JP anniversary Stream is soon ! Any wish/"please don't"-list ?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by YamaKyu, Feb 12, 2019.

1. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Make crosses meta again

User ID:
    349-296-255
    If I'm not mistaken, we should expect the PAD 7th anniversary JP Stream around something like Feb 20th, right ? And I assume it should be full of exciting stuff !

Here's my wishlist, have my "please no" list while we're at it :
    • I know they just buffed it but I so wish they would re-think the L-Shield. It has plenty of problems, and unless it's broken strong I doubt the recent buff is going to change anything. It needs utility, not power. We already have plenty of power :(
    • Probably not happening anytime soon but gosh I wish they would buff rows and TPAs with regularly useful *utility* so that it becomes an inherently desirable playstyle. L-Shield got an awesome buff with the ability to cancel lock skyfall and that's fantastic, but that's too situational. And yes, I do have ideas.
    • Never happening but I want a cross awakening *so badly* ha ha (I also have ideas).
      #MakeAttributeCrossesDesirableAgain
    • Can we have a better way to communicate in multiplayer. Especially in 3p which has random matchmaking.
    • EDIT : Can we have more variety with new leads ? I don't think we've seen a "can't match less than X orbs" in a while ? Can we have an actually good one ?
      • Can we have some 5x4 leads pleeeaaaaase.
    • EDIT : Can we remove 5o1e from existence ? Or strongly buff all the leads that use it ? There's a better version of this LS mechanic that is easier to use and far more consistent, if they want to keep 5o1e in there they *need* to make it desirable thing (but tbh I would be fine if they just removed it entirely :9)
    • Can we have ults. Like, PLENTY of ults, Awokens and REvos.
    • Can we have more equip evos. PLENTY. I'll never ever have too much equi evos honestly. They keep making them, that's great. Gimme. Especially equip evos of old "5* GFE" like LKali, Balboa, Saria, Gadius, etc...
      We still don't have L-shield equip evos !
    • Throw us some Mega Awoken evos ! I think we should expect at the very least Typhoon, DKali, maybe Tsubaki and more importantly...
    • Mega Skuld. Please please please make her a water cross lead please please I'm really attached to Skuld but I haven't a single use for her because I only play crosses and water sucks at crosses. Cherun just came out and it turns out she looks pretty good but 1/ she's a glass cannon 2/ nobody has her because she was only availaible for 2 cumulated weeks OTL
      Like, they could make the stream last 1 minute, just show us Mega Skuld and her skills and she's a great water cross lead and I'll be happy. Oh, and, no 7c please.
    • About the 7c. I'm pretty sure they'll be doing it anyway but I swear I don't want to see a quad 7c card. My guess is it should be quite likely that they will reveal one (since they have new GFEs around the corner (more on that in just a bit)) because we already have Suou, and they usually tend to make cards with crazy features in seasonal/collab REM first then make it more common (typical example : Ideal → Zela → Greco3 Pantheon, and there's been plenty of other examples). But I really super duper don't want it.
    • Please no 7c equip evo as well. It's the single one equip evo I don't want in this game. 7c is already everywhere, super strong and as flexible as it can be, no need to make it even more flexible.
    • #End7cSupremacy
    • I hope they won't show us more GFEs that they've teased us. We already have *so much* and they keep making new GFEs so fast. Please slow down :')
    • Can we slow down on collabs as well. Very personal opinion here though.
    • In general I think they make too much new stuff, and don't keep up to date the older stuff enough.
    I think that's about it ?
    What would you like to see and not see ?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019 at 10:19 AM
  2. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Here are my specific wants
    Buff L unlock, Over80 and Tpa to be stronger. They don't have to be 2x but I think ~1.7x would be fair.
    1.5 can't compete and therefore makes running anything without 7cs seem hard to justify on 90% of teams. Scheat being an exception.

Mega Awoken Dkali Concept
    D/R
    Stats ha idk keep it simple 1100 weighted
    6000 HP
    2000 ATK
    300 RCV
    God/Dragon
    Unbindable+
    SB
    Slr
    TE+
    Skill Charge
    7c
    7c
    Over80/Lunlock
    Over80/Lunlock?
    idk to go with over80 or Lunlocks. Maybe one of each? I'd be ok with that.

