Ichigo Team Advice

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by yungrich, May 24, 2020.

1. yungrich

yungrich New Member

User ID:
    I've been away from the game for many years, and I'm unfamiliar with the modern monsters. I just restarted and rolled an Ichigo. Which evolution path is recommended? What would be a good team to build around him? Thanks!

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  2. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I highly recommend his D/B evolution because of how easy it is to use and how much damage it deals for little to no effort while also providing you a way to deal with damage void spawns.

The team I run with is Metatron / V.Ney / Eschamali / Eschamali paired with an Ina friend to deal with time debuffs and resolves. Metatron and V.Ney are my two hard hitters while also providing me a board changer and V.Ney also removes binds. Two Eschamali's help keep a constant flow of dark orbs coming which is kind of invaluable to Ichigo's team. Even still though, this team isn't without fault and can't deal with lengthy debuffs very well and can't do much against damage absorbs without assists. The team is definitely powerful in its own right, capable of dealing 200M+ with just a row of dark orbs and some combos. Of course, my team is a pretty luxurious team but Ichigo can definitely get by with a lot less and is a good place to start if you have a decent box that can support him.

3. yungrich

yungrich New Member

User ID:
    Thanks! Do you have any recommendations for early-mid game / farmable team? Seems like I should focus on board changers (multi-color including dark)?

Also, this might be a dumb question, can you explain why D/B evolution is easier/deals better damage? At a glance, it looks like Full Hollow evolution does 14x with 3 color combo (seems like this is usually possible), while D/B does 8x but requires an entire row. But I'm sure I'm missing something.

4. reignoffaya

reignoffaya Member

Ok first up we got the leader skill issue. If you read through them carefully you will notice the Full Hollow version provides a 14 times multiplier when matching 3 colors and 20 times at all 6. His leader skill provides 4 x 400 x 16. This no matter how you put it is amazing but the awakenings are absolute garbage. Immediately no-bind immunity should be a red flag. Full Hollow is a meh card because of this. His other form is a 4 x 256 x 1. Even though this may not seem great it only requires a dark row and it adds 2 combos. The thing that really makes this card stand out is its balanced typing and dark attribute. you will notice while playing the game that Nelle is a VERY VERY popular card. Pairing with Nelle will provide a 7x6 board and pretty amazing stats. The awakening on his D/B form is also viable with a VDP and the ability to have 4 effective skill boosts. All in all in the long run the D/B form is better off even though the rainbow form has a potential for a higher multiplier. His sub pool is also not type restricted and he just seems like a better card. All in all, I also suggest D/B form but I'll take my response with a grain of salt as I'm not as informed as the rest of the people in this forum.

5. reignoffaya

reignoffaya Member

For farmable subs:

Um... REM?

Old Castle Illuminating Dragon Caller Myne...

Yeh no... just do some rolling (The one above is usable tho)

6. reignoffaya

reignoffaya Member

7. yungrich

yungrich New Member

User ID:
    Thanks for the explanation! Super helpful

8. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Z8, or Zaerog8 (), is a decent start. If you can max skill two of them, you can keep a constant loop of increased dark orb skyfalls but he lacks bind resist.

Eir is (was?) a very popular sub to farm for but I'm not sure if you're able to do her dungeon. Her relatively short CD clears binds and creates hearts and also packs Heart+ awakenings and she has naturally high recovery herself. Max skilling her definitely is going to take a while though.

The thing that makes Final Getsugatensho (D/B) evolution better than Full Hollow is kind of a multitude of reasons. Most notably, rainbow teams have trouble dealing with damage voids, mostly, how rainbow teams deal with it at the moment is to use active skills to null it but those subs are very limited (Hao, Dyer, Shelling Ford). D/B Ichigo can deal with it relatively easily by making a 3x3 box of dark orbs to penetrate damage void.

Rainbow teams can also potentially get orb trolled which, although not specific to Full Hollow, is a problem; most people 'solve' this by pairing with a 7x6 leaders such as C.Uruka and Diablos but that also hurts the potential multiplier. D/B Ichigo needs 6 dark orbs which isn't always easily possible but he has the HP to tank some hits to stall if he needs to; you do need to be decently skilled to be able to clear a good number of non-dark orbs though to clear the way for dark orbs though.

