I'm Stumped: Gilles Legato Descended!

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by stratataisen, Jul 2, 2018.

1. stratataisen

stratataisen Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've tried three different teams so far, my DAth team, my Jhoira/BHunter team, and my RevoCao Cao. I had to most success with that last team, but even then I still couldn't get past the fourth floor. =/ I know there are probably some really good builds out there, but more than likely I won't be able to build them on either account. Of my available cards, do I even have a team that I could beat this with?

(thankfully I'd have a month to level/evolve things if I needed to)

2. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I believe the thing with the fourth floor is that you need to keep at least one poison orb on the board for the Dark Baron to convert to dark.

I've managed to defeat it with Anublos, and I just didn't match any poison orbs.

3. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Honestly, this dungeon is rather difficult if your team can't dish out enough damage and/or tank damage. But I do believe @kaylathehedgehog is correct for floor 4, you have to leave poisons available for him to convert.

The last floor will likely give you the most trouble though (as it should), it hits hard and has a ton of HP. Unfortunately, if floor 4 is giving you a lot of problems, I'm afraid the last floor will simply be too much for your team(s) to handle. If you are still determined to try though, you will likely have to bring a damage enhancer for your team to finish off the last floor.

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't overwrite the poison skyfall. If there aren't any poison orb on board Baron will most likely killed you. If you just want to clear it and didn't want to bother farming for skill up or Evo, just stall untill the poison skyfall disappear and kill the Baron immediately. He's a balance type so any balance killer card will be a big help.

For Gilles Legato himself, he has immunity shield just like Hexazeon. Kill the right pillar first. Legato will does leader swap and if it doesn't screw you, you can kill the left pillar. When both pillars are gone, Legato will remove his immunity shield then you can damage him.

If you kill both pillar through mass attack, he will revive the right pillar and the right pillar will revive the left pillar and you will have to do it all over again.

What's you most powerful combo lead beside BHunter? BHunter in solo will only does 9x so you'll get only 81x from both leader and if you don't have any strong subs with double or triple 7c it might be hard.

5. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am happy that Gilles is the top challenge dungeon this month, it will give me time to farm up a Gilles Legato for both of my accounts. He is a sexy vampire and I must have him! :vamp:

sgt502 and kaylathehedgehog like this.
  6. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @sgt502 I'm doing this in multiplayer mode with my alt account.

7. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I finally managed to get him and both pillars the last time it was showed up, so all I need are the two Vamp Lords and I can evolve him. I was pretty stoked, though the pillars are pretty enough that I'm kind of tempted to try to get one of each for my box.

It's nice to have some handsome husbandos, even if the waifus out number them.

8. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Jhoria can definitely do it, assuming you are activating leader skill most turns and there isn't an overt combo count / mechanics problem.

Also, there are only 5 floors. End floor is literally after Baron, so you were almost getting there. He is delayable, if you want to get that margin of safety degenerate vs no poison falling from some weird rng luck.

I usually incidentally sweep Baron running some silly high damage team, but I did die to him once taking some askew lulzy team in when I didn't realize he basically rage hits for 200+k if he lives and there are no poison. He isn't hard, hits for about 30k for his repeated performed normal attack, if you work around that requirement, and he converts poison to dark every turn, so basically just clear enough of the board a random posion falls somewhere.

The end floor looks scary the first time you play it, but doesn't hit that hard, relatively, provided your team hp isn't so soft that an random hit sequence is lethal. Coop hp is usually plenty. There isn't much actives pressure the mob floors, so, particularly in coop mode, you can afford to bring a shield or two or a boost or so forth.

Giles himself doesn't have a rage hit. It may take awhile.
    But he is sort of like a Civilization game, where he's meant to seem to put up some resistance, while losing to you in the end.

Dath doesn't have the damage. End floor is 100m 100m 300m, though you get quite a lot of turns versus not very hard hits. Still, take something that deals a bit more than Dath. Jhoira/someSplitLead with a reasonable damage sub or two of some kind, like for instance your double 7cc on-color blue Ney, or Tachibana, sure.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  9. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    I didn’t really know this was hard, I just kept thwacking without really getting the mechanics and eventually Gilles died. Usually I’ll run a dungeon blind and if I didn’t die due to whiffing I’ll look into what their *trick* is.

Legato was hit hit hit, he’ll revive his pillars ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ many times before eventually letting me kill him. This was both with an Amatsu team and a Yusuke team.

10. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes, we know you're good, now go brag somewhere else :p

11. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    I think getting the win on this dungeon is what, really just a damage rush, no?

So if that's the case @stratataisen just get your best version of your Okun team with as many TEs and 7cs as you can. Hopefully with a Dark Skyfall active or two to help push those combo numbers up, maybe a Nohime if you have. Actually I bet Okun with a Loki or Durga sub and whatever you have thats Dark and has multiple TEs (esp Yomi) would work if your Okun had the 2nd 7c. Heck even your B.Ney would work on the team if you had enough TEs to activate hard enough reliably.

Basically just 7c/TE awakenings and Add Combo, Add Time, Increase Skyfall or bi/tri colour Board Change actives and whatever the biggest multi-turn burst you have seems like it would work. No stressing over FUA, VDP, Att-Absorb, Bind Clear, Awoken Skill Bind etc etc.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  12. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Orange Crush Okun was a work in progress, But I can defiantly work on him if needed. Just need to work out the subs. I'm just short on +s >.< Part of me is tempted to melt the +297s I have that I don't use anymore...not going to because I know that would be dumb on my part, but still tempting.

13. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My new Rikku made short work of this dungeon. :D

14. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Orange Crush So for teams so far I have:

Main: Revo Okuninushi// Coiled Ney /Resolving Eschamali / Revo Yomi / Revo Loki
    Alt: Revo Okuninushi// Catastrophic Typhon / Revo Yomi / Allatu / Resolving Eschamali

15. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Woot! I beat it! .... and I got the Red Stone Piller.... ;-; Oh well.