I'm Back After A Year Away - Need Team Help

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by stratataisen, Apr 25, 2019.

1. stratataisen

stratataisen Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey all, I'm back and boy has things changed. But I expected that, lol. Need a bit of help with what teams I should be using now. I was using DAth/BNey for Arena 1 (I have an alt account that I use for Multiplay...because I'm an anti social introvert.) and I was trying a variety of other Leads before I left (Ren Okuninushi, Jhoira, and Kamimusubi.)
    I've been playing around a bit for a few days now, but I need a bit of help with teams to go up against the higher end Descends, such as Qilin and the like (I don't seem to do enough damage >.>). Using Hera - Luna a bit for mindless Enhance Mat farming/monster leveling.)

I was doing a ton of Multiplayer before with my two accounts, but I've been doing more solo at the moment as well.
    (Oh, and I guess I should mention I sometimes suck at getting high combos. Been getting better with Hera - Luna since she gives me the time to mess up, but still. Average is 6 combos.)

Here's my Main Account:
    https://www.padherder.com/user/stratataisen

And My Alt:
    https://www.padherder.com/user/strata-taisen

And I'm not sure which Hunter to get Zeus or Ciel? =/

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  2. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice boxes! Usually as you get closer to end-game content teams are increasingly tuned to the mechanics of particular dungeons. So you would use different teams depending on whether you're attempting different arenas, specific challenge dungeons, etc. So the advice you'll be offered will depend on what you're looking for:
    1) Are you trying to tackle particular dungeons or are you just looking for a general purpose team that you can adjust for specific content?
    2) Are you looking for teams that you can co-op with your alt or are you open to leads that work for one account, but not the other?
    3) You have a lot of stuff, do you have preferred playstyles? For example, combos, crosses, bi-color leads (like Kami or Vraska), etc.
    Note that Kami and cross leads like Kenshin are among the hardest hitting leads in the game depending how you build their teams. The current version of Qilin where they tie one of our hands behind our backs by pairing us up with a Haku lead is extremely unusual and frustrating for a lot of people.

sgt502 likes this.
  3. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks.
    1) Right now, I'm looking at A2 and Qilin so I can possibly work on Super Ren Haku (I have at least three Haku's on each account. >.>)
    2) Open to either. XD I have my ALB for anything I can push button farm with the monsters I have.
    3) Well, I am used to bi-color leads and leads like Cao Cao or Pandora. Crosses are still iffy for me, especially if there's more requirements to the leader skill (ie. 3 att or +2 Wood matches). I've never been great with combos, although that has improved a bit. Someone I know suggested Mega Metatron, just don't know who I should put on the team with her (besides God types, of course. lol)

Also, I'm thinking about picking up MH Ceil Gear from the event. Not sure if that would change anything?

4. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    You have A LOT of cards, and the best subs for a particular team vary a lot depending on dungeon and playstyle, so I'll suggest leads and some subs you could use as a starting point for building teams. My basic teams usually include follow-up-attack (fua) and a combination of subs that provide enough damage while allowing me to reliably trigger a leader skill. I throw in VDPs, various bind clears, etc. as needed. This is because a team that can handle all of the game mechanics is nearly impossible to build and will often sacrifice other things like damage and convenience to get there. In short, think of these teams as starting points rather than optimizations. I may have missed some better options due to the sheer size of the boxes. Also keep an eye on sbr awakenings, since it's nice to have 5 of those and I didn't pay too much attention to that since cards rarely lack that awakening these days. Since you're having some issues with time, there is an argument for favoring single player for the TE badge that adds 2 seconds.
    *Vraska and Fire Kami are still solid leads, so you can build around them as well.

