I'm sure not many people will agree with me... but...

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by kandjar, Apr 12, 2019.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I really DONT LIKE THE NEW RANKING SYSTEM!!!

Many other app were using this system, I was talking to other people before, which explained to me the way it works...
    As in: EXACTLY the same way as this ranking system.
    This is: The more you spend stones to replenish you stamina the higher you are.

Although I do sux at the traditional ranking and it has its own flaws... mainly: luck and team factor; I did like the fact only one run counted!
    Being able to spend stones to climb the ladder is even more 'pay to win' than before.

I do seriously hate it.

Even player like Mantastic mentioning in their video that they had to spend a stone to recharge their stam in order to score high...

Yeah I'm ranting big time... I know people will like it, coz they can guarantee a crown or whatever reward... etc.....

To be fair, the principle of the ranking is fun: avoiding matching a specific color while fighting the time limit, I think the gameplay is quite amusing in itself; the cumulative aspect of it, I HATE IT...

Bottomline, if it's occasional, it's ok... BUT:
    - If they all start to become like this.
    - AND/OR if you are force to spend stones as the top rank will get a exclusive monster of some sort...
    I will seriously consider quitting.

2. hoyun

hoyun Well-Known Member

It's not that bad, I was running it with my normal stamina for 2 days and my score is 470k now. If you exchange that for stones, it'll probably cost less than 5 stones for me. So if I'm stoning by this rate, I would have myself a guarantee crown for less than 10 stones, which should be far less needed comparing to the old system.

3. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

They didn't know what to do with PAD W... and this is what we get. lol

4. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't mind it too terribly but I just happened to have time to play and grind it out, otherwise, I'd be pretty annoyed. Assuming we reach the goals, the rewards aren't bad so I'm not too upset about it. The personal rewards was just a potential crown and some Rainbow Medals, so even if you weren't at the top 10%, it's still not the end of the world. Also, I only used 1 stone to reach 1M during the first event so it's not like I'm refreshing stam like crazy.

5. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I ran when I could, I was not able to find the sweet spot between lvl 7 points and clearing the target color often enough. My high score run was probably 18k+, but the average just 7-9k. Overall I did get to 420k cumulative score.

I like the dungeon though for a number of reasons. I was able to complete the dungeon often enough. Each time I got a nice reward for clearing the dungeon. It seems to be making me more considerate of faster play and strategic matching. I did use a single stone, but the exp given was enough for me to level up a few times as well. Hit 600 on both accounts.

Freddy likes this.
  6. GatesofNov

GatesofNov Royal Blue

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am burned out from the first one. I hope this doesn't become the norm for ranking dungeons. The prizes are good and the 7x6 one is faster to cap but still

7. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    On the one hand I totally understand where you're coming from. I managed to run the current ranking 3 or 4 times before feeling like I was dying of boredom. On the other hand, I'm not sure why you would consider quitting just because you don't like ranking dungeons. I also hated the original ranking dungeons. I actually skipped them all regardless of the prizes. And I also don't care for a lot of the challenge dungeon mechanics that require overly specific subs to deal with something stupid like Kuromitsuha's poison skyfall. The new content in this game has always been hit or miss for me and I imagine it's the same for a lot of people.

If you're not having fun, then by all means quit. But, I'm not sure why you would make a decision about playing the game based on specific questionable decisions on gungho's end if you're still having a good time. Just play the content you enjoy and pass on the rest. Maybe you'll miss out on a stone or two, or a particular roll, but who cares when you can put that same time into something more rewarding or enjoyable?

ko300zx likes this.
  8. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    This is how everything in PAD works.

The more stones you spend the....
    more + eggs you can farm.
    more killers you can farm.
    more enhance mats you can farm.
    more skillups you can farm.
    more experience you can farm.
    etc...

In this case, it is rainbow medals. Just like everything above, you don't have to stone to run those, and just like above, it gets tiring and boring after a while if you want to grind as much as you can. You can accept what you can get out of natural stamina, or you can stone for more rewards and suffer through the grind. No idea why people have an issue with this new mode (other than my problems with server rewards). This is what PAD has always been.

Orange and Jph81 like this.
  9. 20matar

20matar main:20Matar alt:firefly

User ID:
    20matar
    I got 999.999 in both days with no trouble, but in my opinion, crown is absolutely irrelevant(for me at least).:finger:

Crown doesn't change anything to me, so isn't big deal at all (perhaps GH could give us some kind of MS purchase discount for people with crowns , then will be super relevant :smug:).

