jellyfish and Goetia - a new journey in PADLand

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by whyme, Jan 28, 2016.

1. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ID 346,195,388 (jellyfish)

January 28, 2016 (Day 11)
    Rank 71
    Magic Stones 26
    Box Size 100
    Normal: completed Kronos Forest
    Technical: completed Blazing Highway

It's hard to believe only 11 days have passed since I pulled on that little machine and found there, all alone, in search of someone to belong to. I've taken my time window shopping, and did enough research to know that I'm supposed to move on and seek a better partner. But, one look at her, and I knew I have found my first mate.

I remember vividly, how we headed over to the pal generating machine looking for companions for her. There was a special deal on enhance materials, and we splurged every last point we had, and settling on a foursome of Super Dragons for Goetia to lead:

Now, a mere 11 days later and thanks to more welcome gifts from the rulers of the land, our little shack built for 20 have expanded to a proper house for 100. Goetia herself have taken on a new look . I guess I should not have been surprised, but this little girl flitted from team to team like they're her wardrobe. After going through her phases with the Dragons and the EVO Mat's, little Goetia has settled on

I don't know how long this foursome will keep her happy. The little Vampire Lord has proven to be quite a glutton, eating every critter in sight. Hopefully he'll grow out his appetite soon, as Goetia could use some fodder herself.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    cjo, iiTzJDL and Grizztof like this.
  2. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Current Progression:

April 23, 2016 (Day 98)
    Rank 269
    Magic Stones 32
    Box Size 500
    Normal: completed Junos Island / The Heroes' Hideout
    Technical: completed Mystic Dragon Historic Site / Mythic Stone Dragon Cave

REM Rolls:

Tutorial Roll:

Rank 150 Memorial Roll:

Godfest 2/29/2016: (celebrating hypermax Goetia!)

Godfest 3/31/2016: (looking for Leilan - no luck)

Rank 250 Memorial Roll:

Godfest 4/17/2016: (hoping for Pandora...or something)

Milestones:

(Reverse Chronological Order):

April11, 2016 - Almighty God Mythical (0 stones, 1st try)
    via Zeus Challenge

(Levels 99/70/52/70/74/99)

Apr 08, 2016 - Guan Yinping! Master (0 stones, 1st try)

(Levels 99/70/70/55/74/99)

Mar 06, 2016 - Corpse Wyrm (0 stones, 1st try)
    via Descended Challenge

(Levels 58/59/34/77/44/99)

Mar 03, 2016:
    • Divine Queen's Sleepless Castle (0 stones, 3rd try)
    • The Heroes' Hideout (0 stones, 1st try)
    • The Goddess Descended Legend (0 stones, 1st try)
    • The Goddess Descended Mythical (1 stone, 1st try)

(Levels 99/58/50/50/99/99)

Mar 02, 2016 - Aamir Legend (0 stones, 1st try):

Feb 29, 2016 - Hypermax:

Feb 27, 2016 - Hera Ur Legend (0 stones, 5th try):

Feb 02, 2016 - Ocean of Heaven (Sea-God of Heaven):

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  3. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Leader Partners I like

Current Project:

Skill Up Homura.

Next Project:
    KotG team?

Current Focus, by color:
    :fire: - -
    :water:
    :earth: -
    :light: -
    :dark: - -

Monsters I want:
    I don't know. Need to look into this.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  4. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    (Reserved Post 4)

5. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL has given up on life to become a bean

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    well at least someone else likes goetia

samuelburtt likes this.
  6. LightFangX

LightFangX ♡ Choco Parvati ♡

User ID:
    329,242,285 (Light@PF), 368,973,395 (Light2)
    A Goetia journal? This should be an interesting experience :p

iiTzJDL likes this.
  7. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    January 31, 2016 (Day 14)
    Rank 76
    Magic Stones 30
    Box Size 115
    Normal: completed Kronos Forest
    Technical: completed Twilight Woods

I don't think Goetia is happy with me. A gift came our way, and after turning down I settled on . Goetia demanded that we look for to bring home. I countered that if we dally much longer, I won't be able to explore PADLand with her. She settled down after that, but the pouting did not go away. Ironically, we took the opportunity to enter the Rhea-Themis Temple, where we happened upon the Divinegon's Den and the spurned pet and his pals waylaid us.