Both boxes:
    1) Mega Dark Metatron:
    +15x atk, a shield, and gives 4x hp. So she hits hard as hell (when you're under 80% hp) and she's super tanky.
    +Lots of gods, so you have a lot of flexibility when it comes to team-building.
    +Lots of synergy between leader skill and active. She hurts your team to get your hp below 80% even from full hp and provides a bi-color board that's excellent for finishing off enemies.
    +Amazing actives. she has two 7c awakenings, so she hits at 4x the amount of damage she would normally when you hit 7 combos. She's also unbindable and brings her own VDP for dealing with enemies with damage immunity.
    -you need to be able to hit 7 combos reliably with no time built into her leader skill.
    -If you fail to hit 7 combos, you don't get her shield.
    -Hitting 7 combos becomes even harder when you need to also make a column of hearts to use the follow-up-attack (FUA) awakening to finish off a floor with resolve or a 3x3 box to finish off an enemy who is immune to damage above a certain amount with the void damage penetration awakening (VDP). Ideally you'll want an active that can increase your combo count for these situations. The Khepri you have in each box is a solid option for that. An even better option is to inherit Uevo Oichi somewhere depending on the team to you use.
    Teambuilding: Since you're struggling with combos and DMeta hits really hard, I would prioritize TEs and then 7c (combo enhance) awakenings for damage. All your cards should be gods. Favor dark cards. Otherwise, light is a solid option because of Izanagi and DMeta's active.
    Team Strata: Dmeta/Reincarnated Archangel Lucifer (lots of awakenings boosting damage at low hp, +1.5 sec)/Reincarnated Izanagi (+1 sec, really low cd active for reducing hp and boosting damage)/Reincarnated Yomi (+2 sec, time boosting active. Consider an Enoch assist)/[Flex]. In your flex slot, you'll usually want a follow-up-attack awakening. The usual suspects on a DMeta team are Kamimusubi or Planar. Since I'm not seeing either of those, I would go with Mega Scheat since she's a god. It can also be helpful to have a card for healing. Farming Eir (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4635) would be super helpful for that purpose. Note, that Eir's dungeon is annoying and pretty challenging. I beat her once and used py for the rest of her skill ups to avoid having to beat her dungeon repeatedly. If you need follow-up-attack and a combo boost, you can drop Lucifer or Izanagi depending on whether or not you need Izanagi's damage boost. For the arena, you'll also want lugh as an assist for dealing with Sopdet, Parvati etc. You can stick lugh on lucifer for that. If you don't find yourself using Izanagi to reduce hp, you can put Idunn&Idunna on him as an assist for a longer lasting damage buff and protection against skill delay. Reincarnated Raphael is also a nice flex option because he has a lot of TEs and a really nice shield. His rows aren't as great.
    Team Lucitia: DMeta/Reincarnated Yomi/Reincarnated Izanagi/Reincarnated angel lucifer/flex
    Here your best option for the follow-up attack and the flex slot is Hestia, since she'll give you some much needed heart OEs for healing with 4 hearts and the follow-up attack. If you're willing to sacrifice some time, you could put in Allatu or Awoken Uranus for Lucifer. You'll lose a little bit of time, but the 7c awakenings mean they'll out-damage him when you're above 50% hp. If you're playing in multiplayer, you can often skip the enhance on one team. For arena, put Fujin into this team. She has solid awakenings, a lot of TEs, and will make dealing with damage absorbs smoother. Otherwise, you'll need to practice carefully controlling your damage.

2) Mega Scheat X UEVO Madoo

+the team's leader skill can be triggered on most natural boards (no active required). I cannot stress enough how convenient this is. This is one of the defining features of modern leads along with some kind of tankiness (shield, hp multiplier, etc.) and a solid attack multiplier.
    +Mega Scheat and Madoo have complementary leader skills. Both require you to match any 5 orbs (any color and hazards count) in any shape (vertical, horizontal, L-shape), both have a shield, and Scheat gives you hp whereas Madoo gives you RCV.
    +They also have very convenient awakenings when you play in co-op because Scheat will give both teams follow-up-attack and Madoo will give both teams void damage penetration (VDP).
    +Your offensive awakenings can be 7c or TPA. I would favor TPA because of no skyfalls from Scheat's leader skill.
    +Madoo's leader skill gives you 2 extra seconds
    -No skyfalls means you're less likely to luck into extra combos.
    -This team is A LOT weaker than DMeta
    -no skyfalls when you attack because of Scheat.
    ***: with match 5 leads like Scheat and Madoo, you generally want to make your match of 5 off-color and then use fire (or water) to attack with TPAs, combos, etc.
    Teambuilding: Because of Madoo's leader skill, everyone on both teams should have a fire attribute or sub-attribute. If you team up with a stranger's Scheat in single player, you can also build a ridiculously nice water team with Revo Sun Quan, Tethys, Ryune, Ney, etc. and Isis/Jhoira to unbind. Otherwise, go fire to team up with your alt. Madoo has two extra seconds and Scheat makes a column of hearts with her active for FUA, so I wouldn't be quite as concerned with TEs here. No skyfall and the match of 5 make 7c tricky, so I would favor TPAs. With a TPA multiplier with their damage, you'll want a damage enhance to one-shot high hp enemies like the Arena bosses (Kalis, Metatrons, etc.) and radar dragons when you get to A3. Keep in mind that this is only when you need to hit really, really, hard. When I run Madoo, I can kill most enemies without TPAs or 7c and then I use combo boosts or enhances to deliver big hits. You could probably get away with running a 7c team and just using Madoo or Mega Rodin's active to hit 7 combos when you need big hits.

