Jewel farming + possible improvements

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Luminescent, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Luminescent

Luminescent Member

User ID:
    Okay so I think a lot of PAD players can agree on this, we don’t get jewels. Ever.

Gung-ho feeds us jewels of creation, but no regular jewels. It’s impossible to acquire them outside of Jewel rush and events, and even then the amount of stamina per jewel is almost unreasonable.

I think that it would be best if the monday dungeon had a Jewel floor, or even replaced iron strength plaza completely.

I don’t think that rank farming is as relevant as it’s been in the past and I would certainly prefer jewels over ranks.

What are your thoughts on this predicament? Do you have the same problem? Will Gung-ho ever consider implementing a permanently accessible jewel dungeons, such as they did with tamas?

2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  3. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Well D.Athena costs 75 Spirit Jewels, so sorry if you bought her.

But She’s at least worth 10 Spirit Jewels if you sell her

4. Krunkity Krunk

Krunkity Krunk Active Member

User ID:
    348 246 293
  5. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    3 jewels for 25 stam is hardly unreasonable. Considering you need on average, 2 or 3 per evo, a bar of stam (well for me) is 16-25 evolutions. Compare that to tamas. You get maybe 3 on average after exchanging babies, so I'd get around 25 for a bar of stam. Round it up to 30 to be generous. Enough to awaken 3 cards maybe.

I farm jewels once every few months and have plenty still.

sgt502 and Luminescent like this.
  6. Luminescent

Luminescent Member

User ID:
    I’m not complaining about stamina as much as availability. Stamina is 100% reasonable. the fact it only comes round once a week and there’s a chance you can miss it is stupid

7. Orange Crush

User ID:
    I cant remember the last time I caught the Spirit Jewel Guerrilla. you also describe it as 25 stamina implying 2-player, no?

Thats a lot of assumed commitment that the rest of us dont have. I literally have Spirit Jewels above Super Snowglobes and Pluses in hierarchy of things there arent enough of.

Bolts and Luminescent like this.
  8. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    You literally said "and even then the amount of stamina per jewel is almost unreasonable." Lol. So that's what I was commenting on.

Luminescent likes this.
  9. Luminescent

Luminescent Member

User ID:
    25 because if I said 50 someone would say what you’re saying but instead like “find someone to coop it’s easy!”

but I honestly never really coop guerillas

10. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Just sayin, farming MP to buy Jewels seems more reliable lol

Luminescent likes this.
  11. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I mean if it's that hard for you guys, the one time you get it, stone the heck out of it and get it done with. Trade the ones you have too much of (although good luck if it's dark/red).

Luminescent likes this.
  12. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Everyone who doesn’t also think Jewels are really hard to get sucks and can ignore this. To everyone else, Spirit Jewel Rush today (Tues Dec 4).

It’s UTC-8 11:30am, which I guess you can add to your phones world clock, also looks like it’s accurate to your time zone on PADX. I’m EST so 2:30pm if that helps.

Luminescent likes this.
  13. James1605

James1605 Active Member

The guerillas normally run at 5 different times each day. PAD players are split into 5 different groups (I think that's based on the first 3 digits of your ID), and the guerillas run at a different time for each group. So 2:30 was just the time for your group. FWIW, the other 4 times for the jewel dungeon today were 10 AM, 11:30 AM, 1 PM, and 4 PM (all EST).

Also, just to be clear, PADx shows the times for you if you've registered with the site, entered your time zone, and are signed in. Otherwise, you get UTC-8, or possibly PST/PDT (I'm not sure if it adjusts for DST). If you entered your ID (or at least the first 3 digits or whatever is used for the groups), then you will only get the times for that group. If you left the ID blank (Or 0?), you'll see all 5 times for each guerilla (in your local time, if you entered your time zone). That's very handy if, like me, you have accounts that are in different groups (I have two accounts and they're in different groups, so I get two shots at each guerilla each day).

Luminescent likes this.
  14. Orange Crush

User ID:
    yeaaaaah I forgot Im the US Brachy group (also isnt there a digit in your Id that subdivides it more?)

Anyway I slept through it this time, so I guess I'll chalk it up to karma for being a jerk and continue not evolving shit or burning MP like dirty coal

15. James1605

James1605 Active Member

I don't know about the additional ID digit. According to PADx , they can also set a guerilla time based on your starter dragon color, and I think I've seen that before, but I don't think that they normally use that these days.

For the record, that PADx page in my link goes back to when the metal dungeons were guerillas, but I assume that the rest of the info still applies.

Luminescent likes this.
  16. Orange Crush

User ID:
  17. James1605

James1605 Active Member

Ah, there you go. I actually looked for another one of the old wikis, but that one is gone now. I have the one that you posted in my bookmarks, but missed it somehow.

18. Orange Crush

User ID:
    I feel like there’s gotta be a poor millennial can’t justify spending MP on Jewels and work two jobs and to have the time to hit the guerrillas for joke in here somewhere (of which I’m sort of one of)

Luminescent likes this.
  19. Luminescent

Luminescent Member

User ID:
    Honestly, I’m pretty busy. School, work, etc. Guerillas can happen during school hours.

Spending MP on jewels is just ridiculous to me. As hard it is to get jewels these days, MP has many better uses such as buying Cotton, limited time MP shop purchases, buying the MP shop dragons etc. Most can’t really afford to expend MP on Jewels.