As. Odindra active plus Dkali board. 13 maybe 14 turn CD?
    LS. Connect any 5+ orbs for 4x atk plus 35% shield.
    Match 3+ out of 5 orb types(fire, water, wood, dark and heal because FUCK LIGHT ORBS) for 3-5x atk plus 25% shield. 3x for 3, 4x for 4, 4.5x for all 5.

DKali was originally one of the most coveted pulls for rainbow teams and I think she should get that status back. My 7 DKalis would be pleased.

I think the LS would be fun because to get the most out of it you would have to hit 7cs but also have a 5 match in there making Lunlock and Lshield relevant because you might as well. Also she could use Pandora/Sanada inherits for reliable fua. DCotton of course is great but I don't have that one.

The LS might be a little strong. Maybe cap at 16x if 18x is OMG BROKEN or both shields at 25%. I'm also sick of bringing Odindra everywhere. One 7c ain't arousing anybody. So I think this Dkali would be cool.

Also the art would be her surrounded by an army of mini shivas from her original ult.
    I kinda of wish I didn't make this because now I know I'm gonna be disappointed.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    chiubag likes this.
  3. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Hope there is a stream. Anniversary is 6 days away with no mention of one. Stream or no stream, hopefully there's some big announcements. I don't see how they could get away without any. There would be riots :D

I just want to see a big list of new evos/buffs to existing stuff to bring some life back to dead cards. Either as subs or leads, I don't care. I find myself using the same 20 cards or so. They don't have to be broken good to the point where people don't need to roll new stuff, but some stuff needs a little refresh.

4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Mega ults for Kanna, Escha, Typhon, DKali, and other 6* GFEs that I have multiples of on either or both accounts. Specifically, make them awesome like Mega Scheat and not ho-hum like Mega Gremory (who can be cool in her own right, but not as fun or as flexible as Scheat).

Green TPA lead on par with Komasan that isn't bound to a collab (because there's no indication that NA will ever get Yokai Watch collab and that's most unfortunate).

QOL improvements for speeding up farming (e.g. skip floor transitions, "convert to gems" option at sell screen, "feed to monster with same active skill" option at sell screen, etc).

STACKABLE MEDALS AND TICKETS, WHY IS THIS NOT ALREADY A THING.

Ults or buffs for descend drops that at least give them niche uses. For example: Unbindable Revo Z8 with 2 team HP awakenings, god typing, and new "set HP to 50%" heal/damage active for DMeta teams.

Raise friend limit past 300.

FIX THE FRIEND LEAD SYSTEM. FOR EVERYONE THIS TIME. NOT JUST FOR WHALES.

Some way to close the gap between "farm +30 descends all day every day" in NA and "it's raining pluses sideways" in JP (thanks to PADR). Same idea for snow globes and monster XP (though I suppose Training Arena addresses that point).

EDIT: And hey, since we're daydreaming anyway: GungHo, please blatantly rip off Dragalia Lost's "skip ticket" system. (For those unfamiliar with DL, players can use "skip tickets" to skip daily resource farming dungeons and receive the quest rewards without having to play the quest. Using skip tickets costs stamina and only works on certain dungeons and only after the player has cleared the dungeon once and met certain criteria.)

Introducing a skip ticket system in PAD would allow players to focus more on actually playing the game and less on farming 1,000 widgets to get the latest limited time exchange collab monster.

Because if I had to farm up another 5 Golden MacGuffins for another ticket exchange monster, I might just go on a PAD sabbatical.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    YamaKyu likes this.
  5. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I didn't know that was a thing but gosh I want it sooooo much now

Tek7 likes this.
  6. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I actually strongly disagree with this, although I see where you're coming from. Skip tickets in DL have made me quit that game. I no longer have any interest in playing any new quests that come out because I can't skip ticket them, and if I have to actually play I'd rather run something else most of the time. Part of that I think is because DL's combat system is so dull, so it might not translate to PAD, but I still fundamentally disagree with taking the focus off of gameplay like that. Making a slick speedfarming team is enjoyable and presents an interesting teambuilding challenge, while also giving value to certain cards. A skip ticket system would remove that interesting aspect of gameplay as well as essentially tell the player that the focus of the game is acquiring resources, NOT puzzling.