Team Lucitia: Mega Scheat/RValk (TPAs, 7c, fast active for urd or enhance assist)/Ilmina (God killer, dragon killer, sbs, fantastic board. can also be used to kill predras in A3)/Inahime (heart-maker, 1 sec, undbind, can also stick this on rvalk)/Revo Ares or enhance.

Team Strata: Madoo (Lugh assist for damage absorbing floors like Sopdet)/Mega Dantalion (7c for when you use combo boost and really fast heart/fire maker and combo booster)/Awoken Inahime (unbind, nice board. can also inherit her active on Isis for better awakenings)/Mega Baldin (Can also user regular baldin)/Reincarnated Ares (TPAs, fire skyfall)/Lucitia's Mega Scheat). Honestly, the nice thing about a match 5 team is that anything goes. You'll want to inherit or include a damage boost like Silk or Baldin on one of your cards. If you feel like you want a super easy kill board, a Mori Motonori assist can go a long way. Mega ROdin is a solid combo boost and VDP sub too. This team can be paired with a second Madoo for a lot more time.

3) JhoiraXReeche
    +Giant board makes 7 combos for powerful combo enhance awakening easier.
    +Reeche's active can be used to deal with damage absorb (e.g. Sopdet and parv) or damage abosrb.
    +While Reeche's active has a massive cd (30 turns), it can actually be up in as little to 10 turns due to skill charge.
    +Reeche adds 2 seconds through her leader skill.
    +Jhoira can unbind including clearning awoken bind in later dungeons.
    +The giant board will give you some buffer against troll-y boards due to bad skyfalls.
    +Reeche and Jhoira don't really care about typing so anything goes.
    -This is a rainbow team so you'll be vulnerable to leads who replace orb colors..
    -You also need to be more careful with actives because you need at least 4 colors on the board.
    -7x6 takes some getting used to and being skilled in 7x6 is not quite the same as being good at a standard 6x5 board. For example, to hit 7 combos on 6x5, you'd need to stack some combos (see https://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/returning-player-d-meta-and-7c.107518/#post-1587468 for a recent discussion of what 7c board looks like).
    -Need to cover every color with an attribute or sub-attribute
    Teambuilding: Combining Jhoira and Reeche, you need to hit 8 combos including 4 matches of different colors with at least two of those four colors being fire and water. This might take a bit of practice, but it's less complicated than it sounds and should be doable on a 7x6 board. Because you need 8 combos anyway, I would heavily emphasize 7c awakenings for damage. If you need VDP, you can stick a Mega Odin on the team below. He only changes one color and breaks hearts, so he won't interfere with your leader skill.

Team Lucitia: Jhoira/Awoken Tachibana (shield, super strong, great active)/Odin Dragon (nice awakenings, heal, bind clear)/Ragnarok Dragon (awakenings, rainbow board)/Awoken Lu Bu (follow-up attack, active has an enhance and doesn't break activation. you could put a different enhance or active on him)/UEVO Reeche

Team Strata: UEVO Reeche/Raijin (rainbow board, TPAs, 1 sec)/Awoken Tachibana (self assist to protect from delay)/Odin Dragon/Ragnarok dragon (great active, solid awakenings, dark coverage). Note: This version has no follow up attack, so you can put someone like Aten in for FUA and a fast board or someone slower with more TEs. Maede Keiji is also a solid move if you want someone with a defense breaking awakening. Just make sure you're always covering all colors to maximize the chances of having a usable board for hitting 4 colors.

