Ideas to consistently beat Legendary Seaway

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by bullion, Aug 26, 2014.

1. supebeans

supebeans Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, so I got my second Godin uevo'd, and now I am just debating if it what I have to work with is going to warrant dropping 8 Tamadras on him. I will not have an Izanagi, so I would have to sub Merlin in for him (as mentioned previously as being a decent replacement for the added tpa's).

Do you think this will be worth it? Is a double godin team going to benefit my monsters lineup that well? A massive investment in Tamadras!

2. Dantes

Dantes IAP+IPA= <3

Here is my consistent dmeta team that I use to run seaway. You just need to have 15,532 min hp. I've been running around 90% but that's mostly due to bad play.

Dmeta
    Hanzo max sk
    D/L lilith
    Ronia max sk helpful
    himiko min turn 8
    Dmeta

I know a lot of people won't have himiko skilled up but she is great here. Kushi doesn't work as she doesn't have a skill boost to have her up turn one which is critical. My dmeta and ronia are +297 and I don't use a friend dmeta below +200.

Flr 1 - use himiko if monsters are synced. 5 dark orbs take out pirates, dark row sweeps everything. Use hanzo when needed and don't be afraid to use ronia burst if you have to on other floors. I've only had to use her twice in roughly 50+ runs.

Flr 2-5 - just have to have good dark and red orb mgmt. the 1k auto heal is pretty helpful as it does allow you an additional hit later if u don't need to use himiko turn 1. U will never get out of the zone either until the final floor which is no big deal since wangren only hits for 7k.

Flr 6 - use Lilith

Flr 7 - ronia+hanzo+dmeta sweeps floor. 2 enhanced dark rows also take down beyzul.

3. Superpeon

Superpeon Member

User ID:
    Added a few U&Ys from this thread.. I'm not liking DQXQ for Seaway.. just doesn't do enough damage, maybe I'll have better luck with U&Y

4. meteor

meteor Gigas the Great Admirer

User ID:
    My two new stress-free builds with max-skilled ROdin:

- ~28k HP. Can tank 2 hits
    - Kill king metals with dark or fire row, RSonia or Haku if needed
    - Save 2 RSonia actives for fl7 to be safe
    - Haku is up on fl1 if skilled. Both Sonias should be max skilled.

- ~30k HP. Can tank 2 hits
    - 12.25x means you can get through fl1-5 without using active as long as you have decent amount of green/red/dark orbs on the board
    - Save GSonia and RSonia for fl7

My clear with hypermax friend (gravity is nice but not necessary)
    [​IMG]

5. Goody

Goody Literally the Worst

User ID:
    I was wondering about this as well. I have 2 Godins, but I really don't want to invest so much in a second for such niche usage. I have LMeta which could replace him to still get the 2sb. How much does losing the ~2k hp from a 2nd GOdin matter? Does losing a second grn monster hurt taking down the blue twin?

6. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Since my main reason to farm this dungeon would be for ROdin skill-ups, are there any builds featuring ROdin that work well?

I've got a really strong Byakko team, but I'm curious if my current ROdin team or future Misato team would work.

If I already beat this dungeon then I could imagine an Uriel / Wangren / Shiva team possibly working?

7. 0never

0never Retired!

LMeta should work fine. It's not worth it to invest in GOdins just for Legendary Seaway.

Though you can use GOdins to do other stuff too...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ...But I think I'm like the only one who actually runs these kinds of U&Y teams lol.

-----------

Did you forget there's no hearts in this dungeon?

8. Scarlet

Scarlet Broad-Minded Hell Demon

Found this team to be fairly stable:

Rounds 1-5 are based purely on powerkilling everything, so fairly based on board. Can take two hits if they aren't synced thanks to LMeta.

Round 6: 2x 4-pronged kills Rodin Tamadra in an activation:
    2 x 2-pronged = 2 * (2 matches) * 1.25 (4 orbs/match)* 2.25 (2 pronged multiplier)* 1.24 (Enhanced orbs) * 2 (5 combo) * 2101 (Athena) = 732k damage on two monsters for Athena. Athena always targets Rodin Tamadra for the kill.

Round 7: Echidna, Gravities if you've got them, Verche + Athena whenever he's back up. Have fun!