To make matters worse, she caught me staring at the lovely ladies from the GodFest. We have the room and the resources to bring in a second mate. Alas, this is still the honeymoon phase. Mayhaps I should keep my focus on dear Goetia a bit longer.

Poring Tower is too cute. We took our time visiting there, and ended up expanding our house to host the assorted dumplings and ghosts that followed us home:

I'm glad my dear Vampire Lord's appetite finally abated after a buffet of Pendgras. Word of his feasting prowess traveled far and wide, and the rulers of the land granted him the title Duke! Just in time, too. Goetia has been eyeing the poor and salivating, causing them great distress and discomfort.

As for where we go from here, I admit to being a little lost. Our little baddie is growing up quite nicely, and Goetia now often takes it along on our explorations.

Perhaps it's time to revisit that Divinegon's Den, and see about getting past it and continue our trek to the Ocean of Heaven. I hear it's lovely there.

February 1, 2016 Addendum
    Call me a sentimental fool. I fed my poor to Goetia today. is now officially my number one. A new group of lovelies came a'calling at the Godfest. I'm doing my best to stay away from there for now. We have a few more technical dungeons to visit.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  8. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    February 2, 2016 (Day 16)
    Rank 83
    Magic Stones 40
    Box Size 115
    Normal: completed Ocean of Heaven
    Technical: completed Shrine of Liquid Flame

I had wanted to put some separation between posts, but today was a milestone of sorts, and I thought it's worth a post. I took Goetia and her pets through Ocean of Heaven today, with a nice visit at the Sea-God of Heaven! My carelessness almost cost us a delay or three, but Goetia was a trooper and pulled us through each time.

I've learned a few things, the biggest being Goetia/Goetia does not recover HP well. And, it's sad two of the subs I wish to put under her command (Cerberus Rider, Awoken Hades) are REM only. From what I have researched, they're the two biggest hitters available to my dear Goetia (devil, dark/green, strong atk, and two TPA each). I had planned on working my way to 150 and making the achievement gift my second "roll". I hope I don't hit a bottleneck before then.

In the mean time, we will press on through the land of the legendary dragons, and see if we can bring home a for her. I wonder who else I should look to bring back to go alongside the above-mentioned dragon and the baddie. and are nice enough companions, each bringing something to Goetia's team. But, I feel like she could use a bruiser or two...

Oh yeah, Goetia ate all the dumplings from the Poring Tower. I did manage to keep her away from the cowering in the corner, reminding her we need them in case we want to journey into the Wed or Fri special dungeons. Speaking of which, I wonder if I can find her a good source of to feast on...

And, in other news, Keeper of the Rainbow submitted to my sweet Goetia today as well.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  9. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I want to give a shout out to iiTzJDL and the others who have kindly befriended me and kept their Goetia at the ready to keep mine company. Thank you! Goetia has her lil' black dragon, who is growing up quite nicely.

iiTzJDL likes this.
  10. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Current Progression:

February 6, 2016 (Day 20)
    Rank 96
    Magic Stones 38
    Box Size 175
    Normal: completed Legendary Dragon's Footprints
    Technical: completed Shrine of Liquid Flame

Clearing Legendary Dragon's Footprints was a very exciting moment. We managed to bring home , and have returned many times in search of food for the dragon. The dragon proved a fast grower, and all that chomping has turned him into . With 10 levels to go and a need to bring home a , we will be blessed with the almighty

Yeah, I know that transformation requires we acquire . Fortunately, a short while back we were blessed with a shower of Evo material from the pal machine, which included those precious fruits. I anticipate Goetia's entourage will experience a little shake up come Tuesday.

Goetia partners continue to be difficult to find, and we have found the trips to the Bottom of the Abyss a troublesome place to visit. I believe for me to continue this journey, I will have to find a popular leader that dances well with my dear Goetia. I particular enjoy working with / . My team then runs something like this:

While I miss the higher boost afforded by a second Goetia for the two leaders, I find the HP and RCV boost welcome, and the four color cover means I'm now practicing matching dark + two other, which may come in handy in case I...um...I mean...well...(shh, don't tell Goetia, but there may come a time when she will have to submit to a new leader).