*If either of these teams is struggling with time, feel free to toss in Yomi.
    **Reeche is also great paired with herself if you're in single player. Because Reeche gives 2 extra seconds per lead in her leader skill, she's a great way to practice hitting 7 combos on a normal board.
    Non-matched options:
    KenshinXKarin Kanzuki:
    If you want to try something totally different, this would give you a team for making fire/light crosses in a giant board.
    +Karin brings fua
    +Giant board for plenty of room for making crosses
    +Insane potential damage with multiple crosses.
    -Crosses are hard to make with little time
    -Crosses can be hard to combine with other mechanics like follow-up attack and especially VDP, which requires a 3x3 box.
    -Kenshin can be bound
    Teambuilding: Kenshin/Ilmina (great board, pure damage for things like predras, killers, 1 sec)/Revo Raphael (1.5 sec, active with shield and heal)/Saria (lots of hp, amazing board)/New Years Ame (Bind clear. Otherwise, Kenshin getting bound will be a huge problem)/friend's UEVO Karin Kanzuki.
    *While I use all of the above leads or leads very similar to them (I don't have Jhoira or Kenshin), I am least practiced at building with cross leads. If you're running this team and want some feedback on it, @YamaKyu has a fantastic Karin guide (https://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/t...eet-fighter-collab.107420/page-3#post-1587506)

You can loosely think of the teams this way:
    Damage: DMeta>Reeche>Madoo
    Ease of use (easy teams make using VDP and FUA easier): Madoo>Reeche (assuming giant board)>DMeta

As for Valkyrie gear, she's a great pick. Her stats aren't great, but she's ridiculously strong due to 7c and dragon killers. She also has poison resists, which can be really helpful in some dungeons. I would think of her as a really powerful sub. As a lead, her attack multiplier is decent, but she's a far inferior version of the original Valkyrie Ciel who adds 2 seconds per lead, has a higher hp multiplier, and is unbindable (bindable leads can be a really frustrating liability).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    sgt502 and YamaKyu like this.
  5. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    -jawdrops-
    @Noc Holy crap. o_O First off, thank you so much for this! Wow. This is seriously impressive and the most detailed help I've gotten to date. I'll defiantly be working towards building these teams up once I get the right mats and what not for them all. (Probably gonna focus on MegaDMeta since I don't have anymore Diamond Dragon Fruit atm. lol)

A side note, I think you got my two accounts switched up there a bit. XD But considering everything in my boxes and that there are TWO accounts, I'm not gonna blame ya there. (I do have a Lugh on Strata -now two actually- but no Madoo. lol)

I do have a few questions, but have to run, so I'll ask them later. If you don't mind answering, that is.

Noc likes this.
  6. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Noc gives very detailed advice and I agree that team building varies depending on the dungeon. Main focus for any team building, for any modern dungeon is to have FUA and hazard resist (poison mainly). Bind and awoken bind clear needed depending on specific dungeon and whether your team is able to stall out the awoken bind clear or not.

If your main goal is to tackle Arena3 or lower, you need to have at least two fujin-style active skill, one VDP for A3 to defeat the Radar Dragons quickly and FUA. Bind and awoken bind clear aren't mandatory but you will need it for A4 and higher dungeons.

Noc likes this.
  7. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Noc Ok, sorry for the long wait (working on painting a room and got distracted. lol).
    Here are my questions:
    1.) If I were to farm for Eir, what would be the best way to get her? Solo? Mulitplayer? (Gonna have to look at what team/Monsters I should use too.)
    2.) For Rajin and Fujin which Evo should I use?
    3.) Same question for Inahime.

MegaDMeta is working somewhat well. I flub on my matching sometimes, but it's getting better. Trying to make myself not panic when I see the timer as I'm moving orbs. Also, I'm not certain what I should do with...oh, what's that mechanic called? when you can't one hit kill the boss, damned if I can remember right now. >.< I know I should stall, but should I try and get her shield up or just take the hits while getting below that shield?

