I guess this is what it means to hypermax a team in 2019

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by MisterDrgn, Mar 2, 2019.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Shirou's been my favorite lead since I made a last-minute decision to exchange for him. He rewards you for making big combos, while not punishing you for making lousy combos. I've been working on a build that's designed for running challenge dungeons and new descends blind and handling whatever they throw at you, since dungeon documentation is poor these days. I'm less concerned with tackling the latest arenas. So I ended up with this.

This team is about defense and utility, while maintaining high damage output. There are very few 7c's (two on each Cotton), but many other damage sources. Min's three >80% awoken skills allow her to deal nearly as much damage as the Cottons, Elena's all in on God Killers, for 30x damage to Gods, and the other subs also have Killer latents.

Strengths
    * All team members are unbindable
    * 166k HP, 25.8k RCV (with optimal friend)
    * 13.36s of move time (with optimal friend)
    * Immune to ribbon and cloud
    * Immune to blind, and resistant to poison and jammers (can instead be immune to poison by switching to a friend with a different inherit)
    * Plentiful heart-making
    * VDP on both Cottons (one has Devil Killers, the other has Physical Killers)
    * Fujin-style active inherited on Min
    * Leader actives help you get large combo counts along with FUA or VDP
    * Can kill a lot of content (especially Gods with Elena's 30x killer damage) even with poorer combos or light with no red

Weaknesses
    * Default setup can't fix awoken skill binds
    * Poor damage control, especially with potential skyfalls
    * * Can reliably stall only against mega-high hp enemies, void/absorb damage enemies, etc
    * Burst damage is less high than some teams
    * Risk of overwriting Shirou's and Elena's actives with the lousy inherited ones
    * * Have to pop their actives halfway through Arena runs to be safe
    * Loses VDP, a lot of TE in co-op

Alternate members (though the idea is to use the default setup for most content)
    * Baldin for co-op VDP
    * Napoleon for shield
    * Valentine Carat as a damage enhance inherit
    * Diaochan or Sakura Matou inherit for awoken skill bind

Recent accomplishments
    * Cleared C10 and C30 from last month (I think on the first try each...though C9 was harder)
    * * Athena had something like 5 billion effective hp, but this team could grind her down while withstanding big attacks
    * Easy A3 farming (I tend to be behind on Arenas, so actually I'd only cleared it once before)
    * Tried A4 once, had no idea what I was doing, cleared it

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    You undercover whale you. You can beat everything in PAD with that team with ease. Just a few assist swaps depending on the dungeon.

It's time to brave the harder arenas. You owe it us peasants using Sakuya on our teams.

3. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You could put the exchange from fate on one of the cottons to deal with awoken binds and time debuffs which is more useful than ney especially since you already have a biard change with elena.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  4. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Lol, I've spent an average of $20 a year or so. Min and Elena were lucky pick ups, as I only rolled a few times in their REMs. It's nice to have a team that showcases them.

I tend not to run arenas until they've been powercreeped because I get frustrated throwing away the stamina and (especially) time when I don't know what I'm doing, and I haven't been patient enough to go over the dungeon description and work out a plan. This could be a chance to change that, but I dunno. I've failed on AA1 a couple times for things like not anticipating DQ Hera's big pre-emptive.

Yeah, probably she should be listed with the alternates. For generic content, I like Ney's full board change with hearts. Also, while I don't like awoken skill bind/time debuff/RCV debuff, the team can generally grind through these things and stay alive. And the inherit on the second Cotton takes care of time debuff, in a pinch.

5. ko300zx

User ID:
    I wouldn't say we've entirely powercrept AA yet, but it's considerably easier, that's for sure. You have everything on that team (minus the awoken bind clear that you mentioned) to beat it. Just snag a friend with Jhoira. I wouldn't say you need an extensive plan at this point either. A year ago, that would have been pretty smart lol, but these days, just have to know the few pain in the ass spawns like Hashihime and you'll be fine. AA is on Padx too. One of the last ones they did. 13 and 18 have the preemptives you need to watch out for. Geomon and DQ. 10 and 17 are smaller, 60-70k, but can get you if you're not healing.

You're at a rank where farming it isn't worth it either. I'd just make a run at it here and there when you have some extra stam. You'll rank off of every single run, so you don't want to keep doing it. Stay as low as you can!

MisterDrgn likes this.
  6. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

Very similar to the team I’m running on both accounts. I’ve got the blind and poison assists you’ve got on each leader, a Trojan horse assist on Edward on each, RCotton and Gilgamesh on both, and then R/L Ra on the main, Reincarnated Leilan on the alt. Clears a LOT of content, solo and co-op.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  7. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

And I'm here. just being lazy and using an 6 months old Kamimusubi team on NA and a 3-6 months old D.Meta on JP... lol

MisterDrgn likes this.
  8. chazzyclaws

chazzyclaws slightly bemused

What's your average spike damage with this team? Mines sitting untouched in my Jp box (free roll on fate, lol), and am trying to NOT turn him into a stick. (Usually run a whale DMeta team, or torpedo boobs, hell I have a komisan (green kitty cat from watch collab), that I refuse to run (just don't care for his style compared to Madoo). If I can be convinced, I might keep him.(not as a stick).

9. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    If I had a dupe Shirou, I'd inherit the equip evo on my leader, run a partner with the same, and inherit Trojan horse on Elena. More TE, immunity to blind and jammers, and no risk of overwriting Shirou's active. Oh well. We'll see how things look the next time we get the Fate collab.

I just ran some quick tests. Assuming above 80% hp (for Rin), an 8-combo with one red match gets you 11-12 mil on the Cottons and 9-10 mil on Rin. A spike with Elena's active (13 red/17 light), Shirou's active, and no skyfalls gets you 90-95 mil on the Cottons and 76 mil on Min (also 30-40 mil light damage on each).

Cottons should hit harder than that with a good VDP. I use the Gilgamesh inherit on Rin to ensure there are enough red orbs for VDP + combos.

None of that factors in killers. In that same example, Elena would hit for around 600 million if the enemy is a God, considerably more if it's also a Dragon or Devil. In my setup, Rin has Dragon Killers, and Cottons have Devil Killers on one and Physical Killers on the other. I didn't bother with killers on Shirou.

Still not the hardest-hitting team, of course. There are contexts where it helps to bring a damage enhance, although in many cases you can withstand big hits while grinding down the enemy (e.g., the boss of last month's C30 in NA).

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  10. ko300zx

User ID:
    Damage is absurd. If you want to use a burst, you can deal damage in the billions, but it's unnecessary. Without, you can still deal hundreds of millions, and probably billions with killers depending on your team, with nothing more than a board change.

With a gem. Ilmina doesn't look that impressive in the screenshot, but her damage against DKali is multiplied by 30.375. She did 5.6 billion on her own here. Enra has triple god killers as well for 2.56 billion. The team combined with killers and all accounted for did over 10 billion in this.
    [​IMG]

1 shot with nothing but an Ilmina board change.

[​IMG]

After rolling Dmeta and playing both the past week, imo Dmeta is highly overrated for anyone without whale inherits. Shirou does more damage, can survive all of the same big hits, minus a few rage hits that you shouldn't ever be taking anyways, and can deal with things like poison if you don't have all of the necessary resists to negate them. Shirou > Dmeta.

iddybat likes this.