In the meantime, I will continue to explore other partners, to see who else Goetia finds enjoyable.

Oh yeah, and poor is whimper over there in the corner. I wonder if he'll get big enough to go out on walks with us someday...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  11. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    February 9, 2016 (Day 23)
    Rank 107
    Magic Stones 41
    Box Size 200
    Technical: completed Hypno Forest

It appears I have a rage problem. Today, on the fourth jaunt into the realm of the Keepers, I finally saw and captured . Unfortunately, on that very run, his big brother decided to withstand Goetia's onslaught, and proceeded to wipe the team! In the moment, I expended the power within a gem and allowed Goetia and the team to be revived and resume combat. Goetia then booted the Keeper, snatched his egg and proceeded right out of the dungeon. This makes for the second time I've used a stone for a dungeon, and neither time was it for all that rare of a drop. I need to curb this bad habit, if I expect to bring home a worthy second mate for Goetia someday.

With all the material gathered, we watched with excitement as our pet dragon made his progression:

--> --> !

Goetia's tantrum is powerful enough, but I'm coming to realize that, as the monsters whittle her HP down, our poor team struggles to recover. We do have a little fluttering about the house. Perhaps when she is of age we can bring her along to help with the recovery.

Our team is now

When Lilith joins the rotation, I'll likely choose two amongst Lilith/Baddie/KOR to fill the two spots, depending on my needs. I like Lilith/KOR for the recovery and hp boosts, respectively. I get to keep a mini burst too, in Lilith's evolved form. I'll have to experiment and see.

Also, with Goetia happily trouncing all the mooks along the way, I'll need to skill up the team so that those skills are actually relevant.

And drat! I just saw that Lilith wants a Keeper of Dark of her own, if I want her to evolve. Sigh...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  12. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    February 12, 2016 (Day 26)
    Rank 118
    Magic Stones 43
    Box Size 200
    Technical: completed Hypno Forest

IS AMAZING! There, I said it. Goetia is content with the ATK boost, and basks in the RCV boost and the huge dark board Sonia provides come boss time. Better yet, Goetia is now best friends with a max level Red Sonia, and together they brought enough to max skill

!!!

With the ferocious dragon taken care of, I think I will turn my attention to Lilith. She's attracted some succubi friends. In time, they will help trigger her awoken skills. In the meantime, I hope to attract more of her friends to boost her skill. The Bottom of the Abyss has become our regular jaunt, and I fear we have not explored much new ground in a while. Perhaps a week more to help Lilith grow, and then I'll turn my attention back to exploring new territories. The project looks daunting, requiring

x3
    x3
    x4
    x4
    x4
    x17!

At that point, I'll have to decide on her ultimate form and gather the necessary material for that! Time to make room in the house for some storage...

The new Godfest is around the corner, and the new offerings look amazing. I promised sweet Goetia 'til level 150 before bringing in a second mate. Sadly, I think that means foregoing the festival this time. May be if I remind her there's a chance to convince Red Sonia to join our family...nah.

13. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    February 16, 2016 (Day 30)
    Rank 137
    Magic Stones 42
    Box Size 250
    Technical: completed Creek of Neleus

I am so close! A fortunate drop at the end of the day yesterday means the Lilith project can be done today, if the Keepers would cooperate. Four runs so far, netting . Definitely within reason given the probabilities, but why couldn't it have been the other way? I would be able to move on to my next project then.

The trek through Creek of Neleus was quite leisurely, and I hope that means I will get through this region in short order next Monday and on to the next set of Technical Dungeons. With a somewhat coherent team and a Red Sonia as a constant companion, I hope the journey through T6 will prove equally stress free. I will be testing to see which pairing among I like best for everyday jaunts. I suspect by the time I reach the doorsteps of Starlight Sanctuary, I will be level 150, and Goetia will have her second mate. I just hope it'll be someone compatible with her.

