I'm back! Wow, Gungho never stops trolling though.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AktionMan, Dec 5, 2017.

1. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm still trying to get my old account back (I lost it when I switched phones), which I played on for several years and was rank... maybe...400-something?

Either way, I figured I might as well start over so I did a few quick rerolls today.

It felt like old times!

First I got Anima. Not terrible, but nobody I'd use in the future. So I rerolled and got Exa-Hydra. Then Guivre-Chimera. I assume these are still the worst troll golds you can pull.

Finally got me a dark valk, and it seems fun to try and blast through with a mostly-unconditional kind of lead for a while so I think I'll stick with her.

Hello again everyone, glad to see not much has changed.

2. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    450. Your last login was 447 days ago, and I still have you as a best friend, lol. Holy balls it's been that long?!? Welcome back dude!

DValk should get you some good mileage now. Exa-hydra isn't that bad now that skill inheritance is a thing, but it's a terrible starter, yeah. I suggest blazing up to rank 50 in less than 2 weeks for a free dragon caller roll.

Late game meta is more combo rich than before with the advent of more 7x6 leaders and the "double damage at 7 or more combos" awakenings, plus general power creep, but there's a lot of high-tier leaders now so the field's rather open.

3. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks! Holy crap, it's been over a year?? Time flies! Looks like I still have my maxed Perseus up, who else do I have up for you? Hopefully someone useful, lol.

I admit I'm torn between trying to restore my old account (I found the old phone, just gotta find a charger and I might be able to pull a device switch code through wifi) and starting fresh with DValk for the moment. Some of the early grind can be fun, but not sure if it's worth slogging through early evo mat/weekly dungeon/+ dungeon/tamadra grind. Not sure which I'm going to enjoy more. But I like the idea of finding some of my old friends and starting to be useful again.

How's the meta looking? More combo heavy is good, since that's pretty fun. Still the damage cap absorb/Vishnu arena gimmick kind of stuff? That's where I really started getting burnt out before, but after playing some other mediocre P2W games over the last year it sounds a little more appealing now. The grass is always greener.

4. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Eh, the newer stuff is even more gimmicky bullshit. There's a card that nullifies damage absorb as an active, along with another that negates skyfall for a turn. 6* GFEs, mind, but those're there. Sopdet and Vishnu are locked in time.

Big bullshit nowadays is stuff like orbs that are constantly changing their suit, a banner across a row/column which prevents movement there, and permanently darkened orbs that can't be swiped away but will only go away on either a timer or on match.

And higher HP pools. Like the current C10 has a boss with 205,000,000 HP. Some players are still one shotting him.

5. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not surprised with the gimmicky bullshit, but that's some insane HP. I suppose I won't be DValking my way through him, haha. Even at rank 450 I was never patient/calm enough to try Arena 1, let alone 2 (and I think 3 was just coming around when I went AWOL). Sopdet and Vishnu were too annoying to me.

Jury's still out as to whether I put in the effort to try and restore my old account. I had some good teams built up, and plussing was a grueling grind. But I just pulled DValk and Sakuya to start building some interesting new teams again...we'll see.