I really am in love with the Arresta/Vraska pairing

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by axlpowa, Sep 8, 2018.

1. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I've been clearing a whole lot of content and never have to care about FuA/resolves.
    Even with the addition of FuA, I still hate resolves since I suck at making heart columns fast enough, especially on 7x6 boards.

I just used my 3P Arena team to blindly go into Bigfoot (just cleared that dungeon once before when it came out, didn't remember much).

It's not a very difficult dungeon, but those saying the 6x damage is not enough, well I do not agree. This team barely has any killers as most of my useful killers are reserved for the DMeta team and I haven't farmed A3 in a while.

Gronia hitting for 188m with Vraska board! You go girl! :)

2. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm toying with the idea of getting an Arresta for myself. People say she's mostly for farming, but her attack multiplier is comparable (in fact, slightly higher than) Green Sonia who I still use as a lead for a lot of content, so I suspect she can hold her own in a lot of hard dungeons as long as you can work around her lack of an RCV multiplier. There were no new cards in the latest JP Dragon Caller event that used rainbow coins; if no new and better cards that require the coins get announced before the end of the GungHo Collab event then I might take the plunge.

3. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    @bookwyrm actually Gronia Fio is 7.5x vs 6x for Alistair. With matching leads it’s Alistair is only 2/3rds the multiplier (36x vs 56.25x)

4. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

User ID:
    335 669 204
    Just got arresta on my alt to pair with my mains vraska after reading this post. Arresta does some great damage herself, more than my gronias if I don’t do an L green combo. The team is pretty beastly in coop, that said it’s prolly not the best to invest in this team if you plan on running it solo. Team shines in coop tho.

5. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ach, I screwed up the math and thought Fio had a 5.5x multiplier, whoops. That does diminish Alastair's appeal for me a little, but I still won't rule out getting her.

6. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I do strongly suggest picking her up. Honoka is pretty much useless, and there's nothing else to buy right now (Numens are also not worth). So simply by virtue of being the only useful thing out there right now, I'd call her worth it. That being said, Arresta x Vraska is a lot of fun, because you can 1c trash floors and will never have to FUA again. She's also the perfect button.

axlpowa likes this.
  7. axlpowa

User ID:
    I think it's possible to buy 2 by the end of the event. I think that I'll buy two and hope that she comes back later. 3 Arresta and 2 A.Acala (x2 in coop) would probably allow to button a lot of dungeons.

8. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    So ultimately is it worth pivoting from Fio/Fio to Alistair/Vraska?

I currently run OdinDra, Nees, Cotton and Ney which seems like a pretty tight Fio team. I cant really see the benefit of freeing up the sub pool aspect of Alistair/Vraska, and I would be giving up nigh invulnerability. But a 72x multi over 56.25x does seem nice.

9. axlpowa

User ID:
    Ultimately, it will not open up new worlds of possibilities. I personally hate FuA and I don't have Vraska. I like Fio, but damn is she slow at clearing stuff.

In Coop, she is definitely a beast. With killers and stuff, everything still blows up even without the full multiplier of Vraska/Vraska. Running double Alastair for regular content is usually inefficient.

I intend on buying at least 2 for buttons team as she can deal pretty crazy button damage with a team of 3x Alastair and 2x A.Acala (especially with Multiboost equips). Without Multiboost equips, it is still over 1m damage per button.

10. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Two words...

Cro Nus.

axlpowa likes this.