I am GARBAGE at coin dungeon farming. What can I do to improve?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Nemesis, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

It must sound really strange to be bad at something as central to the game as farming, but I totally am. A majority of my cards aren't skilled up because I'd rather try to clear new content or retread old ground than dedicate myself to a skill up dungeon for a long stretch of time. And now that I'm actively trying to farm coin dungeons in the hopes of Woodpys (as the good people here advised me to do) I realize that I lack both dedication and skill. >.>

To make things clearer, every single time I open up Alt. Shrine of Liquid Flame (as I've been doing roughly every day for the past ~two weeks) I manage two successful runs and then lose the rest of my stamina in a flurry of failures. Given how little time I have to play anyway with the work I've had recently, this is kind of unacceptable. The reason why I can only do exactly two every time is probably a mix of my terrible jitters which cause me to play horribly under pressure and my choice of team: I use G/L Bastet and DQXQ pairings with Echidna, DIzanami, Muse and W/L Isis as subs (previously featuring L/W Venus in place of Isis for Kronos Forest and Muse for Shrine, and I've also tried including LKali as well).

The so-called "SafeTeam:v" is clearly not doing its job, so...with my PADherder mostly up to date but not organized, what team should I use? I know that I should logically be able to clear this with ease since everything has low health and I'm using x16 leads, but I'm apparently just not good or brave enough to activate things consistently on every floor. Doesn't help that Shrine of Liquid Flame is just terrible in comparison to Kronos Forest, too - binds, double-striking Chimeras and tricky bosses are not a thing that I needed to deal with there, where I had a much better clear rate, and the rank and card experience is worse to boot. I hate this place, and I really need some tips on how to get better at farming if I'm to have any chance of encountering Woodpys in time for Awoken Bastet. :<

2. Supp

Supp Extreme Topaz Slime, Shynee

So your problem is you can't activate DQXQ (well XQ in your case right?) consistently? You get nervous and fail.

Honestly you could change up your team, you can add more orb changers... yadda yadda yadda.

but in your case I think you need to slow down a bit until the pressure "goes away". I know you only have 1 HOUR. damn coin dungeons, but really if you only "win" 2 times out of 5-10 ish? then you're better off making 4-5 slower less stressful runs that trying for 5-10. So take it easy. when you're on a level with things on a "1" turn timer. take your time and figure out what moves you want to make. If things are 2-3 turns away... you can match at your leisure. make mental note of the colors you need to use to activate when looking at the board... concentrate on those...

Nemesis likes this.
  3. lennn

lennn Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    You can do what others have done, and just use Valk / Athena lead. It's a common setup so atleast you know it'll work.
    Then bring along tpa orb changers like; Verche 6* / Verche 5* / LKali / Filler

LKali acts as an orb changer since she'll usually give you 4+ light orbs.
    Filler is usually a board changer like MeiMei, but you can just use Echidna since you don't have one
    2 different versions of Verche because no dupe restriction

Nemesis and diteace like this.
  4. Crackalack

Crackalack Active Member

User ID:
    I have a suggestion. You're on my friends list, right? I've got SS isis that i can throw up for ya. It's a shame we're not bffs or you could use her nonstop. If you message me a few hours in advance, I'll rotate stuff and try to keep her active for that designated hour.

It'd look like XQ/Lvalk/dqxq (or evolved dq)/Lkali/athena/ss isis. Overall it's be a 1.54 multiplier to health and a 1.25 atk bonus. Match four colors and get anywhere from 15-20x depending on whether 3 colors + hearts, 4 colors, or 5 colors. Tanky and with great heal back capabilities plus they're main light attribute so color of dungeon doesn't matter.
    With everything max leveled, you'd be sitting at 26k hp which is enough to tank two hits from most coin dungeon creeps, including the mini boss, and at least one hit from most bosses and 5k recovery makes healing back a snap.

Nemesis likes this.
  5. diteace

diteace True Story

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Agreed, throw match-agnostic team with HP boosts on it to get you to the mid-20ks (depends on dungeon, aim for the "can't be oneshot" threshhold) and take the stress out of the equation. Something like 1.5~2/6~9/1.5~2 would be a good safety team.

Nemesis likes this.
  6. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    If you are good at matching but sometimes a little sloppy, you could do something like LKali - Hathor, with a (offcolor Isis if necessary) fast bind reduce, giving you ample hp, good recovery, and an out to binds. You shouldn't die there unless you repeated fail to process, plus Kali is down. Granting your matching is solid and the problem is elsewhere.

A friend Okuni is another possibility, if you 6 match well enough, unconditional modifier, skilled up panic delay. Can throw tanky members on the team and just tank a hit if you miss, and between the delay and the tank you have at least two freebies. Provided random 6 matching is not itself too hard.

If it's your combo count, though, yeah, slow down a bit. An extra five seconds a floor is totally no big deal.
    Basic x16 can sweep things if you just don't combo choke.

It would seem like XQ/Isis leads bring a fairly easy to process active, a sweet modifier, and great bind reduce defense in depth. This is my favorite team option for you I think. And water is favored on a red dungeon.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Nemesis likes this.
  7. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I'd put in another vote for Valk/Athena leads, if you have good light monsters. It's an easy, brainless team.

Also: If you aren't clearing consistently, these dungeons totally aren't worth it. You could just put your stamina into something else for now. The odds of getting a pii are ridiculously small anyway--it can take 1000s of stamina for one drop.

Nemesis likes this.
  8. nocutename

nocutename 1,500 days

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I will throw in the vote for using Valk / Athena pair up. But looking at your Padherder, you are missing Verche or any other light orb changer to make it work. You are on my friend's list I believe. I can put up Athena if you want to try it out in endless. I think you are missing the big boss burst though.

For no dupe alts, I use Valk / L Kali / Kirin / Apollo / Verche paired up with Athena. I have more Athena friends than Valk. But it works because I TPA everything most of the time. I have Verche and Valk there for quick jams and Apollo for the boss. L Kali active is quite terrible to use with this team but I have several orb changers and use her for her TPA.

You have great monsters but they need some work, as you are aware. I don't see anything in your padherder that makes for a good farm team either. I personally would not farm with a combo leader in these dungeons. The idea is to get through it as quickly as possible since pii rarely show up as it is. The best are TPA teams. I have used Frejya / Parvati (before Verdandi was a thing) and that is doable but Athena makes it so much easier. Have you tried pairing up with a Norm leader?

Nemesis likes this.
  9. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

You don't even need to use Valk/Athena. There's plenty of schoolgirl Athenas out there now. :smug:

Nemesis likes this.
  10. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The current rotation isn't even no dupes. Just run an unconditional 9x with two bursts. I'm a fan of Norns for this.

Nemesis likes this.
  11. Graham

Graham λδ

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's almost cute that you knowing that you are one of them say that with this emoticon. Almost.

12. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

Just a little bit.

13. nocutename

nocutename 1,500 days

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    True but the op doesn't have Athena ready that is why I posted my no dupe build.