Is Odysseus worth picking up?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by kandjar, Nov 29, 2018.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ... for 4 rainbow jewels.

Basically the topic :D

2. reignoffaya

reignoffaya Member

I think it is :). this is the best 7 by 6 leader with a higher multiplier that diablos. Also, there is always that one whale out there that put either a mut or nicol bolas inherit and made their odysseys unbindable. you can also play with leaders like madoo and ideal as they add time and work better on a 7 by 6 board.

3. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Diablos is still the best 7x6 lead, but yes, worth picking up especially if you don't have many 7x6 options of your own.

4. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

If you can combo, it isn't a bad leader. In fact, she is pretty nice. 12x 25% 7x6

5. Noc

Noc Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Since he's a 7x6 lead, he doesn't get paired with himself. So you could always look through your friends list for people that got him and take him for a test drive to see if you like him. And if a lot of people are using him, that in itself might be a good argument for not picking him up because of the whole unmatched leads thing (unless you have an alt you want to pair him with). This presents a unique opportunity to try before you buy using your own box rather than some kind of pre-selected fixed team :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  6. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    How about the equip form?

7. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Most people should be able to still find plenty of Diablos, Jhoria, Mai etc on their lists these days. You're not going to really change your team options by having another 7x6 lead on your friends list because your own leader selection probably isn't changing much based on any of those leads you pair with. However, if you have the 7x6 lead on your side, your team options grow tremendously.

As an example, I had Yuna which was for a long time my only decent lead I could pair with Diablos. Didn't have Anubis, Ideal, etc. Got lucky and rolled Diablos. I was able to pair with Yuna still, plus Anubis, DIdeal, Light Ideal, and more recently stuff like Reeche, Zela, etc that I didn't have. It's a big deal to have your own 7x6 lead available even if you don't necessarily love it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Ele and Noc like this.
  8. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Doesn’t seem worth it unless you don’t have a 7x6 lead OR a lead who pairs with 7x6 friends.

I like equips that add TE. Seems like the only reason I’d consider him, but I dunno.

9. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I grabbed 2 because we get a ton of medals and Odysseus seems nice to have around. Nice niche killers, wonderful active, good equip form and strong 7x6 lead to pair with whatever the next flavor of the month is.

10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I already bought one on my main because (1) rainbow medals don't stack and they were taking up space, (2) I have LEscha on both accounts and Odysseus makes a fantastic LEscha sub, and (3) my REM fortune has been rubbish since August and I wanted a new toy to play with.

Pairing Odysseus with compatible leads makes for challenging gameplay without considerable TE for me, but other, more skilled players could probably work wonders with him.

I'm considering either buying a second on my main for the equip evo or buying one on my alt and evolving him to the equip evo, then tacking the equip evo (on whatever account I make it) on Droid Dragon and running Rikuu x Roots teams in co-op with my alt and main for full jammer, bomb, poison, and blind resist on a 2/240/3 team with a 25% shield. Roots' active takes care of spinners, meaning about the only major nuisances left are VDP and jammer and poison skyfalls (which I could overwrite with Fenrir assist). UTILITY TO THE MAXIMUM!

kaylathehedgehog likes this.
  11. 20matar

20matar main:20Matar alt:firefly

User ID:
    20matar
    I got her, and equipped Revo Ra, Now the baby chicken have 3 fingers, some trash resist, and another unbindable 7c.
    Super situational, but I have used even in Dmeta team once.:smug:

For me, I just got her because I have more medals in my pockets, but she's nothing like :woot::woot:

12. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Dang. Considering that I have Roots and Droid Dragon myself, you're really tempting me into getting him just for his equip evo.

Tek7 likes this.
  13. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    He's a real good lead. Compares favorably to diablos in many ways (higher multiplier, better active). He is bindable (unbindable equip would help loads) and more difficult to play are the cons.

Overall, i feel he's better than diablos if you are fast enough and can make him unbindable either through badge or assist. Also better damage control.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 at 11:01 PM
  14. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I may be slightly crazy, but I bought two just for the assist form. He's a fantastic generic assist because extra time and resistances are useful on every time and the CD is so long that it won't often overwrite your original skill if you don't want it to. It's a great way to get to 100% poison resist if another team member already has a Rathian equip, for example.

15. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I bought one... but i m strongly tempted to buy another one.