Interest check: A guide for B.Myr

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by EoTN, Aug 18, 2016.

1. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

So, I've nearly completely finished my guide to Orchid. (The core information has been there since she launched in JP, all I've been doing is beautification and updates. Don't you go thinking I'm a slacker! :p) I recently rolled BMyr, and was considering her as my next guide topic. I've seen a TON of questions about "Should I buy BMyr?" and, "What's the best BMyr team?" and I figured it would be a useful resource for the community. I just wanted to see if I could get a "show of hands" of sorts on who would want such a guide. So... leave a comment I guess? :p

2. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    thatd be nice. now lets convince everyone to buy her lol

3. pYrnna

pYrnna Bikinitron's waifu

User ID:
    pYrnna
    PADherder:
    link
    I think there are enough online resources for the questions you mentioned. I'd be more interested to see a min-max sort of thing, where you weigh the costs and benefits of subs, latents, SI, and stuff like that in a more cohesive post, rather than the general "oh yeah... these subs here work, and with latents just go anything" that's been more prevalent.

Stuff like:
    "Take certain latents on BMyr if you're going to inherit B skill."
    "Sub X will be useful with other sub Y, but not with sub Z."
    "B skill inherit with sub X if you have sub Y, but not if you're going to have sub Z"

I don't know how relevant these examples are, but something along those lines would be more helpful than yet another post saying "yeah bmyr is strong here are some general notes about andromeda and various other subs here are a few clear vids". :p

4. CURIOUSCOMP

CURIOUSCOMP Flaccid Member

User ID:
    NA:300,485,211
    PADherder:
    link
  5. HeartlessIndigo

HeartlessIndigo Inactive Member

PADherder:
    link
    For the most part her teambuilding is stupidly simple (spam andro + other blue cards like sumire, ryune, etc.) , but a guide for the tip top highest dungeons would be nice if that can be worked up on.

On second thought, even though it is pretty simple, having something to read up on for newcomers (not like bmyr will have a ton of newcomers >_<) would be good.

That's the problem though, Most people who have bmyr bought her, and the ones who bought her know what teams they want to make, lol. At least on this forum, I haven't seen anyone buying bmyr without knowing they have a good team for her.

Though, a guide could help convince more people to join in the bmyr train...

6. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I think a combined Myr guide would be more useful.
    Honestly, they're very similar, and they can stray into running basically identical off color builds, like the Myr x4kaede Myr shenanigans.

Really, if we're talking community value, making a guide for all the heartcross leads in general. The heartcross guide. Might be the more valuable overall animal. Because they all often have a system build, vs an offcolor Kaede build, vs similar issues with damage control, board patterns, heartbreakers, safe storage patterns for saving extra hearts, etc.

I get that some of the board solves are a touch different on TPA Kaede vs 5 orb Sumire, vs Myr, and some color specific subs can appear in a slot at times, but the heartcross lead's similarities are legion.

The teams mostly build themselves. Latents are barely ever relevant.
    Does the card make both hearts and the color of interest? Yes or no.
    90% done, by and large.

Most of the questions I see that aren't captain obvious, are newish players with shallow boxes trying to make do with weird subs from shallow box availability.

7. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

I had considered this, however I prefer to actually play the leads I write guides on so that I can test interactions and give the best possible advice. I don't have Kaede, Gremory, Ronove, or regular Miru, so that kinda fell flat for me :p

Hmm. I agree, but at the same time, there's already a Myr guide out there, and I wouldn't want to devalue that author's work or try to steal their community, so IDK. I'll think about this though.

8. FXStrato

FXStrato Neonine

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Every dungeon is different. You won't find a guide on her that is that comprehensive; most of them link to videos of clears, and people just follow the setup that was shown. Also, people have different opinions on optimal setups. Sometimes, people prefer fingers over hp latents because they like more time to match orbs, for example. SI also makes that even more convoluted. If anything, write out what you think is best, and compare with other people, and try to work towards a net goal that would make sense to both parties.

9. Concrete Cat

Concrete Cat Cheque please.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you make this guide I will read it and sometimes leave comments.

I'm currently running:
    Bmyr
    Sumire
    Sumire
    Andro
    Andro

10. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Looking atyour pad herder, I would:
    Inherit both Urd skill onto BMyr and one of the two Sumire

11. Concrete Cat

Concrete Cat Cheque please.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My pad herder is due for an update. I've been trying to decide what to do with inherits. That would break my Shiva team for a while...

CURIOUSCOMP likes this.