Actually I played this ranking (and still playing even after I reached the cap) because of the drops.
    Just amazing!:)
    15+ King tamadras, and got a lot of SG that I exchanged for SSG's to limit break 4 of my cards.

So, honestly speaking, I really don't care if the ranking system is lame or not, I just did my best for fill up my inventory.:smuggrin:

Also, we received (free) 100 magic stones, and I saved 10 for this event, just used 4 so far, because I got some ranking up in the middle.

xer 21 likes this.
  10. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am with you 20matar. I have been getting King Tamas, Globe, Pis, and SDRs so not going to complain. Best farming dungeon if you are in need of those things. Dont know if I have the time to grind to 999, but may try if the weather sucks outside.

20matar likes this.
  11. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's not too difficult to get 1M this time around, it took me roughly about 1000 stamina and because it gives pretty good xp, I just ranked up and continued doing it, I didn't even need to stone and I still had a whole day of stamina (today) left if I needed it.

12. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's true, I did reach 1M w/ that 7x6 although i had to rank up to be able to do it; but the most irritating part is having such stupid cumulative dungeon over 2 working days... who in their F. mind thought it was a good id.

Sorry, still rambling about it

13. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No, I'm with you, they certainly didn't think it through, just like how they didn't really think through the whole 3-hour one-shots or even the old guerilla dungeons when they only lasted an hour.

Anyway, if the future events are like this second event, it's not too bad and I don't mind it terribly, especially not if we get pretty good rewards for our troubles. If it's like the first one though, I'm definitely not a fan and not sure how often I'd continue doing it; it was far too tedious and took way too long.

14. ko300zx

User ID:
    Oh it is all thought through. The less time you get, the more it encourages stones to be spent. If you only get an hour to farm Tamas, you only get one round off of natural stamina. You want more? Get out those stones.

15. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ....... all of this contrasts with the fact we have gotten over 300 free stones and many other gifts in recent months. Yes, they are in it for money, but customer pleasure still seems very prominent in their efforts.

16. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I'm sure GH likes to get as many stones as they can out of people, but given that you could max out the second day and probably the first day from less than a single Super GF roll, I don't think GH is doing this to make the big bucks...

I don't like it, though. This style of ranking dungeon gameplay simultaneously (1) is boringly repetitive and (2) requires a fair amount of concentration. And you can't just run it for an hour and be done (unless you're a lot better than I am). So this encourages you to spend way too much time focusing on a boring task. @ko300zx In my mind, that makes it different from stoning to button-farm some guerrilla dungeon.

kaylathehedgehog likes this.
  17. 20matar

20matar main:20Matar alt:firefly

User ID:
    20matar
    Exactly.:yawn::sorry::hungover:

18. ko300zx

User ID:
    Doesn't matter if it's 1 stone spent on this particular dungeon or 50. Stones spent are stones spent (= money) regardless of how many or when and where. There was a graph going around showing revenue increasing again after they started giving away the big stone freebies. So despite giving away hundreds of stones for what may seem like "customer pleasure", people are willing to spend more money now than they were before. Give away more freebies to keep people happy and engaged, offer more bargain sets to get those people to spend more money while they are happy about all the free shit, get them to burn through some of those stones on "free crowns." It's all big picture and it's a combination of all the recent changes, not just one. You can't look at one dungeon over 4 days immediately after 100 free stones and say it's not about the money.

As for the gameplay itself, I'd rather drown myself in the kitchen sink than button or swipe farm anything for more than 5 mins. :dead: I'd much rather sit down for 20-30 mins and run something like this ranking that actually involves matching boards and challenging myself. I mean, that's PAD. That's why I play. I found it pretty fun trying to hit higher and higher scores. INFINITELY more fun and interesting than the normal Gachadra Dios swiping for an hour waiting for a Soniadra to spawn. Different strokes for different folks.

BurningMan likes this.
  19. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I actually liked it and you got nice rewards for every clear so it wasn't just a stone sink.
    It much better than a normal ranking dungeon where all you do is spent stones for a one good run and you get nothing out of it other than frustration from the other runs.
    There arr some flaws in the system but getting actual rewards out of every run in the dungeon so that even a bad run accounts for something made this pretty nice

BonerChamp69 and ko300zx like this.
  20. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Yeah the snow globes and minis were pretty sweet.