Jewels

Discussion in 'Monster Farming' started by SirAuron13, Nov 17, 2016.

1. SirAuron13

SirAuron13 New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What exactly is the best way to acquire jewels. I have a bunch of pal points saved up; should I dump them in the rare monster carnival (which has nothing else I need) or hang on to them for an evo material carnival?

2. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    I've gotten jewels from both. But personally i find the evo carnival much more useful. The rare monster carnival is only good if you are looking to skill up certain monsters. Of course tamadra can also come from the rare monster pem but those are rare and still don't make it worth it for me.

3. James1605

James1605 Member

FWIW, if you can handle it, there are also the "Rare Monster Infestation" urgent dungeons, which will probably be up again at some point in the next several days. Apparently the drop rates used to be terrible, but they're really good now. I haven't really been keeping track, but I think my jewel drop rate for the legend dungeon has been at least 75 - 80%. (Now if I could only get the dungeon to drop the right jewels :) )

Note that if you look at the dungeon info on PADx, there's a floor with a Keeper (eg. Wind Keeper) that they still haven't added. It's in between the Chaser and Sprite floors, and the Keepers have a -80% HP pre-emptive attack, so you'll want to be prepared for that when you finish off the Chaser.

4. SirAuron13

SirAuron13 New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the info, jewels really are the worst. Can't find a reliable way to get them.

5. James1605

James1605 Member

I don't think there is a "reliable" way to get specific jewels. When they have jewel invades going, at least you know what you'll be getting, but that's only if you get the invade, and I haven't had great luck with that. I have had good luck getting jewels from the RMI dungeon, but the game loves screwing with me. For a while, it kept throwing dark jewels at me (in that dungeon, and from the PEM). I had 18 of the damn things in my monster box at one point. I had a number of evo's that needed dark jewels. The problem was that they needed other jewels too. I'm down to "only" 12 of those now, but the game's been throwing green jewels at me lately. I'm up to 11 of those. Meanwhile, I've only got 1 water, 3 light and 4 fire. Oh well.