YamaKyu and ko300zx like this.
  7. ko300zx

User ID:
    There's a perfectly acceptable balance between "actually playing the game" and farming stuff like this right now. The farmable exchange cards aren't mandatory for anything in PAD, so they are very much an optional grind. If they were the equivalent of GFEs or something, I can see how you feel you had to farm for one, but that's not the case. Only thing I've farmed out of all of the exchanges is the blue guy, I don't even remember his name, that makes a top and bottom blue row. Wanted it on the alt for someone to pair with Meri, and the active is nice. Other than that, I've not farmed more than what dropped when clearing for a stone and I don't feel I've missed out on anything. No player, new or old, will suffer if they skip these.

YamaKyu likes this.
  8. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Honestly, I just want to see a buff to old units that have drastically fallen out of the meta. I remember when that was a common thing, and frankly, the lack of ults to old units is half the reason why I've stopped playing as intensively.

9. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Well according to some data mining or something like this, we might get a glimpse on a new type of "Super Reincarnated evo"
    Hopefully we'll see old cards get this potential new shiny feature first :>

Tyizor likes this.
  10. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ah yeah, I saw that post. They had this picture: ED1653A8-FC38-4ADD-B956-B655995C673F.jpeg

And someone wrote that the first three characters of the text on the bottom left said "super reincarnated evolution." I don't know any Japanese at all but Google translate seemed to corroborate that. Maybe MPDra evos and a new evolution past revo? Would be a nice opportunity to buff some older pantheon cards again.

11. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Mostly just looking for mega evos, so I know which gfe's I can safely exchange/exchange dupes of. @YamaKyu Yeah, I definitely want some Mega Skuld action. But Tsubaki's a 5-star, so no mega evo there.

We should be about due for Eschamali and Kaede, I would think.

EDIT: Oh, and some new type of evo to make old pantheon gods more relevant would be great, though GH seems to be going in the opposite direction.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Tyizor and YamaKyu like this.
  12. ko300zx

User ID:
    MisterDrgn likes this.
  13. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think the key difference between the core gameplay in PAD is engaging while the core gameplay in DL is, in my opinion, not nearly as fun. I love a good action RPG, but I strongly suspect the mobile platform can't really do the genre justice (at least, not when compared with some of my favorite action RPGs like Dungeon Siege 3 and Soma Bringer).

I've been looking for excuses to play harder content in PAD without banging my head against "gear check" dungeons like A3 ("Did you bring 3 Fujin actives? If yes, then sweep dungeon. If no, then Menu > Quit > Yes on Sopdet or HeraDra.") The new quest dungeons (not the monthly quests, the other ones) are, more often than not, excellent examples of dungeon design and most are actually fun to play.

But mindlessly farming +30 descends? Not so much.

But when every SA or SA reroll costs 297 pluses, the game demands an absurd number of pluses to build new teams. PAD JP was built around more resources (snow globes and pluses) being more readily available thanks to PADR. PAD NA got the new resource sinks but we didn't get PADR (and likely never will).

Training Arena helps mitigate the problem of farming 50 million monster XP to get from 100 to 110, but farming pluses is still a slog.

In DL, players can not use skip tickets for event quests. If a similar system was implemented in PAD, GungHo could choose when and where to allow players to use skip tickets.

Imagine if you can burn a stamina bar on farming pluses in 10 minutes instead of having to swipe or even button each floor while multitasking over the course of an hour. Same results, same stamina spent, but less time spent mindlessly farming, which means more time available to actually play the game.

They could keep the mindless grind of farming tickets or medals (though I wish they wouldn't OR at least make tickets and medals and chess pieces and whatever else stackable), but I just want a quicker way to farm pluses.

If 80-90% of endgame PAD is farming, then could we please at least streamline farming?

14. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Mostly just looking forward to some more evo's, a lot of GFE's are long overdue for their mega evolutions. Some updated awakenings/super awakenings would be nice too, some monsters are fine, it's just that their awakenings aren't very good in today's meta or they simply make little sense and is altogether incongruent. Some updated stats on some monsters would be nice as well, there's so many monsters that aren't half bad if it wasn't because their stats are just utter crap.

15. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I still have an issue with this because farming is such an instrumental part of teambuilding. For harder dungeons, optimizing consistency is a super interesting exercise. For easier dungeons that you want to farm repeatedly, optimizing speed or convenience is equally interesting. Perhaps the actual runs aren't so much fun, but a skip ticket system would still remove the need for this optimization, at least for speed farming, even if you don't allow the tickets on hard dungeons.

16. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I edited my post.
    • I really want more variety with new leads. I don't think we've seen a "can't match less than X orbs" in a while ? Can we have an actually good one ?
    • CAN WE HAVE A 5x4 LEAD ??????
    • Also I think we should remove 5o1e from existence at this point. Or strongly buff all the leads that use it ? There's a better version of this LS mechanic that is easier to use and far more consistent, if they want to keep 5o1e in there they need to do something about it desirable thing (but tbh I would be fine if they just removed it entirely :9)

Then we would need a reason to not use the skip thing ? Like, maybe it costs 10% more stamina and only net you 50% xp ? So you either do the dungeons normally at normal stamina price and rewards, or you use extra 10% per run to save time and you get less rank xp out of it ? Maybe ? I don't know ?

17. ko300zx

User ID:
    I feel like you're over exaggerating the amount of farming that needs to be done/time it takes, or you're spending too many + points unnecessarily, or, have horrible super luck or something.

New teams don't require an absurd number of plusses. Good subs are good subs and get recycled throughout various teams. More often than not, if I get a new lead, I rarely have to invest anything into subs because they have been used on previous teams. Maybe 1 or 2 here and there if it's a unique leader skill (Saber needed like 2 subs done).

Also, I can clear a full bar of stam (475) in like 30 mins in these 5 floor +30 dungeons. That's about two 297s. Even if you just did half a bar of stam each day throughout the week, 15-20 mins you can farm a 297. Do that each day, you have enough to 297 an entire new team by the end of the week.

I have like 250 297s and 60 with super awakenings, many of which have taken way too many 297s to get the right one. Zela just took like 7. I've rerolled plenty for ranking and stuff too. Done dumb stuff like super awaken a full team of Despharions, etc.

If you despise farming them, maybe be more selective with who you give them to, who you super awaken? I dunno, I still have like 7k points laying around and I really don't ever feel the need to HAVE to sit down and farm +points. I actually can't even remember the last time I did. I just don't see this extreme farming burden, and I consider myself a pretty hardcore player.

Trap likes this.
  18. Inagaki

Inagaki What are you, TAMA ?

PADherder:
    link
  19. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Bleach refresh with strong enough buffs to Rukia/Aizen that they’re meta again.

20. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Sooooooo....
    You can see the full recap here https://pad.protic.site/pad-7th-anniversary-stream-compilation/

Let's compare with my very high expecations :

One man can dream ha ha.

They obviously have absolutely no intention of doing that since they actually pruposefully buffed HeraDra's LS while still keeping it a 5o1e LS.

Well we got some. Biggest highlight among ults is obviously Super REvo Haku, but we also have some ults for the Greco3 series. No Awoken though.
    The gemstones as well as CIEL, GIGA and NON got equip evos so we do have some. However nothing for the old ex 5* GFE and that's extremely sad considering how much buffs/limit breaks have been given to unused/useless cards.
    We've had some Mega evos, but they don't look too exciting in general I would say ? But...

...still no Mega Skuld ;_;

Glad they didn't went the 7c-creep route. I hope they'll never do such things but that's egoistic and unrealistic.

Big lol at this. Though MH collab is actually returning soon and that's great because this collab is great, and Shaman King collab is on its way too. If we get it @NA it would be one of the first collab I'm genuinely interested in.