Is there a list of all damage absorb monster ?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by YamaKyu, Feb 5, 2017.

1. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I know about Sopdet in Sphinx Desc and Arena, I heard about Parvati (but don't know much about her) somewhere, and there's also Nifelheim (or something like this) in Legendary Sea of Stars.

There are probably more I'm forgetting, so I was wondering if there's a list somewhere of which monsters have a damage absorb and how much they absorb ?

2. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

Why exactly? If you're entering a dungeon you can look it up on padguide or padx.

3. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Pretty much because of killers. I'm used to look in PADx/Padguide for the details of a dungeon, but I *always* forget to to check typing, so I figured when I'ld start lurking at Arenas and other high end content I *will* forget to check typing as well, and end up fucked because I have Alrescha in my Sumire team :D

But this is a non-issue when I already know the type of monsters that have damage absorb. I know I can't use Alrescha to kill Sopdet, or NY Hanzo to kill Nifelheim (or whatever its name is), because I already know these are god and dragon.

4. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Theres quite a few. Up to radars and vishnu, etc....are you counting combo shield absorbs too?

5. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

Given that he's talking about killers, I'd say no. But also I feel that resolve falls in this category?

I'm certainly not up to the task for finding these but you forgot Scarlet in her dungeon (first form, 2 turn damage absorb) and Unicorn in A1.

6. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bosses in Arena 1-3 with a null or absorb: Sopdet (God), Parv (Devil/Balanced), Lifive (God/Dragon, can prevent absorb by killing in 2 turns), Vishnu (God/Attacker), Noahdrag/Zeusdra/Heradra (God/Dragon), Gaiadrag (Dragon/Machine).

Bosses outside Arena with damage caps: Starling (God/Dragon/Healer), Nifelheim (Dragon), Hanuman (Physical/Attacker), Scarlet phase 1 (Devil, can be delayed away), Linthia phase 1 (Dragon, can be prevented with 1-shot), ult Satan (Devil, caps at 100M so really a nonissue outside of extreme cases), Mathena (Machine).

Generally, God/Balanced/Devil are the worst for absorbs because they easily heal 2 of the worst Arena spawns. Dragon Killers are great if running A1/2, but can be fatal in A3.

Machine Killers are usually fine because Gaiadrag has such a high absorb threshold and other Machines have so much HP to go through.

YamaKyu and Stunna like this.
  7. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well, if you fail combo shields....killers qill still ruin you. But i see what youre saying.

8. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Thanks ! That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot for your help :)