Is Fenrir all that bad?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by TPtastebad, Apr 7, 2016.

1. TPtastebad

TPtastebad Active Member

User ID:
    339 342 375
    PADherder:
    link
    I mean sure, creating dark orbs + jammers sounds like a total troll
    but considering his LS, I honestly think he can works well in many descends where you can turn the disadvantage orb troll into your ally. Alot of bosses and none boss can turn almost over half of your board into jammers / poison. Which means this monster means he's born for these dungeons! 3 jammers = 4x attk and 9 = 10x also! 2x attk when attk with 5 colors, so ideally he can literally deal 200x dmg with another Fenrir friend . Not to mention his AS is on a rather short CD even at lvl 1. Put one more Fernir on your team and with a friend lead. It pretty much ensure a constant jammers on your board.

Not only as leader he's useful, but his stats as sub is pretty appealing to me as well
    you can use his skill to combo into another monster who can turn jammer into an element orb. Also the fact he's a devil + attacker makes him really easy to set in a team with. Sure im not good with numbers, but just by what he's showing on the surface I believe he can be a pretty solid leader. Not saying he will be a "new meta" (which he could, potential is there). But I just think we should give it a chance.

2. Shinigami Yuki

Shinigami Yuki Things are getting hectic.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think Fenrir will have his tiem in the spotlight at some point. From memory, from either this ranking dungeon or the last, there was a strong team floating around with him as a sub for that dungeon so he does have his uses.

3. Dando

Dando Well-Known Member

HP and RCV multipliers are pretty huge lately but for a pure damage team I think he'll become pretty good. Gungho seems committed to buffing Fenrir into relevance.

4. Emmy <3 soccer

Emmy <3 soccer Well-Known Member

User ID:
    he seems okay, I wish I had a jammer-based constellation 2 god to go with him though. I think he could work as a decent sub though, attk stat is great and the active is useful(aside from jammers :().

5. NotEnoughGolds

NotEnoughGolds Active Member

User ID:
    That's 400x actually. And the 2x is getting buffed to 2.5, so a 25x cap multiplier on each lead for 625x combined.

TPtastebad likes this.
  6. Emmy <3 soccer

User ID:
    TIME TO HYPERMAX MY FENRIR :3

TPtastebad and Shinigami Yuki like this.
  7. TPtastebad

TPtastebad Active Member

User ID:
    339 342 375
    PADherder:
    link
    Oops my mistake, forgot to include another Fenrir haha. But yea, 625x is really huge and for sure can kill off anything in this game, only if you can achieve 5 colors plus 9 hammers of course, which needs extreme luck of sky fall and change the world (for me at least) but still I believe he can be a really strong lead for descends like Zeus Val or Grimor

8. Angelflames1337

Angelflames1337 Active Member

User ID:
    (JP) 209,814,162
    Just a reminder for those who plan to use Fenrir, Ultimecia is farmable 5 turn heart->jammer converter from coming FF collab later on.

9. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    He's not bad, just cumbersome as fuck. Color match leads with shit RCV and no HP/RCV multiplier are just asking to die at the first sign of orb troll after their actives dry up. He's an even higher-maintenence version of Sakuya. And Sakuya is pretty unforgiving already.

It doesn't help how his board resets must be built from the ground up, have absolutely no spillover benefit for other teams, and require 10 fucking skill ups each.

If you're an orb savant with the patience of a saint, Fenrir can probably be pretty good. I just don't think many people fit that description. (Full disclosure: I'm about as good at matching as Brock Lesnar is at calculus. I might have a skewed outlook.)

10. Neekoe

Neekoe Active Member

User ID:
    I have a full team of jammer cards, its fun for a while, then you get bored having to constantly stall for skills so fenrir can get enough jammers to get 10x multiplier.

What jammer teams lack are cards that convert one orb type to jammers. Until there are enough subs for that to happen they will collect dust in my box.

11. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    He is literally pushing for a meta that requires orbs which do nothing.

That alone should tell you how much fail he is.

12. OoKamioO

OoKamioO New Member

User ID:
    He started off on the wrong foot but with the recent buffs is now a powerhouse with the right team. He has a impressive x1200 against God types if you manage to pull it off (suck it Kali!) and if you can farm two maxed skill Gainauts (Dkali active + jammers, 8 turns maxed) he becomes a very powerful lead.

With 2*Fenrir and 2*Gainaut on your team you have 80% SBR so the only real danger is getting binded which isn't a problem with A.Isis and spend the last slot on TE like A.Tsukyomi. There is a skill curve since he's basically a Ra Dra but once you get used to the jammers it shouldn't be too difficult and right now his pool is very limited (weak in terms of awakenings too). So, when a good hearts to jammers monster and the REM version of Gainaut (for inheritance or otherwise) gets released I know we'll be seeing a lot more of him!

13. Emmy <3 soccer

User ID:
    I don't understand the "jammer orbs are useless it must be bad" argument, because a mono-color team would typically consider off-color orbs useless and they're a perfectly valid team archetype.

kiarahakura and Dando like this.
  14. Dando

Dando Well-Known Member

I agree. If the jammer monsters have enough advantages to make the jammers worth it then they will be good. The only reason they aren't good is because their benefits don't outweigh the drawbacks yet. Fenrir started off a lot weaker than he is now and there is nothing inherent to jammers that means they have to be bad. Some people are mad about them and don't want them to ever be good but it's up to gungho.

15. NotEnoughGolds

NotEnoughGolds Active Member

User ID:
    They aren't a naturally occurring color so you have to run subs to make them for you, and then the fulfill the sole purpose of activating your leader skill.
    With color leads, you run subs that make your primary attack color. Matching that color directly adds damage and contributes to activating your leader skill.

Bastet teams aren't running subs that make blue orbs so the "blue orbs don't help green teams" argument doesn't really hold water.

But that's why there's a 625x bounty for full activation. Remember: D/D Anubis is "only" 225x for 15 combos. This is a whole other realm of difficulty vs. reward.

Arranging likes this.
  16. lemontree

lemontree coop is my only weakness

User ID:
    Wtf no. He has his own farmable dark kali called awoken jorngamound (probbaly fucked up the spelling). He can probably run ultimate areana easily since the bosses cause jammers fall for 99 turns. Not to mention his leader skill boost makes him even more danagerous.

17. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Unfortunately Fenrir's leaderskill would overwrite that 99 turn Jammer fall with a 1 turn Jammer fall.

And @ViewtifulGene is right. It's hard to test out a new style leader when pretty much all of your existing subs are useless. So no one is really investing in giving him a go. Also in NA we don't have Gainut or Jormangandr yet, and who will be the definitibe subs, D/L Kali w/Jammer actives, covers the rainbow and tonnes of relevant Awakens and farmable. Combine with an RGB Mechanical Star 2 and a Utility and you should be set. It's just a colossal investment on a team that might not work out, and none of the subs are really usable anywhere else.

18. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    We do have Gainaut, he's just a massive fucking pain in the ass to skill up. His dungeon is horrendously brain-cell-intensive.

19. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah. Unless you have the right team that dungeon is a nightmare. :(

20. Mint Berry

Mint Berry New Member

I hope that one day Gungho makes a new type of awakening where matching jammer combos gives some sort of substantial attack boost to the monster. Give 1 or 2 of these to Fenrir and he wold become an interesting sub with a self contained spike.

kiarahakura likes this.