The team of choice, for at least one more day, remains

We've fallen into a bit of routine, with us cruising through the main levels of normal dungeons, tapping as needed. Then, we use a combination of and/or for the sub-boss, and , and pretty much takes down the boss. If Sonia's board is a bit light on dark, sweet steps in, and cheers from the sidelines. I wonder how far this combination will take us before get things get tough again.

I was rather proud of myself, staying away from a VERY enticing set of Godfests over Valentines. I wonder what the next Godfest will bring. I expect to make Rank 150 by then, and perhaps we'll try for a new mate or two to supplement the second mate from the Rank 150 bonus.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  14. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sidebar

I don't appreciate my Goetia enough.

What I mean is, when I best friended

I essentially conceded Goetia's gift and talent and made it subservient to Ronia's RCV boost. What I mean by that is, what Goetia brought me was essentially an unconditional x3.5, so long as I'm willing to help her gather pets who play nice with her. I could've replaced Goetia with any x2.5 dark LS devil, and the team could've continued its merry way without skipping a beat. In appreciation of Goetia, I would like to see about building the best team that showcases her as their leader.

In my opinion, a Goetiaesque team should be more bursty. Perhaps something like:

Now we have two orb changers, one hybrid changer/enhancer, one enhancer and HP stick, and the ever-popular emergency button Menace. I also like the look of and . Tiamat brings more punch via his decent ATK stat, his row enhance x2 and a small burst active skill. The Grape Dragon brings a host of interesting awoken skills, a way to heal up a bit and synergy with . We also have for poison and for bind removal.

Time to get to work bringing some of these critters home and raising them properly...

15. Grizztof

Grizztof Shirley, you can't be serious.

It may be worth it to try tracking down some friends. It's not a perfect match, but I think it can work. It's really too bad DG has such little support. Goetia had 2 dark orb enhance awakenings added in Japan. Hopefully they'll sneak in an UVO that makes her more useable with a less restrictive leader skill. I love her art.

whyme likes this.
  16. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the suggestion. I really like her art, too, which is a big part of the reason I decided to try to make her relevant in the formative part of this PAD journey. Technically, this is my third journey. I started one with the Duke Vampire as lead for forever (I think I rolled Apollo on that one, way back when), before landing on Red Sonia when the rank 150 bonus came, and now have some awakening options for the next steps. Then I started a second time which landed DQXQ, LKali and LMeta, and went with the obvious healer rainbow combo based experience. When I upgraded my phone, I decided to start anew and re-experience the game now that I know a bit more about it. I figure in time I'll get other leaders, and Goetia was viable and looked great, so I rolled with it.

I do like too. There are a lot of great dark leaders where Goetia makes for a serviceable co-leader. But, like Red Sonia, I think these ultra-strong leaders would make Goetia bend to their style of teams rather than the other way around. I may make a list of them sometime in the near future. I'm hoping to find a way to make her the star leader of as strong a team as I can muster for her while it's still possible (i.e. normal, technical, some of the periodic special stuff, and MAY BE some easy legend descends). In the old days there was the 9x physical team, which got you pretty far before it lost its edge and remained relevant for some farming duty for a while (or so I'm told - I never actually made such a team and settled instead into a 2/4/2 dark team for everyday purposes). Goetia is offering 12.25x for the right teammates, and I'm wondering how far that can take her. As you said, though, D/G doesn't have the strongest farmable support right now.

One thing I'm curious about is whether she's fast enough skill wise and strong enough with the enhanced orbs to be able to take on the no-RCV dungeons. I picture her team just blasting away level after level while keeping the dark orbs flowing, with Echidna offering a pause button if she gets orbtrolled. I don't like how that means two non D/G members on the team, though.