I think getting Jhoira/Reeche's team up to snub is going to take me the longest. RagDra is still in his first form and I'm slowly working on getting all his mats (finally got MechAthena...after throwing a few stones at her. >.> )

@sgt502 Arenas, MechGod Dungeons (MZues ect ect), and clear the Expert level for the monthly quests. Maybe get to the point where I could work on the Super Rein mats for Haku. (yes, I'm that far behind. >.< )

sgt502 likes this.
  8. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    1) Honestly, Eir is a straight up pain. Your best bet will probably be to soften her up for a while and then to hit her with a VDP. You'll have to tank a lot of her hits, so a lead with a recovery multiplier and a shield would be nice. I think Fire Kami would be a solid option, but you'll have two big problems:
    Problem 1: The second floor has a light absorb. You'll need a card with void attribute absorb. You might have another option I'm not seeing, but the first one that comes to mind is Hestia who also happens to have a fantastic board for fire Kami. You need to use the UEVO or base form (not awoken). I'd run your teams in endless first just to see if you can get enough skill boosts to have Hestia's active up really quickly.
    Problem 2: While fighting Eir you'll be putting up with some annoying gimmicks like clouds, darkness, or spinners (orbs that constantly change attributes). The easiest, but really obnoxious, way to deal with that is just to stall until they go away. Otherwise, you can also attempt to fight her through them. She'll put up a shield that makes her immune to above a certain amount of damage and she'll one-shot you if she goes under 10%. Ideally, you'll to finish her off with a VDP (a 3x3 square of orbs that cuts through damage immunity when cards have the void damage penetration awakening) when she's getting close-ish to 10% hp. Your best fire VDPs are cards that require diamond dragon fruits like Madoo, Mega ROdin, and Mega Baldin. If you use an enhance (e.g. an inherited Silk) to boost fire damage, Sanada should be strong enough as well. It's a tough dungeon, so don't be surprised if it takes you multiple tries. But, Eir is a fantastic sub and worth the trouble. Her only real drawback is that she has no time extends. But, she hits really hard at under 50% hp, heals for a ton of hp when you match 4 hearts, and a has a fast active that gives you a row of hearts for unbinding, follow-up-attack, etc. (see 4)
    2) With Raijin, I would definitely favor Yellow-horned Raijin (the one with the water sub-attribute). She's unbindable, has higher hp, and is a very nice rainbow lead. As a lead, she has a shield and a recovery multiplier, so she's pretty good if you have some attacker typed subs for running her. If you want to mess with her and don't have her on both accounts, I often have her in slot 1. The other Raijin has a defense break awakening that allows you to reduce an enemy's defenses when you attack with 5 attributes, but you have other actives for that. Fujin is a tougher call and will depend on your priorities. The one with the water sub-attribute is unbindable, but the other Fujin gets an extra 7c which has a big effect on damage. The Fujin without the sub-attribute also has healer typing, which allows her to be used on healer teams like Valkyrie Ciel and Ciel Gear. Personally, I made my first Fujin the version without the sub-attribute for my Valk Ciel team.
    3) Inahime is down to personal preference. The UEVO version has a combo boost combined with a really nice board, which makes it easy to exploit 7c awakenings while using her active. When you're using a VDP or FUA, the combo boost can be really helpful for squeezing out some extra damage. But if you use this version and you have bindable subs or you're in a dungeon with awoken binds, you might be better off with the Awoken version of Inahime that clears binds. The red, blue, and green Samurai 2s tend to be used as assists, but if you use her as a sub one version gets a 7c awakening, which works beautifully with her combo boost, while the other gives more time. I often use Inahime as a bind clearer, so my only Inahime is Awoken. But I know many people that prefer the combo version. It's a personal preference.
    4) The mechanic you're describing that prevents you from one-shotting an enemy is called resolve. There are different ways to deal with that these days:
    A) The most common solution is the follow-up-attack (aka bonus attack) awakening (FUA): http://puzzledragonx.com/en/awokenskill.asp?s=47. If you make a column of hearts, a card with FUA will hit for an additional 1hp after you attack. This 1hp damage will finish off the enemy with resolve on the same turn. Hestia has FUA and is on-type for DMeta. Keep in mind that you'll still need to hit 7 combos including the heart column to get DMeta's full attack multiplier, so you might want a way to boost your combo count like Khepri on a lead that requires 7 combos like DMeta.
    B) Damage control: Carefully do enough damage to the enemy to get under the resolve percentage and then finish it off. This can often be risky because "lucky" skyfalls can really ruin your day.
    C) Poison/counter-attack: If an enemy is not immune to poison, you can use a card like Neptune or Rodin to poison it. You then kill the enemy and the poison will finish it off. Counter-attack (e.g. from Anubis's active) works similarly, but with counter-attack the boss gets to attack before the counter-attack kicks in. This means that if they heal rather than attacking you, your counter-attack does nothing.
    D) Tank the last hit: If an enemy attacks you when their hp is really low, you can potentially put up a shield that will allow you to survive that last hit. You use the shield and then kill the enemy in one hit. You need to make sure that your shield is strong enough ahead of time and that the enemy will attack rather than healing itself. A really safe shield is Raphael's since he blocks 100% of damage for 1 turn.
    E) Nuke them: This works with enemies that heal back just over the point when their resolve turns back on. You use an active like DMeta's to nuke the enemy, which knocks them back under the resolve point, and then just finish them off. So basically kill to trigger resolve->nuke->actually kill.
    F) Leader skills that attack after orb elimination: Some leads, e.g. Vajra (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4256) and Hino (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3271), do some additional damage every time you match orbs. If one of your leads has this kind of leader skill, you'll finish the enemy off on the same turn if you knock the enemy's hp down to 1.
    Note: The safest strategies are A and F in that order. A is the only one that is guaranteed to work. F works as long as the enemy doesn't have very high defense. If their defense>the amount of damage you deal after orb elimination, then you'll do 0 damage with the attack from the leader skill.

