HP....does it even matter?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Bourne, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Bourne

Bourne New Member

User ID:
    Bourne
    Hey guys, so lately I've been experimenting with different team combinations for a team with high HP and still have a good attack in place. Finally came up with a team and realized regardless how much HP I have, enemies become stronger and takes off what it seems more like a percentage of my HP and not an actual value. Should we just focus our team based off skills and attack and not worry about HP at all? Thoughts? Here's my current team set up:

20181204_185627.jpg

2. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Some enemies use attacks known as gravities, which deal a fixed percentage of your current HP. Other attacks are fixed values. It's important to have enough HP to survive these fixed value attacks, as well as have the RCV to heal up from large gravities.

Luminescent and Tek7 like this.
  3. Bourne

Bourne New Member

User ID:
    Bourne
    I just feel quite often I run into gravity type enemies then. It reminds me when I used to play Final Fantasy 8. Regardless what level your team was, the enemies were on the same level, only difference in strength was how you customized your team just like what we do on this game. I know on the normal dungueons I don't have that problem. Just the special/technical dungueons.

Luminescent likes this.
  4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    BTW, your team don't have any synergy at all. The leader (DAthena) requires you to match Water and Dark orbs to deal damage and heal but none of the subs supporting the clause. You need a God/Attacker/Devil type subs that has either Water or Dark attribute and can produce Water or Dark orbs.

Luminescent likes this.
  5. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Normal dungeon enemies can't use skills, only default attacks. Some skills are fixed value attacks, some are gravities, and some have other effects entirely. Gravities show up a lot, but not unpleasantly often. Just enough that a team with ridiculous HP and no RCV can't work.

6. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Honestly, you're probably overestimating how often it happens. Gravity attacks are rare. You'll know when they're happening because they take off 99% of your HP. In almost every other case, having more HP is a big plus (exception is poison).

Also, I agree with sgt502, your team leaders don't fit with your team members, but it won't matter in easy dungeons.

Also, questions should be posted in Q&A, not Discussion. I'll move this thread.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Luminescent likes this.
  7. Luminescent

Luminescent Member

User ID:
    HP really does matter. In end game content there’s some truly scary preemptives such as DQHera and Diara. These are not gravities, they really do deal tons of damage.

Since they’re preemptives, there’s no way to advoid them besides shielding on the previous floor. So yes, HP matters a lot.