I failed Zeus Vulcan like 9 times.

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Nemesis, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

I never even got to Hera-Ur.

It isn't that big of a deal to get that one Woodpy in the long run, but it really would have helped. I died a similarly infuriating amount of times to Noah, but at least I had the assurance of previously conquering the dungeon and at least I eventually won. To fail so many times, sometimes twice or more in a row, often in the stupidest of ways, is just...a little soul crushing.

I knew when I stopped cheating that the game would get a lot harder because of my lack of skill, but I didn't know that I am this bad. It hurts a little. There will be other Woodpys in the future, and I did manage to obtain that Medjedra, but that doesn't really stem my disappointment or the feeling of inadequacy that keeps me so reserved.

C'est la vie.

rumple likes this.
  2. rumple

rumple aka smrtpn

Life indeed, we'll get em next time.

Nemesis likes this.
  3. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    vulcan is.....the toughest or at the least one of the top 3 hardest normal descends in the game atm

what team did you use?

Nemesis likes this.
  4. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Did not know that xP

I find Mercury more difficult tbh, probably just because of the binds and F1 though

Nemesis likes this.
  5. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    How many stallable floors are there in vulcan

@w@

Nemesis likes this.
  6. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    F1ish, F2, F3ish, F5ish, F6ish, F7

Nemesis likes this.
  7. Night Fury

Night Fury Blue Sonia is my Waifu Knight

Vulcan is at least in the Top 3 hardest Normal descends. No shame in not being able to complete it. BTW what did you mean that you were "cheating?"

@Derpinator Yeah I do find Mercury a bit harder than Vulcan, but I think it might be because of elemental disadvantage due to me using Fire Sonia teams.

Nemesis likes this.
  8. recife

recife Well-Known Member

what do you mean by "normal descends"? like legend/mythical stuff? also, it always depends on what teams you have. first time i cleared vulcan to auevo my minerva. used kirin, took me 30min, had to use a stone on Ares.

now i do it effortlessly-ish using my lmeta. most difficult floors are Ur and Ares, but EVERYTHING ELSE is stallable (well, phoenix is dangerous too). mercury is similar, but i find it easier after deciding to echidna for hera is. before it felt harder.

imho, sandalphon is harder to beat consistently, but i feel like wadatsumi takes the top. then again, there's gaia... but if you mean no-restriction dungeons, yeah, vulcan and mercury are probably top 3.

Nemesis likes this.
  9. forsaken tsurugi

forsaken tsurugi Active Member

Did my second vulcan run yesterday. was surprisingly easy with d.meta. You do have to stay focused though.

verdandi wrecks zeus mercury. I saw a vid where the guy only used verdandi x2- liu bei- a.ceres. that's only 4 monsters on the team!

Nemesis likes this.
  10. Niobium

Niobium Active Member

Both Vulcan and Mercury are pretty easy with a Ronia/Beelzebub team. Everyone can make one.

I use Beelzebub/Haku/CDD/JDDJ/Lilith/Ronia

All farmable except Haku

0-stone Cleared both dungeon the first try. I think Vamp works if no Haku.

Sandy is also easy with Lmeta+Santa Kirin lead, Beat it multiple times with farmable subs Valk/Valk/Angelion/Sun Quan(can be replaced by Shynee or Sandy himself). I only have 20 +egg on this team. Most of them are not even max leveled.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    Nemesis likes this.
  11. A2Wolverine

A2Wolverine Well-Known Member

Depends on the team. With the right subs, I find sandalphon extremely easy with ronia and wadatsumi extremely easy with hathor, yet I literally just died twice in a row to hera-sowilo with hathor of all things because the dark devils bind my leads for 4 turns every damn time (and sowilo is definitely one of the easier descends)

Having played all the new descends on jp though (up through amir descended) I would definitely say vulcan and mercury still remain in the top 5 for most people in terms of difficulty. For me personally it's like 1. Zeus & Hera, 2. Sonia Grand, 3. Diagordos, 4. Vulcan, 5. Mercury

Nemesis likes this.
  12. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For those without stable teams/cards in the higher multiplier/burst type team types to handle Zeus Vulcan...

Godin | Dancing Lights Ama leader tank-a-heal pairing *CAN* clear Zeus Vulcan and do it with zero-stones spent.

