Indigo Tournement

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by LostTie, Mar 12, 2018.

1. LostTie

LostTie NA 395.139.413

How do you fare and what is your team? I ran both Ameno row and rainbow Ideal leads, both have between -10K to -20K..

Too many floors. Would a Yog team blew this faster? There is a light color check on floor 13 so may be a prong team like Dathena and such?

2. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    everyone's doing a Zeus verse team with killers to one combo the whole thing.

3. Hashtag

Hashtag Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I tried 1 run thinking it was the normal Indigo descended. 15 floors later my green Ney team got a 68%. I guess I'm never clearing the beginner badge challenges that require you to "just" get 50%.

I've arrived at an awkward point where I like the idea of the game and can enjoy watching it be played, but can barely stand actually playing it. I guess dungeons like this just remind me what an overly powercreeped pile of shit this game has become.

4. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    The team people are using is a farmable lead with plenty of old subs. There's nothing powercreeped about it.

5. Digity

Digity Member

yeah getting <10% is pretty easy with a farmable team

6. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    On my first try I ran with my RagDra team and got top 40%.
    I'm sure I can do much better if I run it again since I was distracted at the time and didn't realize there were so many floors on this one... lol

7. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Is it actually worth buttoning the king tan in this one? Skill-only penalty seems pretty significant considering the length of the dungeon.

8. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    it only has like 450k defense so id rather put some enhance killers on something and just one combo it.

tanpopo likes this.
  9. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    Even one combo with Verse is a limited affair as the non-attack orbs pile up. Verse is fast, but RNG/skyfalls can ruin the execution, as usual.

10. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I casual ran an uninformed
    Zeus / mito / droiddragon / scheat^Ama / no6 / zeus^antijammer.equip

Making 2 combos vs one whenever lazy uninformed doubtful about damage, and resorting to a 1 combo water TPA to likewise make scheat do about 6m, again, when in doubt about dmg needs or convenient. Probably also typically overcomboed the end floor, but I can report that in 8 runs per my stamina bar to hand, got 4 of 8 inside 10% and ended up with a 3% run.

The no6 is rubbish though. The double SBR are fine, the killers are almost completely superfluous, the fire to keep the 1 orb matching rainbow flexish is surprisingly decent. (Flex to match colors helps keep dead orbs/colors from piling up.)

I suppose I'll see if I can improve by both actually working out what color 1 combos what floor, paring down my unneccesary 2 combos, and running a better flex slot.

I'm leaning running Leona for a mix of four killers that aren't mito and Zeus already cleaning house on devil's, which is easy enough.

I'm pretty tempted to drop Droid for a couple anti-jammer equips, as blind is superfluous and poisoning only occurs final floor (and imho isnt too hard to match around), to instead still make 100 SBR and run yet another killers card in fire, achieving a nice primary sub colors rainbow for 1 matching flexibly on board ratio balance and-or whats semi-randomly positionally top/sides for skyfall minimizing.

Probably Chester for physical/god killers for next to last physical floor, but perhaps just Chiyome balanced+devil killer for easier skyfall minimizing trash floors. Dunno. I'm not sure I need any 1 combo help those early midfloors. Otoh, I'm not sure next to last I won't just preferably aim to include scheat TPA / devil killers, as a water TPA + light 2 combo (need to actually check)

Zeus^antijammer / Mito / Scheat^Ama / Leona / Chester^antijammer / Zeus^whatever

I've not yet figured out any good way to deal with hearts. Even if you one combo a bunch of floors fairly crisply, the hearts gradually accumulate and can make it increasingly harder (or in a flood very difficult) to avoid getting a heart combo in a solve or skyfall completion. That's run variance though.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  11. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Active Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    For a double SBR I'm using vishnu now. a tpa makes him do 3.8m. Which I then proceeded to all heavy tpa guys and pulled a 6.7% but I had too much skyfall. Room to improve I guess.

12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been using my Verse farming team for coin farming on the weekends and blazing through Normal and Technical dungeons on my alt to clear quests. I used the same team for this ranking dungeon.

My team on both accounts is: Verse / No.6 / Kiri / Shazel / Aten

For my main account, I used female B/L hunter (a.k.a. rainbow hunter) assist on my No.6 (which I'll probably leave on there for my Enra team), Mito assist on Shazel, and LKali assist on Aten. The two heal assists were for floors with preemptive attacks and the LKali board was a counter for jammers. Poisons weren't an issue since I could easily OHKO Indigo on the last floor.

For my alt account, I used female B/L hunter assist on No.6, Acala assist on Shazel (which I ended up not needing), and RAma assist on Aten.

I made it as high as 4.9% on my main and 6.1% on my alt after several tries. I think I'm good.

Anything above 20% will count toward quests on my alt, which was my primary motive in playing this ranking dungeon.

Vaedriel likes this.
  13. Digity

Digity Member

If you just want 10% here is a farmable team. Can maybe even get 1% if you use some rem subs and if you have better rng

14. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay. Now I have a reason to evo my Zeus. Thanks for sharing that video!

15. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    How are you guys generating so much damage with so few combos?

I get my team to MAX LVL, +297, Max Sjill. Is the assist aspect so much of a difference, or awoken assist?

16. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Killer awakenings.

17. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    This is fine, though I've definitely 1 comboed the first two floors and think there is substantial room for improvement.

The gist of things is that if you want to chase after 1 instead if 10, you are going to have to sit down with several test runs and experimentally work out exactly what colors/combos you can get away with on what floors, and possibly tweak on a latent killer or some plus eggs if a floor is close and you want to shave a combo or have flex on which 1 combo color. That refinement with close attention to detail is how a lot of people shave off a few seconds for that extra couple of thousand to place into 1 zone. Imho.

18. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    Got 5% on first clear with Verse | Shazel^Ama | Laila^Lielan (for combo) | Serket^GGY | Baldin and antijammer antipoison on each Verse.

One-two combo. I could tighten up the team, e.g. put in a blue killer—Sharon for Laila—to get clear on any color.

I doubt I’d break 1% though, so I guess this my good enough score.

19. Digity

Digity Member

or you could put your team in pdc and calc what you need for each floor

20. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ok, so it IS the killer awakenings. Which? Just basic killers, not awokens or assists?