I'm already sick of Z8

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by ikrol, Mar 11, 2016.

1. ikrol

ikrol Well-Known Member

User ID:
    When I saw we had half stamina coop, I thought it would be a great time to chain rank ups while finally finishing up with my Z8 skillups; he has flat out refused for a while, but if I make him cannibalize himself enough times, his will has to break at some point (3 skillups left).

Only a few rank ups in, and I'm already sick of the dungeon. My Horus team is the one I feel most comfortable using in here, and he does well enough so that I very rarely die (and even then it is usually because I get tired and don't pay attention). But the dungeon takes quite a while to run for a "farming" dungeon, and Horus isn't exactly mindless even though I have gotten so used to color match leads after LKali and Horus that it seems to be ingrained in me now (I even catch myself doing it after making my rows for Pandora).

Anyway, all of this to say there is no way I'll be chain ranking this stupid thing. I might run one or two times to help me rank up if I need the full stamina bar, but there is no way I can keep running it each day of this event.

philsov likes this.
  2. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Z8 is worth Pii-ing on if you can't skip the "6 combos or you die" part of this dungeon.

Here's how I see it: you can regain Piis that you "wasted" on monsters with skill fodder if you wait a few months, but you can't regain lost sanity. Just sit tight, use Piis as they become available, and save your sanity.

Arranging likes this.
  3. ikrol

ikrol Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I'd much rather those pys go to Akechi or Zuoh or even A.Hades for my Pandora team. I might try using your 2 skill delay tuna with my BValk whenever I see your guys available. It would just be a pain to relearn the dungeon with different teams and actives

AMDZen likes this.
  4. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Zuoh is easily skilled with masks. Don't Pii on him. I have Hades skilled and I barely use him.

If you give me your Akechi I will give you my 3 Badpiis so you can finish your Z8.

5. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    zuoh is actually skilled off dark predras right now too, so when the latent urgent comes back you might get lucky.

the next dog dungeon is the green dark one, i think, which also has akechi skillups.

i busted my ass and spent at least 5 stones skilling up akechi, well worth it in my opinion.

nocutename likes this.
  6. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My Z8 went 4/11, 1/2, then 0/3, 0/5 :\

And my clear rate is only 60% ish. It's a bit disheartening, but at least the exp rate is nuts

7. malhas

malhas Active Member

User ID:
    Mine is also missing 3 skill ups and I'm beginning to be tired of running this. I'm farming it with A.Ra, I rarely die but it takes forever to clear the dungeon. I wish I had enough piis to finish Z8 but can't afford it. On the plus side the dungeon gives a lot of rank exp and fodder exp so I'm levelling a lot of monsters at the same time.

8. unlimitedx

unlimitedx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    it's been a few months since Zuoh his got skill up rotation. been waiting a loooong time!

9. ikrol

ikrol Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yeah, and dark predras aren't really a fun thing to farm and use for skill ups. I got one skill for him after the last predra. Maybe I'll have to figure out a mythical Z8 team for the predra chances

10. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, z8 burnout is totally a thing. Personally, I need to think and combo hard on every floor from the super kings onward.

After a few runs I'm spent and start getting sloppy.

So do a little bit, and then either afk for a while or recharge while mindlessly running OoH. It is 3x normals, after all.

chiubag likes this.
  11. LordAx

LordAx Thunder God

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    last 3 skill ups were the worst, did more runs to get the last 3 than to get the first 7

12. chiubag

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    oh my fucking god, I've gone 0/10 for skill-up #6 >.<;;;;;

puñal likes this.
  13. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Feeling the same way. Luckily, I just finished skilling mine, so I'm done running it. He ended up going 10/31 which is pretty decent.

14. LightFangX

LightFangX ♡ Choco Parvati ♡

User ID:
    329,242,285 (Light@PF), 368,973,395 (Light2)
    Please. What a scrub mentality. There is only one way to effortlessly clear Z8 and maintain yourself:
    Don't run that godforsaken dungeon and pretend you didn't die 11 times in a row before :banghead::banghead::banghead:

15. hoyun

hoyun Well-Known Member

Well this is nothing comparing to farming a scarlet system, where I just finished my first scarlet on 10/60 feeds...and 4 more to go.

The key is pretty much to keep winning and play with coop. That'll take a lot of pressure off yourself.

chiubag likes this.
  16. ikrol

ikrol Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Scarlet system...there is 0 chance I ever bother to do that unless they buff Scarlet and I play for another 4 years. Even then, I probably would never make the system.

17. chiubag

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I put another Kaede on my Bastet team for Z8 and it at least mentally helps me cope with the second turn of floor 9

18. puzzles

puzzles Active Member

what kind of horus team are you running fir z8?

19. Supp

Supp Extreme Topaz Slime, Shynee

Thing is it's SUCH a great time to run it right now. at 20 stamina for each legend plus run and 48000 ish stamina per win. you basically have 2400 xp / stamina. that is bonkers anywhere

20. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

I think I can pretty much guarantee win with my Ra team on the lower level, but I've been knocking my head against the wall at the 50% clear rate on the higher level.. I think it's still better because of the MP...

But it does get frustrating.