sgt502 likes this.
  9. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Noc Hmmm, with Fire Kami I could throw on Jhoira's card assit on Kami, since it will take care of the clouds. And maybe use Avidya Saber (Nargacuga's assist form) as an assist for the three blind resist. Don't know if there's anything that can deal with the spinners.

Of course I already used the Awoken form on Hestia, but I guess I could Devo her.

10. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    The only way to deal with spinners is with an active that locks orbs, which aren't especially common. Eir gives you 3 tests, one with each hazard and then hits you with the ones that resulted in your hitting the smallest number of combos.
    If you can bring in cloud resist and darkness resists, you could potentially try to make a lot of matches when the spinners come out and deliberately flub the darkness or cloud part. Assuming the game can't tell that the mechanic has been resisted, Eir will hit you with something that you can resist. I'm not sure if this would work, since I've never tried it. The other option, which was the one I took is just to stall through the hazards for 15 turns. You'll need to occasionally use actives when you get bad boards, but it's fairly manageable.

Before evolving Jhoira, keep in mind that these equip evolutions, like Jhoira's, are permanent until the collab comes back and that no one knows when that will be.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  11. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Noc I actually have two Jhoira's on my main account. I kept one her main evo and the other her card.

12. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Noc I just picked up a Echidna on my main account would she be good on the Mega Scheat/Madoo team? Or as a alt lead for that team?

13. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Echidna is a great sub and a solid lead. Since delays are often resisted and the effectiveness of her killer awakenings will depend on what you're up against, I would situationally sub her in to your Madoo/Scheat team. You could also run her on your Kami teams.

Echidna is solid as a lead, but I would not pair her with Madoo or Scheat. The problem is that their leader skills hinder each other. The main advantage of Madoo and Scheat is that their leader skill will work on just about any natural board with no active required. So usually you match 5 of something random (e.g. jammers or dark orbs), and then use the rest of the board to attack any way you want. Echidna removes that flexibility by requiring 4+ fire orbs, which makes your team more fire orb hungry and limits what you can do on a given board. Madoo and Scheat can often clear floors without a fire TPA for example. If you want optimal set-ups, I would pair Echidna with herself.

But, if you're in a really short dungeon where you can constantly use board and orb changers to generate fire orbs and just want to mix things up because you can, Echidna with one of them would be just fine.

14. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Noc Ok, thanks!

Going to try and tackle a few of the Machine dungeons, mainly Goemon. Need to look it over to see what I need.