Lastly, Full Hollow's biggest downfall is his awakenings. TPA on a rainbow sub/lead is usually considered terrible because connecting 4 orbs on a board usually messes with the 'ideal' board set up to maximize combos. Enhance Material Killers are largely useless and I can only think of one situation in all my time of playing in which I used it and it was for a recent Ranking Dungeon. God Killers are okay, it used to be great but less so in today's meta due to the huge damage output that teams can pump out already so it usually results in overkill. And lastly, the lack of bind resist is concerning and although he can get it through Super Awakening, most monsters have bind resist naturally and the few who doesn't are usually because they are so good that they need the lack of bind resist to kind of balance them out and Full Hollow is not that.

D/B Ichigo's main source of damage can come from three different sources: dark row awakenings, VDP (Void Damage Pierce) and 7 combos. Dark rows are naturally needed for him to get any damage which isn't too hard with the proper subs and played properly, there are also a decent number of dark row awakening assists like Chuan (who would be great to solve your Z8 bind problems) and Zuoh. VDP is kind of the new-old craze because of its ability to deal with damage void floors while also supplying a hefty multiplier. And finally, 7 combos (better known as 7c) is relatively common now and although D/B Ichigo isn't a combo lead, making a dark row adds 2 more combos to your combo count so if you do 5 combos (which you should be attempting to do anyway to clear way for more dark orbs), it will make it 7 combos; if you pair with another D/B Ichigo, you only need to make a row and TWO combos to get 7 combos. D/B Ichigo's active skill also adds some ridiculous amount of damage to your whole team for two turns and tacks on one more combo to your total (as if he needed more).

D/B Ichigo isn't without downsides, obviously, most notably, row teams have trouble dealing with Resolves because they can't make a column of hearts but D/B Ichigo (and I guess all dark row teams) can pair with an Ina friend who will follow up with damage to deal with Resolves. A constant supply of dark orbs is also needed and stalling for long periods of time can be a problem because Ichigo lacks a recovery multiplier; Ina can help with some but that still won't be enough to stall indefinitely.

Essentially, D/B Ichigo is really easy to play and have the flexibility for subs to be almost anything so long as they either provide utility to the team such as providing orbs and/or have some damage multiplier either from rows or 7c and you're kind of set. His active also almost guarantees the kill on boss floors so even if you're running sub-par subs, you'd likely be okay.

9. yungrich

yungrich New Member

User ID:
    Thanks for the thorough response! The explanations of the pros/cons of the awakenings were particularly helpful as I'm still unfamiliar with all of the different situations.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  10. yungrich

yungrich New Member

User ID:
    Following your advice, I chose the D/B evolution. Unfortunately, I have not had any luck with my rolls.

I'm currently running:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This team seems to clear most easy content, unless I get skill delayed. My recovery is not too great either.

What cards would you recommend chasing for an intermediate team? What would you look for in an assist for Ichigo? Thanks!

11. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Do you have any monsters with dark rows and are also orb changers? Monsters such as Pandora, Gremory, dark Valkyrie and Persephone and the like are very helpful in this situation. Ideally, you'd want to start working on rows because that will increase your damage by a lot because you are usually making a dark row anyway and it will increase the damage of your entire team.

In terms of assists, I would recommend getting hazard resist assists because getting your board converted to poisons can be a huge problem. Jammers and blind, at least in the early stages of the game, is much less dangerous but poisons can potentially kill your team and Ichigo's team generally doesn't have too much recovery. Ideally, of course, you'll have complete hazard resist along with tape and cloud resist but it's really a long term goal. Aside from that, I would recommend dark row assists; assists such as Zuoh, Chuan and Veroah are good. Unfortunately, Zuoh and Veroah are REM pulls and Chuan is usually a collab exchange reward by turning in tickets which is easy enough to get but is only available periodically. I would recommend dark orb enhances because that's another passive way to increase your damage but Z8 already has 3 each and there's diminishing returns past 5.

Unfortunately, this game is a game of patience, so there's really nothing you can do to make your team better other than waiting and being lucky. There are plenty of monsters that you can be using but the problem is obtaining them and they are usually just random pulls from REM and collabs.