Grizztof likes this.
  17. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    February 19, 2016 (Day 33)
    Rank 151
    Magic Stones 51
    Box Size 250
    Normal: completed Mars Crater / Sky Dragon's Domain

Thanks to the Experience of a Lifetime, we hit and blew past the Rank 150 milestone today. Goetia and I eagerly visited the Memorial Egg Machine, where we were greeted by

pad iph150 small.PNG

Goetia and I stared at the man, the man stared back at us...and we brought him home. I don't know how Odin and Goetia are supposed to play together. As Goetia and I considered, the brutish man rudely gobbled up the ruby dragons large and small, swallowed our poor lone along with a handful of other evo mats, and promptly demanded we hunt down another dub-mythlit for him! Given that it is Friday and the dungeon gates are open...we'll see.

The trip to snare Hera Beorc proved disastrous. It looks like we're not quite ready for Descends just yet. Speaking of which, I see the gates to Hera opened up for us recently. May be when we have recovered from the shock of her green sister, we'll try to pay the original Hera a visit. Yes, yes, after we bring home another dub-mythlit. I remember, Mr. Odin.

The Lilith project is close to completion. I have a fourth spare Lilith in the works, and I'll feed all four of them to the primary Lilith and evolve her. The D/D version will have to do, given has eluded me and I would need to capture not one, but two of them. The Echidna project is coming along quite nicely as well. So long as Sir Odin does not snatch all the fodder intended for the little echidna's, she should be properly evolved and awoken by next Friday at the latest.

In terms of dungeons, I think I'm now close to a crossroads of sorts. On Mondays I still have more technical dungeons to go through. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how well dear Goetia can handle Starlight Sanctuary. We'll probably clear the rest of the T6 dungeons together today and tomorrow, and give that realm a try.

vincent000 likes this.
  18. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well, I sure hope that was worth it. Mr. Odin has eaten me into the poorhouse. After eating my just acquired along with a few other evo mats for side dishes, the newly evolved man proceeds to plow through

The little brute has, in less than twelve hours, gone from a mere level 4 to

MAX LEVEL AND MAX AWOKEN! Now, if only I can figure out what I'm supposed to do with him.

19. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    February 21, 2016 (Day 35)
    Rank 158
    Magic Stones 55
    Box Size 250
    Normal: completed Junos Island / Sky Dragon's Domain

The fearsome repeated denies my request for passage through the Guardian Dragon of God. Just when I'm ready to conclude my pets need more levels, a bit of research online about this dungeon leads me to believe it may be a strategy problem instead. The boss, could be taken down if Goetia can hit for 173k damage. That may not require if I just trigger all the orb changers I have and Goetia adds her share plus the enhancement on the dark orbs. So, assuming Sonia is up and ready, perhaps triggering her on this little pesky gatekeeper can do the trick...

Alas, my stamina is drained. I'll have to pay a visit to the endless dungeon and check, and then try it when I've recovered enough.

Echidna is growing fast. Repeated trips to Blazing Hell has failed to skill her up thus far, but we will continue to try. The focus this week will be gathering her fodder's evo mats (and leveling up that last fodder) and evolving them. I'll also have to pick up yet another for Echidna's final transformation. A bit of diligence Tuesday, Wednesday if necessary, and Friday should do the trick. That means it's time to start brainstorming my next project.

Oh, yeah, I took Goetia to the Endless Dungeon for a visit. She did not disappoint, taking me well into the 40's before succumbing to
    pad end corr 20160220.PNG

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  20. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Fancy that. A bit of strategic planning did the trick. After several failed attempts over the last few days, my core team got smart and cleared Guardian Dragon of God, the entry level to Starlight Sanctuary!

(Levels 98 / 50 / 56 / 50max / 1max / 99max)

We took our time for the first five floors, making sure the team is ready with their skills. Well, most of them anyway. , wasn't quite ready, but I was hoping I wouldn't need him for the job.

Floor 6

Sonia and Baddie fired up their skills, and the Meteor Vocano Dragon whimpered and left us alone.

Floor 7

The Dark Liege and Chaos Dragon churned several orbs dark, and sweet Goetia added a few of her own and lit them up. The combined effort shattered the hefty defense of the Crystal Aurora Dragon, and we earned our passage to the next level!

This marks the first time I had to plan out my strategy carefully to clear the dungeon with Goetia, and she was up to the task. I'll have to heed this lesson, and do some trip planning with Goetia before we pay Ceres a visit at the next level.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016