I totally get the fatigue long-time players are feeling. On the other hand...

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by MisterDrgn, May 18, 2017.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Damn, there's a lot of leader variety in this game, at least for stuff below A3 (and probably a lot in A3 if you know what you're doing and want to take risks).

If I want (what now feels like) old-school heart cross, I can run Myr or Anaphon.

If I want four orbs minimum, I can run Noctis or even Barbara (who is surprisingly good, but less so in longer dungeons).

If I want high-HP rows, I can run Astaroth. If I want high-RCV rows, I can run Bodin/Meri.

If I want new color cross goodness, I can run LMeta (who I just tried out, and she's pretty fun).

If I want bicolor, I can run DAthena, or new Ruel, or one of the many teams that are like DAthena but worse (Revo Greek, etc).

If I want to drive myself utterly insane, I can run Aten/Fenrir (I want to get into this, but it sooo much work).

If I don't want to think, I can run Yomidra. If I don't want to think and I want to take forever finishing the dungeon, I can run Revo Ama.

And of course there's a lot more beyond that, and there are a lot of leaders I don't have personally.

The variety of mostly viable leads is really impressive. I guess the problem is that there isn't enough new stuff to run with them, and there isn't enough motivation to run the ones that aren't quite as good. Maybe more challenge dungeons would help. And I still really wish GH had implemented true rogue dungeons that were randomly generated and went on forever. And they could save your high score, maybe separately for different categories (including co-op), and maybe even separately for different leads. Man, that would be cool.

2. Orange

Orange Red+Yellow = Orange

You started this game a bit before me. Many leader types were in this game. I knew it's hard to build good team in each category. Play a little while and new stuffs come out. follow game trend seems hard work.

I have to admire you that you build all those teams and play them. I don't think you are heavy IAP. Lot of works on managing free stones, which GF to pull and luck. I was not that lucky. Hardly pull good one. So, still play old style mono team with TPA sub. re-use old card with new reincarnated form.

Lately, I didn't play much lie I used to be. Some new dungeons I not even clear yet. I think I felt tired a bit with this game. I think some fun dungeon would be good. not the super hard one

3. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

I feel so old now that heart-cross is considered old. I think I'll just pad up my remaining days running Revo Ammy + Chrys on co-op... brainless 20K auto-heal, 100x row damage, co-op HP...

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Randomly generated score attack dungeon sounds fun.

5. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

I agree that there's a lot of leader variety in PAD nowadays. I have like 4 or 5 different leaders that I can slap in front of my RevoHaku army and they are all really strong. :p

Brandon, nickjr, Nachtmacher and 5 others like this.
  6. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    The fact that this is true disgusts me on a fundamental level

7. DJKC

DJKC ♪走りばなしのノンストップライフ♪

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I love how true this is. Although Nohime is edging out one or two of the army on some teams. But Kushinada, Mitune, Meliodas, Anubis x Diabalos, and D Athena can all drop in the same set of subs.

らぶたん likes this.
  8. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I spend $30 a year. But basically I spend all my time developing new teams and trying them in Ultimate Endless/Challenge dungeons because grinding away at that perfect A3 team just doesn't seem like much fun (plus I still can't get the optimal DAthena inherits).

To be fair, there's decent variety even among those teams.

The variety does narrow down if your focus is on A3.

nickjr likes this.
  9. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is single handily the so called "end of the line", you can only farm A1/A3 so much, new challenges are just one and done. A4 or what ever has a stupid stamina cost and only comes once every other week or so. They need make a dump of new normal and/or technical dungeons with somewhat useful drops, whether it be in skill ups, evo fodder or just exp fodder.

Snarf likes this.
  10. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

I think the way they are countering that is with stuff like the new 3p drops or that new dragoncaller thing, where "farmables" are actually getting useful but need a bajillion dungeon clears to level up and uvo. and then in JP they started focusing on irl events but of course you need to actually live in JP and even then some regions are fucked because they don't get any locations near-by. so I don't really know how successful that will be for the longevity for the game overall.

11. jade

jade the lamp of experience

Thanks for the post. As a fellow longtime NA player, I can't deny I'm fatigued and fed up most of the time. Started last Sept 2016, the addition broke for me and after that, everything just seems like a chore, and I hate chores. combined with a busier life and things to do, the lack of z8 as a great grind for mp/fodder exp/+eggs, means I have lost the will to grind and don't have time to "play around" with things like a3, which is just too damn long with my subpar teams. I have some good leads, some good subs, but not everything. I'm just sort of over the whole thing. :/

12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This. This. A thousand times this.