I've done this twice so far, 0-stone, for when you need to get the clear.....but *don't* want to risk blowing lots of stamina, leaving practicing/building other teams against it for another day:

HP: > 16.5k

Lead: Shining Lance Wielder, Odin
    Friend: Dancing Light, Amaterasu Okhami | RCV +99 (really should have her +99 on dat RCV)

Subs:
    1) Purple Stone Dragon, Damascus | mines was lvl 5!
    2) 30%+ Gravity (Hera, Hera-Is, Zeus Olympios, and these x3 have "some" RCV)
    3) 35% Gravity | Zeus Olympios, has "some" RCV
    4) Seraph of Dawn or Rebel Seraph Lucifer | Morning Star with high RCV, stats all around, autoheal awakening

^Purplse Damascus was used to pull the rug out of a few floors of this dungeon with great precision and surgery on the timing of flipping him in....and back out depending

Nemesis likes this.
  13. vincent000

vincent000 Hyped for everything

User ID:
    Hope you beat it next time

Nemesis likes this.
  14. CoryAndSamantha

CoryAndSamantha Vigorous Member

My beef with both it and Mercury is that the difficulty varies widely based on whether or not you're using a team that exploits the dominant weakness of the dungeon. Vulcan was actually one of my least worries this time around because I could just pew pew everything with U&Y and only really had to worry about Artemis. Kinda makes me glad that they introduced bosses that give themselves elemental resistances and hope they make greater (if discretionary) use of the mechanic in the future.

Nemesis likes this.
  15. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I tried all week to beat Zeus Vulcan, and never succeeded. I tried everything I could think of. I tried a Ronia-Beelzebub team; I died at Hera-Ur because I couldn't heal fast enough. I tried a Durga team; the Volcano Dragon kept changing my green orbs, preventing me from activating her leader skill. I tried an LMeta team; I died at Cu-chu, and I'm not sure how it would have gotten past the last few floors anyway since everything would have attacked each turn for more than 50% of my HP. I tried a double Ronia team; most of the time I died to either Siegfried when I knocked him below 50% HP without killing him or to Artemis when she bond my leader. Once I made it all the way to Ares, but I'd used mini lu bu on Hera-Ur and I got knocked out by his preemptive attack that I'd forgotten about.

To this day I've only beaten Zeus Vulcan once, and I used 7 magic stones to do so. I wish I had more of the REM devils, but I've never been able to pull any of them besides Ronia herself (and Minerva, but she doesn't fit very well in a dark-focused team). I have to make do with farmables, and I'm beginning to think that most of them just aren't strong enough for me to consistently beat a very hard dungeon such as Vulcan. Or maybe I just suck at maximizing combos.

Nemesis likes this.
  16. puzzles

puzzles Active Member

hang in there. i died in this dungeon more times than i care to share on both my alt and my main. my refusal to stone it figured in greatly here. finally beat it this time around.

Nemesis likes this.
  17. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would never consider >3 stoning something and I'd probably not even do that much unless you need the boss for an uvo. I totally understand wanting to clear things and all but I like to remind myself that one of the goals of this game is getting good enough to clear the harder content. If you need to drop a lot of stones, you just haven't reached it yet. That may be because you don't have the monsters to get the clear but there are so many options for how to clear most dungeons so just hold out for a while and you'll get this eventually (hopefully).

Nemesis and Bryt like this.
  18. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If your other team options are too unstable for whatever various reasons, levels, non-ideal subs, play-style, whatever, you have these:

Godin
    Zeus | 35% Gravity
    Hera | 30% Gravity
    Hera-Is | 30% Gravity
    Hera-Santa | 30% Gravity

1) Damascus | If you can farm Damascus, he's 100% free and you can probably get him easy anytime you want, you don't even have to level him up at all!

2) Dancing Lights, Amaterasu Friend: if you don't already have [Dancing Lights] Ama friend with +99 RCV, you can probably find one somewhere

3) Morning Star | a High Dark Ninja....freely farmable fully evo'd or you can evo one yourself for cheap.....if you don't have a Lucifer

You can then attempt the grind-tank-a-heal team I already shared team build for in post above.

Not sure if this team/option appeals to you....but if you are already at 9+ fails......options and alternatives are good!? *Some combo skill, damage orb hoarding, healing, luck is involved on at least the 1st floor....and *definitely* on the Phoenix floor....that Phoenix is a beotch.

Nemesis likes this.
  19. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, I definitely wasn't ready for Vulcan when I first tried it. I just wanted to see if I could do it since I had the ability to make a team listed on Padx that supposedly could beat the dungeon, and the jewel invade was one I needed. Then I got the jewel invade on the first floor, and I was determined to keep it. But things worked out in the end. Not only did I get the jewel I needed, but I also got the Zeus Vulcan needed to uevo my Minerva. But I wouldn't want to spend 7 stones again.

Nemesis likes this.
  20. magus152

magus152 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Quoted for truth. Blue Sonia in particular absolutely wrecks both of these dungeons.

Nemesis likes this.