb, which with practice experienced, row team users should be beating most of the time. The real problem is how easy it is to kill Thoth (dark element) and Sopdet on the same turn. The answer shown here is nothing fancy. Choose to 1 shot with wukong+valk+orb enhancer (or maybe Thor instead). One more note, the Ra stage is easier if you don't bring too diverse a set of sub elements.

And a tip of the hat to @ZombehzBrains for the banner image!

[​IMG]

Under 2 minutes? No problem. Here's a slight variation. And Divinegon never goes out of style.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    ZombhezBrains likes this.
  7. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  8. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

9. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

Wukong 9 Wukong 9

10. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

Forum NameGame NameID NumberLeadersAdditional Notes
    bangbangbangbangPF332,430,299 Hypermax
    randomn0tionrooo2302,546,294
    akaiakai@pf303,152,225
    SelesSeles345,459,229
    MoonwalkMoonwlk@PF379,062,251Hypermax
    Infinity1176Jeff@PF338,108,334
    Puzzled dragon`-´)⊃━☆@PF322,475,216
    ZombhezBrainsZombhez@PF337,351,234
    AgentBonkersBonkers385,920,369
    FirenmageFirenmage377,028,362
    Sricky121Ricky310, 347,345
    PurpleRhinoKegan345,874,283
    claresilver47Silver367,084,285
    DerpinatorDerpinator374,010,307
    afelcansDaWalrus311,646,379
    Shift17Shift@PF351,563,252
    axlpowaaxlpowa@PF399,991,283Hypermax
    SmoogymoogyPA/F376,540,262
    hookfanghookfang350,318,382
    If you'd like to be added, please post your information in one line so I can just copy and past it into the table (I'll add the formatting).

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  11. Dlacsjwh

Dlacsjwh Member

User ID:
    Ugghhh. You got the jump on me... Wu Kong is going to be my main hero team as soon as I get Thor...hopefully this fest!

Here are some of other subs that I think are good for Wu Kong here in NA.

DQXQ - only light monster other than Cinnamoroll that touches red. Light row, SKB , and enhance time! Can be now skilled up!

Leilan - Light row, SKB. Leilan->Fuma is the most reliable boss burst Wu Kong has in NA.

Mei Mei - Same but not as good.

Arthur- Lack of Skill ups hurt his potential in NA but still combined with Mei Mei, can be powerful.

Apollo - Attack Stance at the right board can be very powerful. Lacks a light row though.

12. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

Dlacsjwh, I hope you'll still help contribute and make this a strong place!

Long term it may be best subdivide the orb changing into the quick goes and the ones part of major bursts. Highliting DQXQ and leilan are good points. I know all to well that light struggles to do anything with red orbs.

Apollo and Arthur likely fit as the back up plan orb changers.

13. Dlacsjwh

Dlacsjwh Member

User ID:
    Yeah, I think subdividing orb changers will be a good idea.

I'm excited for the survey dungeon for Fuma and today's announcement of Baal's skill up in NA(even though I don't have him.) These are all good news for Wu Kong.

Now only if Patricia comes over to NA.....

14. bruce leet

bruce leet New Member

seems to me wu kong is actually better than Pandora.

The reason is that he has better subs. So for example:

Baal is better than Luci because orb enhancers arent hard to come by but orb changers with rows are very hard to come by. Baal has 2 rows and orb change.

15. Turboblast1019

Turboblast1019 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    He might be better in Japan than USA, due to Japan having

Still doesn't beat andromeda or pandora. might be better than perseus?

I'm planning on maining him after I finish my DQXQ and Ra team so I support this thread:D

16. Dlacsjwh

Dlacsjwh Member

User ID:
    Lol.... this is just so wrong....
    As much as I like Wu Kong, you have to be realistic.
    orb enhancers aren't hard to come by but orb enhance with 2 rows and 2 skill boosts are very hard to come by. In fact, in the entire game, there are only two cards that have this, D Meta and DA luci. Pandora also has access to on-colour Chinese god with 2 dark rows and can use all the sonias for high burst.

Even in JP where Wu Kong has access to all his subs, he is not as popular as Pandora. Why? Pandora has the most subs with desirable actives, awakenings, and stats.

By your reasoning, every other hero god is better than Pandora since they all have access to arch-demons who are orb changers with 2 rows and SKBs.

I will continue with Wu Kong since I like light row teams but, please don't make such claims.

Edit: Probably the only advantage Wu Kong has in JP is that his skill lock team is more functional than Pandora's but we will probably never see those monsters here in NA.

Sorry for ranting. I just felt um... bitter?

17. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    The Shining late bloomer dragons only scale up to 3x at 6 orbs, don't they? Even the japanese wiki says "最多6粒3倍". I'm a supporter of the "Late bloomer dragons aren't completely terrible" movement though!

18. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

@Zaku yup. Mistake from my part from copying and pasting.

19. Dlacsjwh

Dlacsjwh Member

User ID:
    I am going to add this so that people don't get the wrong idea.
    Wu Kong is a lot stronger than most players in NA think.
    With the subs available to us in NA, you can clear all the non restricted dungeons including God Rush and Hera Rush.
    Some are definitely harder than others...(Hera-Beorc.....)
    Not having Patricia for her row hurts us a bit but it is not deal breaking.

20. Turboblast1019

Turboblast1019 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is the ideal Wukong team

7 Row enhances
    5 skill boost

3 people are JP only. Apocalypse and Fem Thor have a good chance of coming and you can just use WR Valk instead of Patricia for 6 rows and ugly Thor until his fem version arrives