9. meteor

User ID:
    Alternative Athena build

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Substitute Ra and Verche with max skilled ROdin and DQXQ/Apollo. The team has enough skillboosts so that Genbu will be up even if she's slv1. The downside is that you won't have the emergency Verche active for fl 1-5, but from my experience, you can hardly get orbtrolled if you clear as many blue/dark orbs as you can every turn. You have so many ways to clear these floors, e.g. with 1x5 fire, 1x4 light, 1x4 green.

Here I matched 1x4 light and 1x4 green + a few combos. That's enough to break king jewel's defense. You are free to use one Athena active here too if needed.
    [​IMG]

10. Goody

Goody Literally the Worst

User ID:
    Just cleared it for the first time with the Lu Bu team recommended.
    LuBu/Sonia/Perse/Luci/Lilith/LuBu

Everyone was maxed except Lilith (non-uevo) and Sonia has ~200 eggs. I think pair with a Satan would be better as you really don't need the 2nd active and no healing anyway, though you should make sure you still have at least 1 other high atk sub for def break. I ate a stone on wave 2 due to not having enough orbs. I didn't expect to clear it, nor get the Wangren I've been pining for, but today was my lucky day.

Edit: I'm still leveling my Izanagi for that Brute Force U&Y team, but I just couldn't wait to try my luck getting the red twin :D

11. Ice Knight

Ice Knight New Member

I've been using:

Kirin(awoken)
    Blue Odin(awoken)
    Green Odin(awoken)
    Echidna(x2, max skilled)

Easy runs, echidna ready by turn 3? Usually not orb trolled in first 2 waves.

On red Tamadra Odin use echidna, target Rodin down first then the other 2.

On boss use echidna, gravities, target blue then once red starts hitting use gugnir's to heal, by then other echidna will be ready again. Done

Red tamadra Odin now max skilled, plus its great exp for ranking up!

I've been running this to burn Stam in my quiet pad retirement days...

12. meteor

User ID:
    Video of my Athena run

http://www.twitch.tv/igdrazle/c/5079020

13. qyu

qyu Well-Known Member

User ID:
    wow i never realized that was ur twitch acct

14. meteor

User ID:
    yeah I tend to go by many random names. no surprise that you didn't know it was me :p

15. bullion

bullion New Member

OP updated with some of the posted luxury builds ;)

It's at the image limit so I might put new builds in my second post further down. I should have reserved a spot.

16. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Is your BOdin skilled? Can this be done with a Bastet lead paired with Kirin (so 20x instead of 25x)?

17. FXStrato

FXStrato Neonine

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I did it with an Anubis team; the only thing you really need is a delay as a panic button. Poison is optional on the 6th floor if you can hit 100x.

The lack of heart orbs actually makes it surprisingly easy to get 100x with skyfalls.

18. bullion

bullion New Member

I managed to max skill my Pandora and gave Seaway a shot this weekend. I can confirm that having skilled Pandora makes it a very stable team. I ran Pandora/Hanzo/Ronia/Dmeta/Lilith/Pandora (Pandora and lilith only level 50ish. hypermax friend Pandora)

- Hanzo is up on turn 1 and the two Pandoras will be up by turn 3. Three actives for the first 5 floors plus enough hearts to heal back up from 1 or 2 hits make this team very stable. You can use hanzo again for emergencies, though you can get Ronia board trolled without hanzo.

Not an expert on this but I don't see why you will need a skilled BOdin. The gugnirs should be up before the blue boss hits (with one enchidna delay from floors 1-6 and skill boosts).

19. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

User ID:
    [US] 375 256 244
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for posting / confirming this. That's pretty much the team I run for KoG with Luci for DMeta and Vamp for Lillith. I'll try the one above instead for this.

I was able to clear it for the first time this weekend with the Satan teams listed in the 1st post. Once with Satan / Satan and then one with Satan / Lubu. I went 2/2 and figured that was going to be good for farming, but then went 0/3 on the next few with the same teams. Getting 2 hits with Satan pretty much puts it out of reach at the end.

I'll give this Pandora team a run this weekend.

20. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well I was able to get my first time clear with a Satan team, Satan leads obviously, D/D Haku, D/L Gryps, D/L Lilith and 5 Combo Hadar.

My only issue was killing waves too fast, took a few hits, used Lilith on Odin wave and last wave was cake with 11 row enhances.

Just need to determine what 1 row kills, or what 1x3 kills.