it's funny how the game changes as you progress (evo material rantish)

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Yuri-G, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Yuri-G

Yuri-G holy sh*t snacks!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    then: ugh, I can't imagine ever clearing Friday Expert for those dub-mythlits. but at least I have masks from running all those technicals.

now: dub-mythlits? no problem, I'll just farm Friday Mythical - I even get free tamadra if the dub doesn't drop. but wait, I need a divine indigo mask for this evo? DAMNIT

seriously... descend bosses, seven-star evo materials? I've got plenty, and if I run out I can get more easily. a simple divine mask? I need three, and I'm ready to shoot myself farming for these sons of bitches.

tldr: it really is the most basic evo materials that are the most frustrating when it comes to late game :/ isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Dunamos, dms1485, Rizu and 3 others like this.
  2. Verrous@PF

Verrous@PF Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have fifteen or so squids waiting for the lowest light spirit to try and skill up my genie from when the bowl dragons were a thing. I get one or two a week done and at this rate I'll be working on it halfway into 2016. But no way am I farming the 10 stam dungeon for genie skillups.

3. memerylane

memerylane Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well, regardless of the current struggle, it's now well-known that the various "gold egg level" ones are necessary for all sorts of monster-as-evo-mat uevos. Might as well start saving a few here and there in the ol' box.

4. Hansey

Hansey Casual scrub since February 2013

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hah, I know what you mean... the *only* masks I've needed for the past two weeks are Divine Onyx Masks, but will they drop on the final floor of Wednesday Expert? Heck no. But I have enough Mystic Masks to last me quite a while now.

Also, several weeks back, I was experiencing a severe shortage of Dub Mythlits, so I farmed a bunch of Friday Expert (mainly because I could run it twice for the cost of running Mythical once). As a result, I ended up with something like 12 Dub-Topalits. I gave up evolving baby Tamas a long time ago because getting Dub Topalits was such a chore, but at least my need for Dub-Myths gave me a small stock to do some evolutions. ;)

All in a day's work for the GungHo Desire Sensor.

Dunamos likes this.
  5. akhc

akhc Vissi D'Arte

User ID:
    385 014 322
    PADherder:
    link
    That's why I try and keep a minimum of 5 of the lower evo mats and between 5 and 10 of the higher level ones.

dms1485 likes this.
  6. DJKC

DJKC ♪走りばなしのノンストップライフ♪

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Max skilling hero gods really drives this home. When I did my Pandora, I ended up doing hundreds of runs of the basic 5 stamina normal dungeon of darkness to get the 2 dark lits needed per dark sprite to evolve them. It was more painful than any high level content I could farm at the time.

Dunamos likes this.
  7. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    nah, i don't have this problem. not only do i keep about 10-15 of everything EXCEPT the rectangle and small round masks, but i also primarily roll the evo machine, which gives out the divine masks like candy. just save for a rainy day.

8. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This. So much. I have no Pandora other than Chibi, but I do have and am in the process of skilling up Perseus, Yamato, Wukong and Andromeda #2.

Andromeda #1 was a good one and max skilled with about 15 fairies.

Yamato is being such a turd, I'm considering using py.

9. Rizu

Rizu Prolly Batman or Some Shit Idek

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As a notorious Evo mat hoarder (unless it's an Awoken uevo, I can usually evolve a card to uevo inside a week or so), I have less a problem with the usual mats for evolution (Keeper/ onyx Mask/on colour dublit, etc). Although I will admit to issues with having Mystic Masks or dub-mythlits on hand. The latter I use as soon as I get them. I have numerous cards ready to evolve in my box just waiting for that damned mythlit. Mystic masks so seldom show up for me as a material that when they do I'm like o_O Gdi.

I do agree with the low rung evo mat material sometimes being in shortage for me. I've trained myself not to sell every last lit when I'm clear garbage out for space. The thing I never have is the basic dragon fruit and plant dragon shit. I have literally groaned in frustration seeing them in the evolution formula. I've also farmed fairies and had them sit in my box for months as I slowly get around to evolving them. Not that it matters. Idk, it feels like the hero series has some kind of block on skill ups. Either that or it just feel that much more frustrating to level and evolve these stupid fairies, feed a whole mess of them to their respective card only to have it be like NAH. Skill level 1, mate.

10. DJKC

DJKC ♪走りばなしのノンストップライフ♪

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have two accounts. Across them, I did Pandora with fairies first and needed around 30 ~_~ I did Perseus number 1 via fairies for most of them and did the last skill level via a py. Number 2 has one skill level from a fairy and is being neglected, since I rarely play Bastet on that account. Numbers 3-4 have no skillups. Andromeda I did all with fairies, casually over 6 months, because I've yet to actually use her. I did Takeru 1 with fairies, 2 with all piis except one level from fairies, and 3-4 have no skills done. Wukongs 1-4 are all at skill level 1. There might be a single skill up done on the first one, I forget.

At this point, if I get already evolved fairies from the rare character machine, great. Otherwise I don't use the hero gods or skill them via piis. Just such a pain otherwise, especially since I have ~15 across the accounts.

11. Dunamos

Dunamos Just zis guy, you know?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    "IT'S LIKE RAYYY-EE-AYYYYYYN..." :singing:

Yuri-G likes this.
  12. Dunamos

Dunamos Just zis guy, you know?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Fairy hell... yes. And now that Pandora is max skilled, I'm doing those again for Baddie/Amelits to make Big Baddies for Vampire skillups... and Shynee/Topalits to make Big Shynees for Angelion skillups... so many other things I'd rather do with the stamina, but at least it's easy, just really boring. On the plus side, it's an easy way to troll through the anonymous User list for good friend leaders, since you can pretty much take anyone and win those dungeons...

Ele and dms1485 like this.