Much of my PAD experience lately has been less puzzling and more dressing up paper dolls with slightly shinier clothes.

The most fun I've had lately is clearing Kuramitsuha with my RKushi team and toying around with new teams in Endless.

I agree that Arena is much, much too long for casual play but other dungeons are too easy. New descends are released infrequently.

A single-player, 0-stamina or low stamina randomized score attack would be a great interim solution until we get more short-form content (and also to fill the gaps between new descends).

Snarf likes this.
  13. Firenmage

Firenmage Active Member

Ima quit this summer I think... once i hit 1200 days..:dead:

14. recife

recife Well-Known Member

Im close to 1200 days too, but not close to quitting i guess. I play a lot more casually now, mostly because the large stamina pool allows for it. And it's a good thing b/c then i get to avoid the burnout.

Since coop came out i have been almost exclusively playing with my wife, and it's a fun, if sometimes a bit stressful, "together time" for us. :) We're just about done with the MP grind for DAthena, but will probably continue farming Linthia to take advantage of the reduced cost in coin dungeons. Recently we just finally finished our Megazord (Orpharion), after 3+ months of farming MHera and Star Justice (seriously, we got like 4 of the parts in 2 days, and then the left leg never dropped). Then we got MAthena in a 1.5 hour run using GOdins.

The grind can be pretty boring at times, but whenever we decide to try something new, it's pretty fun to spend time strategizing, studying, and considering what are the optimal/easiest teams we can build for a dungeon considering our individual cards. Now the goal is to figure out what is the best team we can make to farm A1... Probably something one of DAthena, MAthena or Meri (which i JUST pulled and was the main reason for me rolling the REM the first time around).

@MisterDrgn you forgot to mention combo leaders. Since Bastet's early days it's still my favorite play style, and Bestcat is still alive and well. :3 I'm about to try the new LMeta, and honestly i can't enjoy playing YomiDra. :/

Also, Cloud, RLB, or any other push-button teams are very welcome during times of fatigue b/c they allow you to quick burn through your stamina until something exciting shows up.

15. 20matar

20matar Active Member

User ID:
    20matar
    I believe GH is in the right path since last year.
    Nowadays you have many good leaders, with completely different play styles, you can go cross, no sky fall, combos, etc etc.

When I started this game only 2 options was viable: Panda or Luci.
    But what if I don't want go with rows??:shifty:
    So buy a 300k dragon!:smug:

Today is totally different, we spend more time building teams (because is fun test them) and new teams are just about to born ( the heroes )

And the co-op thing is just the ice of the cake, I started that second account (non iap) just to play Alb, now that "alt" account is rank 550+ and have better monster box than my "main".

nickjr likes this.
  16. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I was just listing my own leads. Noctis is the only REM combo leader I have, unless you want to count Osiris. But yeah, those leads certainly help with the variety, especially with Kushi's current popularity.

recife likes this.
  17. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The only problem is that the friend system has more or less remain the same throughout the years so even though we have all these leads, finding people who play with them is the biggest problem of them all.

18. 20matar

20matar Active Member

User ID:
    20matar
    Absolutely true! I was talking about that a while ago.
    They should implement this feature, I mean something like slots 1,2,3 available to all our friends plus the BF slot.
    Coin dungeon must be reinvented as well.
    Sttd should be available to purchase like Tamadra village.

19. MagicMatcher

MagicMatcher Sacred Life Cow <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Completely feel this. I find it most fun slapping together a random fun team and dying in endless with it. Of course the friend system remains a problem so the pairings I want to do aren't typically available and I don't want to bother people all the time for it haha. Other than that, not much to do with fun teams sadly, there's little content to run them through that isn't obnoxiously impossible for them :c

Snarf and Tek7 like this.
  20. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    GungHo should take a page from the Monster Strike playbook and let people select a dupe of their own leader, at least for Endless.

I have several less common leads that I'd like to play around with (RAme, RNeptune, Saito, etc.) but don't because I'm not going to bother asking people to switch leads just to putz around in Endless.

MisterDrgn and nickjr like this.