Infinite Data Download Loop?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by foschirios, Oct 9, 2014.

1. foschirios

foschirios Active Member

I own the OnePlus One and recently updated OTA to the newest stock rom 38R. Now my game is stuck in an infinite "Data Download" loop. Is anyone else having this issue?

2. CookieNoms

CookieNoms New Member

Same exact problem been googling for the past hr for answers but none came up

3. CookieNoms

CookieNoms New Member

If only I read that first

4. ndpark

ndpark New Member

Noooo! I should have known this would be an issue! I hope someone finds a way to fix this. I hope we can all submit bug reports to gungho

5. foschirios

foschirios Active Member

I've submitted reports to GungHo and Oneplus!

6. CookieNoms

CookieNoms New Member

Anyone have any success in fixing this?

7. foschirios

foschirios Active Member

Oneplus One just emailed me. Gave directions on how to downgrade. Failed to give directions on unlocking the bootloader. Go here for bootloader:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/

Directions from Oneplus One:

Before you start your fastboot, please also make sure you have the Developer option enabled. To do so:

Settings > About Phone > Build number

Now Tap the Build number 7 times to enable the Developer options (you will see a pop up message)

Press the back button, now you should see the Developer options available under System.

Once that is done, you can start the fastboot procedure.

You'll need Android ADB drivers installed first, for which you can use the standard Google Android SDK drivers if you're using Windows: https://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html

Next Download The Android SDK Manager : https://dl.google.com/android/adt/adt-bundle-windows-x86-20140702.zip

Afterwards, follow these steps:

0) Backup everything important you have on the device. Flashing will erase all data from your phone.

1) Download at http://dist01.slc.cyngn.com/factory/bacon/cm-11.0-XNPH33R-bacon-signed-fastboot.zip

and unzip to /android-sdk/platform-tools folder (for easy access)

2) Turn off device, then first press the power button and immediately hold the Volume Up button until the device shows the fastboot screen.

3) Run the following in the command line (that means, windows+r, type cmd, press enter), in sequence:

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata_64g.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash cache cache.img
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
    fastboot flash dbi sdi.mbn
    fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
    fastboot flash rpm rpm.mbn
    fastboot flash tz tz.mbn
    fastboot flash LOGO logo.bin

4) Still using the same command line, enter "fastboot reboot" to reboot your OnePlus One into CyanogenMod

Worked like a charm for me! Back to playing on my Oneplus instead of my old S3 lol

8. レン.

レン. Member

That's not really a solution. PAD devs are incompetent and should just remove the anti-hack bs causing this and otherwise forcing us not to use xposed.

Xposed is pretty much mandatory for a usable Android experience with all the bull Google's been pulling on stock roms.

CM could probably do a workaround, but they probably won't enable Gungho's incompetence. I know I wouldn't (I'd point out where the fault lies exactly and rub it in with salt)

9. tina

tina pedro aguiar - snobiety

aw man I was hoping for a fix...sigh
    hopefully when they update the game to lollipop they will make it work for opo

10. レン.

レン. Member

You mean oppo? All you can do is just keep harassing their facebook/support and be sure to harass Japan as well. I don't think Android L fix will make PAD work on CM because the problems are different. L is incompatible because it only uses ART runtime and PAD is using a sort of cheat to gain better performance, while CM/certain ROMs/any device using xposed is failing to run it because of the anti-cheat detection that doesn't even stop cheaters.

I don't understand how Japanese don't use root or CM and don't complain about awful anti-hack crap that forces us to not make our devices useable, Android is literally useless the way Google and manufacturer OSes been butchering it. I can't even write files on my SD card with the stock ROM because of Google's bad decisions and Samsung botched it so adding the permission doesn't even fix it, you need xposed or a CM ROM...

11. tina

tina pedro aguiar - snobiety

yeah, I'm not really sure why this game does not work on opo or why it worked on a previous version of the phone before the updates...
    I was hoping that once cm comes out with an official L version or cm12 and gungho makes this game compatible with L then I can magically play it on my phone again

12. レン.

レン. Member

If you see the game start working with P&D on any recent CM nightly, please post here.

In the meantime all CM and xposed users should keep on bitchin' to both CM JIRA and Gunghole.

CM could do a workaround (though they shouldn't need to) but I don't see them giving a crap and Gunghole JP doesn't care at all since most of their profit is from Japanese users who aren't allowed to even root.

13. SumiXam

SumiXam Burninating the Golden Dragon

User ID:
    345 874 294
    Personally, I don't run ROMs that don't allow me to use the apps I want/need to use. I've never been a fan of CM though.

14. SumiXam

SumiXam Burninating the Golden Dragon

User ID:
    345 874 294
    Ahh...you must be talking about the stupid Knox garbage that Samsung introduced a little while back. That has little to do with Google and everything to do with Samsung introducing security features that allow them to cater to corporate clients. I managed to pickup my device that didn't have that update yet, so I've never opted to upgrade, and I use that term loosely. It's sad that Android is supposedly open source, but device manufacturers and some devs seem think that they need to restrict the users' ability to create their own experience...which is kind of what Android is all about. If I wanted a restricted and inflexible user experience I'd by Apple products.

I know the problem isn't as simple as the ROM, framework, etc., but I chose to only buy devices and run ROMs that allow me the user experience I need. If there is an app that I need, or greatly want to run, and something in that ROM or app doesn't play well with the others, then I start shopping around for another solution. I've gone to different ROMs for a variety of reasons. I've also completely ditched apps that I enjoyed because they had crappy development that doesn't work well with rooted devices. That's just me.

15. レン.

レン. Member

Eh, it doesn't seem to be knox though. I remove that crap. But they probably changed something else for 'security' that screwed me over.

When I bought this device, it was because of the screen, stylus, unlocked bootloader, knox hadn't existed back then, and it was known for working with CM roms as well. But older firmwares stutter to varying degrees and updates reduced them while sacrificing usability..gg google/samsung. And then later CM builds had a bug that made the device essentially unusable til just this last week or two.

If I ever get a new device, it needs a good large screen like this, and a GOOD stylus like the s pen that can fit inside the device. How many devices are there like that? I'll bet most are either GSM or Verizon, and I have no gsm service here and Verizon will have to visit me and rob me in person if they want money from me..

The google Nexus series are basically the only good experience but they're cheaper devices with no frills, also, gsm. I'd love for cdma to be illegal and gsm to be standard, but it's not happening..ever.. thank the FCC and other government agencies for all taking big bribes..

16. レン.

レン. Member

Heard in irc new update works with Android 5.
    Any confirmations on that? and more importantly:
    Does it still not work in CM? (I would check but not wasting half a write cycle and an hour of flashing/backup/restoration to check)

17. black-wolf

black-wolf New Member

Well as far as I can find in OPO foruns and in https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-1562 it still does not work.

So we continue stuck @ 33R

18. レン.

レン. Member

https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-1562 for fix... hopefully the rom will fixed by default soon..cm12 works

19. xl2i5

xl2i5 New Member

Thanks for the update. I imagine if further updates break PAD, just keep applying this fix or cross fingers that someone will notice what is breaking this in the first place?